Is it bad I don't care to listen to 97% of the hip hop out there today?

Nah SoundCloud has deals with all 3 majors now

They launched SoundCloud Go, the $10 streaming service today, they were waiting on Sony

Still 10 a month tho lol. Ppl got used to free & liked discovering artists on there. All them lil artists are gon be pushed out for more popular ppl & then to charge for it basically means it loses all the ppl who supported it in the first place. Also with all the other music streaming sites idk what would make the major label Soundcloud one any different or better than the rest. Its like they bought it just to put an end to it :smh:
Wasnt eem a soundcloud kinda guy but damn these labels can be heartless

I'll be honest I even given Rae Scfmfjfjd a chance. My nephew was singing their songs and I was like "this **** ain't for me". :lol:

Last edited:
Nah SoundCloud has deals with all 3 majors now

They launched SoundCloud Go, the $10 streaming service today, they were waiting on Sony

Still 10 a month tho lol. Ppl got used to free & liked discovering artists on there. All them lil artists are gon be pushed out for more popular ppl & then to charge for it basically means it loses all the ppl who supported it in the first place. Also with all the other music streaming sites idk what would make the major label Soundcloud one any different or better than the rest. Its like they bought it just to put an end to it :smh:
Wasnt eem a soundcloud kinda guy but damn these labels can be heartless

Nah it's still free.

All the same music from the indie's is still on their for free. The $10 subscription is an option for the people who want music from Adele, etc like they would find on a streaming service like Spotify in addition to the music from "smaller" artists that post their songs on SC

Last edited:
Nah it's still free.

All the same music from the indie's is still on their for free. The $10 subscription is an option for the people who want music from major artists like they would find on a streaming service like Spotify in addition to the music from "smaller" artists that post their songs on SC

Hmmm thats odd. Ppl originally thought they was kicking all them dudes out lol. So i figured the same. Wonder why it came out to the web like that then. Guess we'll see

So Soundcloud's Paid Tier Library is as deep as Apple Music and Spotify's?

Because that actually is a better deal than Apple and Spotify, you're getting the standard major label/classic libraries plus music from new upcoming artists and beat makers/DJ's who aren't on iTunes and Apple Music or w/e yet.

Poor marketing on their part, the general perception is that they are going to start charging 10 bucks just to use the service in general.

They get whoever makes Apple's playlists to switch over and they might have me...

Last edited:
So Soundcloud's Paid Tier Library is as deep as Apple Music and Spotify's?

Because that actually is a better deal than Apple and Spotify, you're getting the standard major label/classic libraries plus music from new upcoming artists and beat makers/DJ's who aren't on iTunes and Apple Music or w/e yet.

Poor marketing on their part, the general perception is that they are going to start charging 10 bucks just to use the service in general.

They get whoever makes Apple's playlists to switch over and they might have me...

That's the only thing :lol:

Their paid tier library is only like 15 million songs deep as of right now. Apple Music and Spotify both have 30+ million songs in their libraries. If they can get their collection up it'll definitely be a better deal.

Edit: But yeah their PR/marketing is trash I've had to explain this to like 5 of my homies today :lol:

Last edited:
That's the only thing :lol:

Their paid tier library is only like 15 million songs deep as of right now. Apple Music and Spotify both have 30+ million songs in their libraries.

Welp back to apple music I go

Soundcloud doing free trials?

Krit got that just a regular dude around your way that's musically talented vibe to him ...he doesn't make ppl feel a type of way good or bad, you need to have Some type of buzz about u

It sucks but he he needs to make some type of headline or do something totally outta left field to get ppl to start noticing him :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Krit got that just a regular dude around your way that's musically talented vibe to him ...he doesn't make ppl feel a type of way good or bad, you need to have Some type of buzz about u

It sucks but he he needs to make some type of headline or do something totally outta left field to get ppl to start noticing him :lol: :smh:

Funny thing is he addressed this on his last tape

I didn't beef with none your favorite rappers
Or drop a sex tape after
Claiming it leaked off of my cellphone
When really I’m tryin' to sell more
And I wouldn’t just say anything
On the radio just to get fame
Or trap it out, gangster rap it out
Knowin' I ain’t never sold a thang
Bust a dime on the coffee table
Really shorty I went to school
I wasn’t friends with the son
Of the executive that ran the label
I had to pay dues

nthat.gif
 @ Clear Soul Forces getting a mention in here.

I had that live from the underground joint on my phone. Listened at work sometimes.

Thats actually one of his worse projects lol. Wasnt his fault tho. Listen to Krit Wuz Here, ReturnOf4eva & his most recent project, Its Better This Way. Theyre my 3 favs by him. Dude is super consistent with it & does ALL his production

^Nah LFTU goes, that All My Life album was his worse, cause it was a straight up cash-in by his former label :lol:

If y'all want that classic late 90's early 2000's hip hop vibe, y'all need to peep that new NORE joint "moments." Peep the video too! It's :smokin

^Nah LFTU goes, that All My Life album was his worse, cause it was a straight up cash-in by his former label :lol:

I have LFTU on CD so it was a cool album but it aint near his best and i wasnt eem counting that jawn cuz of that lmao. Didnt eem bother to listen to it either

If y'all want that classic late 90's early 2000's hip hop vibe, y'all need to peep that new NORE joint "moments." Peep the video too! It's :smokin

I wept when he said "side trackted"

Really is a good song tho

Last edited:
Young Thug is a great musician. He is not just another manufactured rap star, he is a complete artist. He is not someone that is being controlled by a record label. Thugger is singlehandedly one of the most innovative and unique rap artists of this decade. He is a melodic genius, his beats are experimental, he is constantly evolving and changing his style. His voice is an instrument. He wants you to look beyond just the lyrics. They are there just to complement the music, they are an application of the voice as an instrument rather than a medium for storytelling. His voice and his sounds are something that no one else is doing. Young Thug obviously isn’t a Kendrick/Drake type of rapper with outstanding lyrical ability, but still manages to release music on par with theirs. His mixtape, Barter 6, is an introspective and emotions of Jeffrey Lamar Williams. The mixtape has become a bridge for white your to enjoy the art of the black inner city and empathize with the likes of Thugger and that is so wonderful about art. In several interviews, he is a surprisingly soft-spoken young man. There was no Young Thug before Young Thug. He is not emulating anyone, he isn’t trying to be anyone. Everyone either loved it or hated it because nothing sounded like it. He has accomplished so much at such a young age. He has even attracted the attention of Kanye West and he’s taken an interest in Thugger featuring him on his new album. Imagine what his music will sound like in 5 years?

Back
Top Bottom