Is it a reach to say there is no clear cut best player in the NBA right now?

D.Rose disappeared in the playoffs??????????
Rose had an entire team focused on his game, with little scoring help and lebron/wade guarding him all game and still stood aggressive and attacked the basket...... as oppose to lebron having a 6'3 40 yr old point guard on him and constantly giving the rock up to Mike Miller. Superstars have bad games i wont knock Lebron for that but dude completely did NOTHING when his team needed it. He didnt attack he didnt shoot he didnt develop plays, he sat and watched D-Wade try to win THEM a chip

Rose had an entire team focused on his game, with little scoring help and lebron/wade guarding him all game and still stood aggressive and attacked the basket...... as oppose to lebron having a 6'3 40 yr old point guard on him and constantly giving the rock up to Mike Miller. Superstars have bad games i wont knock Lebron for that but dude completely did NOTHING when his team needed it. He didnt attack he didnt shoot he didnt develop plays, he sat and watched D-Wade try to win THEM a chip

Alot of prisioner of the moment type dudes in here.  As others have said, less than 3 weeks ago the vast majority of the board would have said Lebron, now all of a sudden because of his play in the championship his entire season gets thrown out the window and the Kobe lovers flood this thread with his name.  There's a reason why Kobe finished behind Lebron in the MVP voting this year and there's a reason why the Lakers couldn't/didn't beat the Heat this year.      

Alot of prisioner of the moment type dudes in here.  As others have said, less than 3 weeks ago the vast majority of the board would have said Lebron, now all of a sudden because of his play in the championship his entire season gets thrown out the window and the Kobe lovers flood this thread with his name.  There's a reason why Kobe finished behind Lebron in the MVP voting this year and there's a reason why the Lakers couldn't/didn't beat the Heat this year.      

Originally Posted by Deuce King

This wasnt a first round series that he flopped in this was the NBA FINALS....... If your the best player in the L there is 0 chance that you are supposed to get to the championship round and vanish EVERY game in the 4th Period. How are you gonna be the best player in the league if you play like a role player when your team needs you. The boy just froze up and quit so yes the Finals did have that much of an impact on his status
The BEST player in the league cannot be a guy who didnt show up at the most crucial time
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

This wasnt a first round series that he flopped in this was the NBA FINALS....... If your the best player in the L there is 0 chance that you are supposed to get to the championship round and vanish EVERY game in the 4th Period. How are you gonna be the best player in the league if you play like a role player when your team needs you. The boy just froze up and quit so yes the Finals did have that much of an impact on his status
The BEST player in the league cannot be a guy who didnt show up at the most crucial time
grin.gif

LeBron is the still the best basketball player, talent-wise, skill-wise.

Other than the fact that he disappears the harsher the lights get, he's put up MVP worthy numbers.

Kobe's reign as the best player is over.

Wade has been better in bigger moments than LeBron but talent-wise, he's no better. Not the same level of size and speed. They're both not shooters so I defer to their athleticism, the key part of their games. LeBron's just bigger with more or less the same level of athleticism as Wade.

Rose and Durant still have a flaws in their game and decision-making that will go away with a couple years more NBA experience.

Dirk played BEST when it mattered and really, maybe that's all that matters.

LeBron is the still the best basketball player, talent-wise, skill-wise.

Other than the fact that he disappears the harsher the lights get, he's put up MVP worthy numbers.

Kobe's reign as the best player is over.

Wade has been better in bigger moments than LeBron but talent-wise, he's no better. Not the same level of size and speed. They're both not shooters so I defer to their athleticism, the key part of their games. LeBron's just bigger with more or less the same level of athleticism as Wade.

Rose and Durant still have a flaws in their game and decision-making that will go away with a couple years more NBA experience.

Dirk played BEST when it mattered and really, maybe that's all that matters.

Originally Posted by tyisny

He sucked in the conference finals. Period. IDGAF why. He's not top 5 yet. 35% shooting... inexcusable. He only had 1 good series in the playoffs (ATL).

Lifelong Bulls fan here.

Originally Posted by tyisny

He sucked in the conference finals. Period. IDGAF why. He's not top 5 yet. 35% shooting... inexcusable. He only had 1 good series in the playoffs (ATL).

Lifelong Bulls fan here.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

It's Kobe.

Listing LeBron is laughable...

KB is definitely in the mix. The fact that he has that relentless killer instinct puts him there. A few that come to my mind currently: Dwayne Wade, Dirk Nowitzki Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard. I'm sure there are a few more, but those guys come to mind.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

It's Kobe.

Listing LeBron is laughable...

KB is definitely in the mix. The fact that he has that relentless killer instinct puts him there. A few that come to my mind currently: Dwayne Wade, Dirk Nowitzki Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard. I'm sure there are a few more, but those guys come to mind.

its no why you can say Lebron is the best player after this finals performance...Im sorry

yes people have bad series all the time but when you have been paraded around as the best you gotta find ways to still demonstrate that this is still why your the best...@$#@ those nice passes he threw!

If CP3 pulls off a triple double we all damn sure will know its affect on the game.

no order(maybe)

Kobe
CP3
Dirk
Wade
Bron

Durant
D12
Rose
Melo
DWill

its no why you can say Lebron is the best player after this finals performance...Im sorry

yes people have bad series all the time but when you have been paraded around as the best you gotta find ways to still demonstrate that this is still why your the best...@$#@ those nice passes he threw!

If CP3 pulls off a triple double we all damn sure will know its affect on the game.

no order(maybe)

Kobe
CP3
Dirk
Wade
Bron

Durant
D12
Rose
Melo
DWill

Having a bad series I agree with although it wasnt exactly things he was doing wrong as opposed to a great Defense shutting him out but to say he disappeared is just plain stupid. He tried his hardest to keep his team in it and it simply wasnt enough

Having a bad series I agree with although it wasnt exactly things he was doing wrong as opposed to a great Defense shutting him out but to say he disappeared is just plain stupid. He tried his hardest to keep his team in it and it simply wasnt enough

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

How often has there ever been a clear cut best player in the NBA though?

If we go season by season, over the past 20 years, I can think of five occasions:

Jordan in 90 and 91
Hakeem in 94
Shaq in 2000 and maybe 2001

These are really the only air-tight instances where a player has been recognized as the best individual player, had the best stats in the league and led his team to a championship.
So you saying Jordan, Drea, and Shaq only had 1 year of their careers being clear-cut best?

Yes, if you're going by shutting down every argument against them being the best.. Which is what I thought "clear cut best" meant.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

How often has there ever been a clear cut best player in the NBA though?

If we go season by season, over the past 20 years, I can think of five occasions:

Jordan in 90 and 91
Hakeem in 94
Shaq in 2000 and maybe 2001

These are really the only air-tight instances where a player has been recognized as the best individual player, had the best stats in the league and led his team to a championship.
So you saying Jordan, Drea, and Shaq only had 1 year of their careers being clear-cut best?

Yes, if you're going by shutting down every argument against them being the best.. Which is what I thought "clear cut best" meant.

i dont see it as lebron tried his hardest...if kobe knows he shooting too much and they losing...he will make adjustments

if nobody else is doing anything kobe will shoot his way out...all or nothing

Bron didnt do anything but facilitate...it was clear Wade was the one bout that life tryin to do erything he could...he just couldnt maintain it

i dont see it as lebron tried his hardest...if kobe knows he shooting too much and they losing...he will make adjustments

if nobody else is doing anything kobe will shoot his way out...all or nothing

Bron didnt do anything but facilitate...it was clear Wade was the one bout that life tryin to do erything he could...he just couldnt maintain it

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

no order(maybe)

Kobe
CP3
Dirk
Wade
Bron

Durant
D12
Rose
Melo
DWill

Probably the most accurate list in this thread.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

no order(maybe)

Kobe
CP3
Dirk
Wade
Bron

Durant
D12
Rose
Melo
DWill

Probably the most accurate list in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom