Is it a reach to say there is no clear cut best player in the NBA right now?

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by devv

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

Melo can do every thing Kobe can do on the offensive end and is just as clutch,

roll.gif

Does melo have a reliable fadeaway? His go to move is his face up game. Kobe has a face up game and more. Melo's handles are mad suspect as well.

Melo fadeaway is straight it just doesnt use it as much. Just because the fadeaway aint his go to move doesnt me he cant do it.  Melo handles are def not suspect either. Dudes just think they suspect cause Melo doesnt run point foward like Bron. Also Melo's footwork, spin moves and Mid-range game, is just as good as kobe and Melo has Kobe range. Keep in mind that I'm just talking offense here not defenst and intagibles lol

roll.gif

Does melo have a reliable fadeaway? His go to move is his face up game. Kobe has a face up game and more. Melo's handles are mad suspect as well.

Melo fadeaway is straight it just doesnt use it as much. Just because the fadeaway aint his go to move doesnt me he cant do it.  Melo handles are def not suspect either. Dudes just think they suspect cause Melo doesnt run point foward like Bron. Also Melo's footwork, spin moves and Mid-range game, is just as good as kobe and Melo has Kobe range. Keep in mind that I'm just talking offense here not defenst and intagibles lol

I know their offensive games are close RIGHT NOW but not yet. I think Melo is even more erratic with his jumper than Kobe but Melo is bigger and finishes better around the rim these days. I don't think his foot work is as good bryant's either. His spin move game is filthy though
sick.gif

roll.gif

I know their offensive games are close RIGHT NOW but not yet. I think Melo is even more erratic with his jumper than Kobe but Melo is bigger and finishes better around the rim these days. I don't think his foot work is as good bryant's either. His spin move game is filthy though
sick.gif

I swear NT fallen off ... You just watched a top 20 all time player win a championship and dudes don't even have him in their current top 5 ... Smh ... Bammas still putting lebron over Dirk lololololololololol ...

I swear NT fallen off ... You just watched a top 20 all time player win a championship and dudes don't even have him in their current top 5 ... Smh ... Bammas still putting lebron over Dirk lololololololololol ...

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

So let me get this straight.

Dirk outplays Kobe, wade, lebron, and durant head to head in a span of 2 months
Leads multiple 4th qtr rallies
Hits multiple game winners

And he can't crack some of your top 5's?

Baffling
and won the championship and mvp but who cares
haters gon hate

"Prisoner of the moment". Dirk is an AMAZING PLAYER! But no WAY and i mean WAY! hes top 5, unless you mean in the current league then i agree he deserves to be number 5 and if thats what ur talking about ignore my beginning.

Baffling
haters gon hate

"Prisoner of the moment". Dirk is an AMAZING PLAYER! But no WAY and i mean WAY! hes top 5, unless you mean in the current league then i agree he deserves to be number 5 and if thats what ur talking about ignore my beginning.

Dirk isnt in the top 5.
Lets not sit here and act like he just had a great finals series.
The team won.
Look the standard formula for a team that "surrounds" Dirk has not changed since 2005 at best
Pg who can defend and doesnt get in the way (Devin Harris Jason Kidd)
SG off the bench who is creative and can score. ( JET, Barra)
SF who is athletic and can score ( Marion, Howard)
Dirk
Center who does the dirty work Dirk cannot do.
Tyson, Dampier etc.
These guys are just older and in some cases more talented than their counterparts from 5 years ago.
And thats not to discredit Dirk, but your lying if you state that certain guys regardless of averages arent better than their counterparts from 5 years ago.
Marion is still better than Josh Howard was
Kidd is a better player and fit than Harris
Jet now is better ( although less athletic) than he was
Dirk is better.
Dirk isnt in my top 5 but I still dont mean to disparage him in this instance. I just think that the people around him are more talented and more collectively commited to winning when it counts.
I think he has a better coach who had to learn how to make this group fit together.

I still think and know im correct in stating that the top 5 depends on what you want.

People say Rondo, Paul etc are better than Rose make me laugh.
Go ask either one of those guys to do what Rose does every game. They simply cannot do it.
Chris Paul knows he cannot average 25 a game on decent percentages and dish out almost 8 assists
Rondo cannot shoot.
They however might be better options for teams that want pass first pg's. Then again as a pro Derrick has not been in that situation, and it at this point in his career would be a waste of his talent as a basketball player.
If you want a better shooter your taking Kobe still. But if you want the athletic marvel that is D Wade, or someone near that stratosphere then you take him.
Because of solely his attitude toward's the shots he takes I'm taking Wade. And Kobe is more skilled, and is still athletic enough to dominate.
at SF. If you need a scorer/ shooter type your taking Melo and Durrant ahead of Bron. But if you have a less complete team your taking the guy who can do more and thats Bron
If you need a guy who can create his own shot, your taking Dirk. But if you dont need to have a guy who can create his own shot off the dribble. Amare, and Bosh might still be better options.
At this point they are better rebounders, and still have the mid range skills of Dirk.
At center its clearly Howard, but with his current skill set ( and I would like to acknowledge his improvement in the post) he isnt leading your team to a title.
As far as a top 10
1.Wade
2.Bean
3.Bron
4.Rose
5.D12
6.CP3
7.Dirk
8.Durant
9.Westbrook
10 Amare
The difference between 3 and 10 isnt that much imo, but it still exists.
Rose ahead of CP3 because of responsibility to team, and actual success.
Wade ahead of Bryant because of the reasons I stated above
Dirk ahead of Amare because his shot making ability cannot be matched.
Bean is still the 2nd best player at least going in to next season because it really wasnt his fault Dallas didnt have to worry about anyone else in crunch time. The reputation of those guy + them establishing themselves earlier in the game pretty much warts off all the help Kidd was getting in certain situations.
For me the only guy im open to debating on and their position on the list is Howard.
But at this point I dont think he's a good low post defender. Van gundy is always protecting him/ having him protect the rim ( which is a great coaching move) but not great for this debate.
I am going to give you an example. Shaq... during the title seasons people always complained about Shaq's rebounding and blocked shot numbers. In truth he had become an great post defender, whom not only could guys not over power, but essentually he forced Tim Duncan to move out 4-5 feet for his post catches. And he rarely defended him.
nI would like to think that Howard would or could be put on a Al Horford and not a Zaza or a Jason Collins in certain situations, but as a function of Stan vVngundy we never see it.

Dirk isnt in the top 5.
Lets not sit here and act like he just had a great finals series.
The team won.
Look the standard formula for a team that "surrounds" Dirk has not changed since 2005 at best
Pg who can defend and doesnt get in the way (Devin Harris Jason Kidd)
SG off the bench who is creative and can score. ( JET, Barra)
SF who is athletic and can score ( Marion, Howard)
Dirk
Center who does the dirty work Dirk cannot do.
Tyson, Dampier etc.
These guys are just older and in some cases more talented than their counterparts from 5 years ago.
And thats not to discredit Dirk, but your lying if you state that certain guys regardless of averages arent better than their counterparts from 5 years ago.
Marion is still better than Josh Howard was
Kidd is a better player and fit than Harris
Jet now is better ( although less athletic) than he was
Dirk is better.
Dirk isnt in my top 5 but I still dont mean to disparage him in this instance. I just think that the people around him are more talented and more collectively commited to winning when it counts.
I think he has a better coach who had to learn how to make this group fit together.

I still think and know im correct in stating that the top 5 depends on what you want.

People say Rondo, Paul etc are better than Rose make me laugh.
Go ask either one of those guys to do what Rose does every game. They simply cannot do it.
Chris Paul knows he cannot average 25 a game on decent percentages and dish out almost 8 assists
Rondo cannot shoot.
They however might be better options for teams that want pass first pg's. Then again as a pro Derrick has not been in that situation, and it at this point in his career would be a waste of his talent as a basketball player.
If you want a better shooter your taking Kobe still. But if you want the athletic marvel that is D Wade, or someone near that stratosphere then you take him.
Because of solely his attitude toward's the shots he takes I'm taking Wade. And Kobe is more skilled, and is still athletic enough to dominate.
at SF. If you need a scorer/ shooter type your taking Melo and Durrant ahead of Bron. But if you have a less complete team your taking the guy who can do more and thats Bron
If you need a guy who can create his own shot, your taking Dirk. But if you dont need to have a guy who can create his own shot off the dribble. Amare, and Bosh might still be better options.
At this point they are better rebounders, and still have the mid range skills of Dirk.
At center its clearly Howard, but with his current skill set ( and I would like to acknowledge his improvement in the post) he isnt leading your team to a title.
As far as a top 10
1.Wade
2.Bean
3.Bron
4.Rose
5.D12
6.CP3
7.Dirk
8.Durant
9.Westbrook
10 Amare
The difference between 3 and 10 isnt that much imo, but it still exists.
Rose ahead of CP3 because of responsibility to team, and actual success.
Wade ahead of Bryant because of the reasons I stated above
Dirk ahead of Amare because his shot making ability cannot be matched.
Bean is still the 2nd best player at least going in to next season because it really wasnt his fault Dallas didnt have to worry about anyone else in crunch time. The reputation of those guy + them establishing themselves earlier in the game pretty much warts off all the help Kidd was getting in certain situations.
For me the only guy im open to debating on and their position on the list is Howard.
But at this point I dont think he's a good low post defender. Van gundy is always protecting him/ having him protect the rim ( which is a great coaching move) but not great for this debate.
I am going to give you an example. Shaq... during the title seasons people always complained about Shaq's rebounding and blocked shot numbers. In truth he had become an great post defender, whom not only could guys not over power, but essentually he forced Tim Duncan to move out 4-5 feet for his post catches. And he rarely defended him.
nI would like to think that Howard would or could be put on a Al Horford and not a Zaza or a Jason Collins in certain situations, but as a function of Stan vVngundy we never see it.

Baffling
haters gon hate
Well, Dirk isn't a popular player over here.  You should expect his.  There are always threads for the top players except for him.  Even before the season started, people sort of forgot about him.

Baffling
haters gon hate
Well, Dirk isn't a popular player over here.  You should expect his.  There are always threads for the top players except for him.  Even before the season started, people sort of forgot about him.

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

This guy has the most complete, non- fallible offensive game in the NBA/world...
Dirk-Nowitzki-2011-NBA-Finals-Miami-vs-Mavs-Game-4_photo_medium.jpg
Fixed
come on son
dirk is top 15 all time but his offensive game is not complete...it is just that his jumper is one of the best all time

he needs to improve his post game...he barely has any
sometimes he has trouble driving to the hoop like today

Co-signing @KnightnGale rebuttal...

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

This guy has the most complete, non- fallible offensive game in the NBA/world...
Dirk-Nowitzki-2011-NBA-Finals-Miami-vs-Mavs-Game-4_photo_medium.jpg
Fixed
come on son
dirk is top 15 all time but his offensive game is not complete...it is just that his jumper is one of the best all time

he needs to improve his post game...he barely has any
sometimes he has trouble driving to the hoop like today

Co-signing @KnightnGale rebuttal...

whats the difference between the people sayin dirk is the best player and the people believing the Miami Heat is best team back in July.
indifferent.gif
  Dirk won his first, congrats to him but he needed to accomplish more in his 13 year career, in comparsion, Kobe has been there, done that and more

whats the difference between the people sayin dirk is the best player and the people believing the Miami Heat is best team back in July.
indifferent.gif
  Dirk won his first, congrats to him but he needed to accomplish more in his 13 year career, in comparsion, Kobe has been there, done that and more

Back
Top Bottom