Is It Bad Ettiquette For Rich Folks To Put Up Blinds/Curtains In Their Windows?

I look into the homes and it’s pretty clean looking inside .. I’m a delivery driver .. not a creep

I swear whenever I go into a "nice" neighborhood, folks don't have curtains or blinds up. Is this some unspoken rule that I am unaware of?

Yes.

Uncovered windows have quietly become a fixture of high-end homes across America. The New York Times recently referred to the “obligatory uncurtained windows” of Brooklyn Heights, a rich enclave in New York City, and The Root pointed out that this seemed common among wealthy young white people living in gentrified urban areas. On TikTok, onlookers have been baffled by the trend—and, sometimes, tempted to pry. Although this phenomenon is most visible in cities, the link between wealth and exposed windows extends across the United States. Most people do still close their shades, but Americans who earn more than $150,000 are almost twice as likely to leave windows uncovered as those making $20,000 to $29,000, according to a large 2013 study for the U.S. Department of Energy.

Well their dumba***es doing that in cities where folks are liable to rob them without second thought doesn't make sense. Keep it up ( # ) and see where it gets you.

Might be regional

People cover their windows out here

Screenshot_20240322-161044_Maps~3.jpg

Screenshot_20240322-161114_Maps~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240322-161510_Maps~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240322-161805_Maps~2.jpg

Windows with no shutters or curtains in an urban area are more of wealthy, white, new money thing.

It came from the fact that old money whites often times skimp on curtains and shutters for their rural estates where there is a lot of privacy due to the fact that you're not near other households.. When old money whites are living in a city, they are supposed to (or should) be using the curtains and shutters.

Like, have some decency folks, no one wants to see your pasty *** in their window. lol

never seen this unless folks live secluded
i live in an extremely hot climate and no blinds means that electricity bill is gonna be ridiculous

never seen this unless folks live secluded
i live in an extremely hot climate and no blinds means that electricity bill is gonna be ridiculous

You are in Houston right? I saw it while I was in Rice Village years ago.

was it a modern/contemporary styled house ?
they must have some good ***
windows

what were you doing in rice village?

Just walking around getting steps in. Ate over there and was just checking the area out.

Was in the neighborhood where thr old money lives near all the store front shops.

Back
Top Bottom