Is it a reach to say there is no clear cut best player in the NBA right now?

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Kobe is efficient.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Not only that, but Durant isn't as efficient as Kobe.
Shocking.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Kobe is the highest skilled player in the NBA imo, one of the best post up games for a guard, top 5 defender, can still rise up with the best of them, and one of the best/most clutch shots in the game.
eek.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Kobe is the highest skilled player in the NBA imo, one of the best post up games for a guard, top 5 defender, can still rise up with the best of them, and one of the best/most clutch shots in the game.
eek.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

This thread is straight comedy. COMEDY.

Top 5 (in no order)

Paul
Wade
Bron
KD
Dwight

6-10 (no order)

DWill
Kobe
Melo
Dirk
Rose

roll.gif

This thread is straight comedy. COMEDY.

Top 5 (in no order)

Paul
Wade
Bron
KD
Dwight

6-10 (no order)

DWill
Kobe
Melo
Dirk
Rose

How often has there ever been a clear cut best player in the NBA though?

If we go season by season, over the past 20 years, I can think of five occasions:

Jordan in 90 and 91
Hakeem in 94
Shaq in 2000 and maybe 2001

These are really the only air-tight instances where a player has been recognized as the best individual player, had the best stats in the league and led his team to a championship.

If we go season by season, over the past 20 years, I can think of five occasions:

Jordan in 90 and 91
Hakeem in 94

These are really the only air-tight instances where a player has been recognized as the best individual player, had the best stats in the league and led his team to a championship.

It's hard to define best player in the NBA.

But if i could have one player for a playoff series or one game, i find it hard to not take dirk after everything he just did.

Yes he is a mediocre defender but he is the toughest player to guard in the league.

It's hard to define best player in the NBA.

But if i could have one player for a playoff series or one game, i find it hard to not take dirk after everything he just did.

Yes he is a mediocre defender but he is the toughest player to guard in the league.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Jordan in 90 and 91
Hakeem in 94

So you saying Jordan, Drea, and Shaq only had 1 year of their careers being clear-cut best?

I see what you are saying but I believe each of those guys including TD,Kobe, and Lebron has at least 2 years where clearly they have been the best in the league.  Lebrons problem he loses the title because he "Shrinks" when it matters.

I don't get how some are saying Wade is the best player.  When I think of this I say for a whole season.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Jordan in 90 and 91
Hakeem in 94

So you saying Jordan, Drea, and Shaq only had 1 year of their careers being clear-cut best?

I see what you are saying but I believe each of those guys including TD,Kobe, and Lebron has at least 2 years where clearly they have been the best in the league.  Lebrons problem he loses the title because he "Shrinks" when it matters.

I don't get how some are saying Wade is the best player.  When I think of this I say for a whole season.

So for those of you that are punishing LeBron for "disappearing" in the final round of competition, will you use the same logic against Rose for "disappearing" vs. the Heat?

So for those of you that are punishing LeBron for "disappearing" in the final round of competition, will you use the same logic against Rose for "disappearing" vs. the Heat?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif
 lets see
laugh.gif
 the royal court

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif
 lets see
laugh.gif
 the royal court

What amazes me is how yal consider DIRK top 20 of all time lol. Youngsta's (in my Baby Boy Melvin voice)

What amazes me is how yal consider DIRK top 20 of all time lol. Youngsta's (in my Baby Boy Melvin voice)

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard being in hardly anyone's top five. 
roll.gif

There's a better chance that they are the two best overall players in the league than there is that they aren't both in the top five.

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard being in hardly anyone's top five. 
roll.gif

There's a better chance that they are the two best overall players in the league than there is that they aren't both in the top five.

Back
Top Bottom