Is it just me or did the market prices on retros skyrocket???

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by dwEEb813

i saw somebody trying to charge about 250-300 for some aquas.

I thought it was just one crazy seller than i saw some more.

250-300 has been average for these for a minute now. I dont see why everyone is so suprised that this shoe is selling for so much when its almost five years old and EXTREMELY popular amongst  hardcore sneakerheads and average Joes alike.

And...

...Yes... I am that guy who listed his aquas here on NT for 300.

tongue.gif

smh

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by dwEEb813

i saw somebody trying to charge about 250-300 for some aquas.

I thought it was just one crazy seller than i saw some more.

250-300 has been average for these for a minute now. I dont see why everyone is so suprised that this shoe is selling for so much when its almost five years old and EXTREMELY popular amongst  hardcore sneakerheads and average Joes alike.

And...

...Yes... I am that guy who listed his aquas here on NT for 300.

tongue.gif

smh

damn if i could go back i would of bought 5 pairs of aquas and saved 3 just to wear

damn if i could go back i would of bought 5 pairs of aquas and saved 3 just to wear

Aqua prices are OD.

Sucks for people such as myself who genuinely enjoy the shoe. I could pay $300-$400, but refuse. I'll wait for the next retro, my 07s are doing alright.

Edit: I paid $170 for mine in 2010 from eBay. 3 years after the fact.

Aqua prices are OD.

Sucks for people such as myself who genuinely enjoy the shoe. I could pay $300-$400, but refuse. I'll wait for the next retro, my 07s are doing alright.

Edit: I paid $170 for mine in 2010 from eBay. 3 years after the fact.

Never knew Aqua's were going for that much, now I regret not having a backup pair. That's one shoe I buried away because I know for a fact once I start wearing them it's over.

But to answer the original question, yeah the current market prices for some shoes is ridiculous right now. I'm still baffled South Beaches are going for that much, a shoe that was re-stocked twice on NDC and other avenues.

Never knew Aqua's were going for that much, now I regret not having a backup pair. That's one shoe I buried away because I know for a fact once I start wearing them it's over.

But to answer the original question, yeah the current market prices for some shoes is ridiculous right now. I'm still baffled South Beaches are going for that much, a shoe that was re-stocked twice on NDC and other avenues.

Originally Posted by CaptainManny

People complain about high resell prices, but as soon as they want to sell a pair, they charging more. You want it to stop? Sell your shoes for less, it will make everyone else drop prices to compete...the good ole Wal-Mart way. It's funny though, people complaining in this thread, and in their signatures they doing the same thing!
QFMFT!!!!
pimp.gif

IF YOU WORRY ABOUT SELLING YOUR SHOES FOR LESS, THEN THE NEXT MAN ALMOST ALWAYS HAS TO DO THE SAME. THE SAME PEOPLE IN HERE COMPLAINING ARE SELLING SHOES IN THE BUY/SELL AND IN THEIR SIGS FOR RAPE PRICES. C'MON SON, I SEE YOU....
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CaptainManny

People complain about high resell prices, but as soon as they want to sell a pair, they charging more. You want it to stop? Sell your shoes for less, it will make everyone else drop prices to compete...the good ole Wal-Mart way. It's funny though, people complaining in this thread, and in their signatures they doing the same thing!
QFMFT!!!!
pimp.gif

IF YOU WORRY ABOUT SELLING YOUR SHOES FOR LESS, THEN THE NEXT MAN ALMOST ALWAYS HAS TO DO THE SAME. THE SAME PEOPLE IN HERE COMPLAINING ARE SELLING SHOES IN THE BUY/SELL AND IN THEIR SIGS FOR RAPE PRICES. C'MON SON, I SEE YOU....
nerd.gif

Aquas were going cheap until Kanye started wearing them all the time. All of us know about the quality with the cracking, and they were just above retail months after they released. I don't even remember them selling out the first weekend here. Then all of a sudden Kanye had them on in every pic and they became popular.

Like people have said. The market dictates price. People are willing to pay high amounts, so that's why they keep going up.

Aquas were going cheap until Kanye started wearing them all the time. All of us know about the quality with the cracking, and they were just above retail months after they released. I don't even remember them selling out the first weekend here. Then all of a sudden Kanye had them on in every pic and they became popular.

Like people have said. The market dictates price. People are willing to pay high amounts, so that's why they keep going up.

I wonder if everyone on NT started listing cool greys or white cements (for example) for $300, if the trend would catch... anyone wanna try for the hell of it?

I wonder if everyone on NT started listing cool greys or white cements (for example) for $300, if the trend would catch... anyone wanna try for the hell of it?

There's a few factors. I've noticed the OG colorway CDP retros (3, 4, 6, 7, 11) have SKYROCKETED. They were slightly limited but not really, pretty much a GR. But the problem is a lot of people passed on them OR beat them to the ground in the past 3 years so now there are less DS pairs on the market. All the forementioned fetch over $300 easily these days.

There's a few factors. I've noticed the OG colorway CDP retros (3, 4, 6, 7, 11) have SKYROCKETED. They were slightly limited but not really, pretty much a GR. But the problem is a lot of people passed on them OR beat them to the ground in the past 3 years so now there are less DS pairs on the market. All the forementioned fetch over $300 easily these days.

Back
Top Bottom