Is it just me or did the market prices on retros skyrocket???

Originally Posted by VAHustler

yeah...few factors

1. lot of people are reselling kicks over and over wanting more for
2. ebay fees
3. rise in retail price
4. some people not getting discounts like they once were
5. greed
6. limited
7. hype
8. sneaker community growing

feel free to add to list
list is on point

The whole concept of making shoes "limited" makes hype...hype kills 
mad.gif

its true the resell market is stronger then ever with some shoes

but not all

Good point, 160, some shoes are not doing to welll (GR VI and IX from last year for example).  Im am surprised that the white/red VI isnt going for more than it is, oreos to an extent as well.  Lakers and Pistions VI are terrible, so there is no surprise.  All the IX's can be found for around retail, give or take a few dollars. I was shocked the grey V sold out so fast and fetches more than retail, same with the 2010 flint XIII going for over 200
eek.gif

This aspect has me guessing on the upcoming grey III release.  I plan on purchasing, but can't figure out if they will go onsale or at least sit long enough so that I can use a 20% off code on eastbay.  I was able to get the Charcoal and Citrus IX with a 25% off last year.  As for the grey III, I still dont think it will move very fast unless it is limited, as unlike the grey V there is too much going on with it.  Time will tell.

VAhustler, thats a good list, I expeciall agree with the ebay fees part.  Case in point, I sold a DS pair of AJ XX Stealth to a buyer in Canada for $240.  Shipping wasnt bad, it was around $20 I think, right around what it would have been for me to send to Califorinia (Im in CT).  Ebay took around $25, and paypal took a good $10.  I ended up grossing around $185, barley making what I paid for them back when I had sold them for $65 over retail.

You can find good deals in the buy/sell forums here, but I feel as though the lowballing is redicilious and that deters people from listing and looking in the forums.

its true the resell market is stronger then ever with some shoes

but not all

Good point, 160, some shoes are not doing to welll (GR VI and IX from last year for example).  Im am surprised that the white/red VI isnt going for more than it is, oreos to an extent as well.  Lakers and Pistions VI are terrible, so there is no surprise.  All the IX's can be found for around retail, give or take a few dollars. I was shocked the grey V sold out so fast and fetches more than retail, same with the 2010 flint XIII going for over 200
eek.gif

This aspect has me guessing on the upcoming grey III release.  I plan on purchasing, but can't figure out if they will go onsale or at least sit long enough so that I can use a 20% off code on eastbay.  I was able to get the Charcoal and Citrus IX with a 25% off last year.  As for the grey III, I still dont think it will move very fast unless it is limited, as unlike the grey V there is too much going on with it.  Time will tell.

VAhustler, thats a good list, I expeciall agree with the ebay fees part.  Case in point, I sold a DS pair of AJ XX Stealth to a buyer in Canada for $240.  Shipping wasnt bad, it was around $20 I think, right around what it would have been for me to send to Califorinia (Im in CT).  Ebay took around $25, and paypal took a good $10.  I ended up grossing around $185, barley making what I paid for them back when I had sold them for $65 over retail.

You can find good deals in the buy/sell forums here, but I feel as though the lowballing is redicilious and that deters people from listing and looking in the forums.

The problem is the average beast is willing to pay well over retail

for anything marked limited or HOT....wolf greys/bordeaux were

GR's and fetched well over retail. Most of these beasts

have no idea about the significance of bordeaux's other than the

fact that they haven't been released in 19 years and the wolf grey

V's sold cause they had clear soles ad the hype that surrounded the

Cool grey XI's. I've yet to see even 1 person rockin these yet; CL is

flooded with resellers over $200 for a non OG GR??!!

The problem is the average beast is willing to pay well over retail

for anything marked limited or HOT....wolf greys/bordeaux were

GR's and fetched well over retail. Most of these beasts

have no idea about the significance of bordeaux's other than the

fact that they haven't been released in 19 years and the wolf grey

V's sold cause they had clear soles ad the hype that surrounded the

Cool grey XI's. I've yet to see even 1 person rockin these yet; CL is

flooded with resellers over $200 for a non OG GR??!!

Originally Posted by ACGrizzy

yeah...few factors

2. ebay fees
3. rise in retail price
5. greed
6. limited
7. hype

feel free to add to list

I'd like to add the plummeting value of the dollar
Dollar is weak all over the world now. SMH*
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ACGrizzy

yeah...few factors

2. ebay fees
3. rise in retail price
5. greed
6. limited
7. hype

feel free to add to list

I'd like to add the plummeting value of the dollar
Dollar is weak all over the world now. SMH*
ohwell.gif

SUPPLY and DEMAND... Yougins payin for Retros like they OG's. The sneaker culture is heavy. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

SUPPLY and DEMAND... Yougins payin for Retros like they OG's. The sneaker culture is heavy. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah ive noticed that as well..people are asking $500 plus for Doernbecher 3's,$300 plus for 2007 metallics,even certain countdown packs FTP
2008 are going for over $600..it's getting ridiculous.the worst part about it is I deploy to afghan in December and I have no choice but to pay resale prices on some of the more limited releases for a year straight..hopefully 2012 is gonna be a weak year,& I can pass on most of them without any regret when I get back

Yeah ive noticed that as well..people are asking $500 plus for Doernbecher 3's,$300 plus for 2007 metallics,even certain countdown packs FTP
2008 are going for over $600..it's getting ridiculous.the worst part about it is I deploy to afghan in December and I have no choice but to pay resale prices on some of the more limited releases for a year straight..hopefully 2012 is gonna be a weak year,& I can pass on most of them without any regret when I get back

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

makes no sense considering JB is remaking them sooner and sooner.

but I think "sneakerhead"ism is larger than ever, even down south and Australia.

Resellers/on-sellers struggle to get the same prices in Australia, maybe because of the high starting point ($260-300) for a retro/sig model.I've been watching both eBay auctions and private listings on sneaker sites and sellers are just not getting their asking prices , often below retail.==Only way to stop these ridiculous reseller prices is to not pay it ! Jokers scooping up 3/4/5 pairs in hope of cashing in will change their perspective if no one is paying the high prices they are asking.If you miss out on a release, it's not the end of the world
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

makes no sense considering JB is remaking them sooner and sooner.

but I think "sneakerhead"ism is larger than ever, even down south and Australia.

Resellers/on-sellers struggle to get the same prices in Australia, maybe because of the high starting point ($260-300) for a retro/sig model.I've been watching both eBay auctions and private listings on sneaker sites and sellers are just not getting their asking prices , often below retail.==Only way to stop these ridiculous reseller prices is to not pay it ! Jokers scooping up 3/4/5 pairs in hope of cashing in will change their perspective if no one is paying the high prices they are asking.If you miss out on a release, it's not the end of the world
wink.gif

Perfect.example people are tryn to sell those things like gold I guess people don't like ogs ill take a og over a retro anyday quality over quanity imo......the grs would sit like they used 2 but people see the name Jordan and are like ill buy, it will sell so people who wanted to cop barely have the chance anymore

Perfect.example people are tryn to sell those things like gold I guess people don't like ogs ill take a og over a retro anyday quality over quanity imo......the grs would sit like they used 2 but people see the name Jordan and are like ill buy, it will sell so people who wanted to cop barely have the chance anymore

The bordeaux's are gonna be like the aquas 3, 4 years from now. I wish I would have doubled up.

The bordeaux's are gonna be like the aquas 3, 4 years from now. I wish I would have doubled up.

Ya all the new shoeheads dont know none especailly when it comes to getting kicks for a good price. Everyone thinks you can just buy any Jordan and double up. People go way off the deep end when a limited shoe drops, but as we can all see the Banned 1s and YOTR 7 both dropped drastically in price as soon as everyone had em. People in other countries with pre order sites also add to the hype by throwing ridiculous prices on shoes just cause their hot and the worst part is people pay that price to get em early. Best way to grab a pair is to be in line or wait till the hype dies and people dont want to pay for a shoe that someone is asking triple the retail for.

Ya all the new shoeheads dont know none especailly when it comes to getting kicks for a good price. Everyone thinks you can just buy any Jordan and double up. People go way off the deep end when a limited shoe drops, but as we can all see the Banned 1s and YOTR 7 both dropped drastically in price as soon as everyone had em. People in other countries with pre order sites also add to the hype by throwing ridiculous prices on shoes just cause their hot and the worst part is people pay that price to get em early. Best way to grab a pair is to be in line or wait till the hype dies and people dont want to pay for a shoe that someone is asking triple the retail for.

Back
Top Bottom