Is it possible to live on 44k a year in LA? (The LA THREAD!...City Living, Girls and Social Scene).

So 70K in LA is equivalent to 44K in the south? Don't make sense to me
laugh.gif
Now I'm getting confused.

Okay, how does "making 70k in LA will get you a similar lifestyle/quality of life as 44k in the south" not make sense to you? You just said a few posts up that you lived like a king on $850 a month in the south and implied that $850 wouldn't get you as much in LA/NYC. Then it should follow that "making 70K in LA/NYC is equivalent lifestyle-wise as making 44K in the south," not the other way around.

Last edited:
:lol: Now I'm getting confused.

Okay, how does "making 70k in LA will get you a similar lifestyle/quality of life as 44k in the south" not make sense to you? You just said a few posts up that you lived like a king on $850 a month in the south and implied that $850 wouldn't get you as much in LA/NYC. Then it should follow that "making 70K in LA/NYC is equivalent lifestyle-wise as making 44K in the south," not the other way around.
I don't think he meant literally 70K. I took the statement as you can take the 44K you made in LA and live like you made 70K (in Cali) in South Carolina. Ideally y'all saying the same thing just worded differently.

"Hit the city to see one of my school mates /

Making 6 figures but she still got a roommate.

Just to have a downtown apartment and some outfits /

And you asking why I never leave the south? Shiiiii...."

Phontigallo...

Three kings... :pimp:

:lol: Now I'm getting confused.

I don't think he meant literally 70K. I took the statement as you can take the 44K you made in LA and live like you made 70K (in Cali) in South Carolina. Ideally y'all saying the same thing just worded differently.

This :lol: I actually thought I was pretty clear, my bad if I wasn't. Point is, you can get much more for your money down here than up there. It may not matter to actors and athletes and other people bringing in similar money, but it's pretty far to say it matters (or should) to everybody else.

Take Dwight Howard's contract here (88 mil) vs the max contract LAL could have given him (which I think was upwards of 110+ million). People acted like was leaving 30 mil on the table when he actually wasn't. It's pretty much equal money.

Last edited:
This
laugh.gif
I actually thought I was pretty clear, my bad if I wasn't. Point is, you can get much more for your money down here than up there. It may not matter to actors and athletes and other people bringing in similar money, but it's pretty far to say it matters (or should) to everybody else.

Take Dwight Howard's contract here (88 mil) vs the max contract LAL could have given him (which I think was upwards of 110+ million). People acted like was leaving 30 mil on the table when he actually wasn't. It's pretty much equal money.
laugh.gif
Yeah, I thought your "44k" and "70k" figures were referring to salaries--not purchasing power, which is what you were getting at--which incidentally conveys the opposite of what you meant.

Those of y'all saying no have never really been broke before. 44k is live able for a single dude anywhere and yambs will be had. Only if you're a complete invalid still sucking on mommies teets will it not work.

See now I feel like you're trying to confuse me on purpose :lol: those contracts/salaries are equivalent, yet you can flat out get more here than up there with that (if that makes sense). A huge home here with with all the amenities and such is a fraction of what it costs up there. It's almost like money is blindly being stolen up there and people are fine with it. I do think we're on the same page though.

To me... When you're a single man...

Throwed whip + dope apartment >>>> regular whip + house...

Especially in the 20s...

Yeah I saw an old boy today in an sls doing 30 in a 50. **** that ****, certain things just aren't as enjoyable when you're older with money. If it doesn't put you out the way, ****, enjoy your life.

Dudes trying get a nice spot and nice whip to impress chicks who drive accords and live with their parents just because they're attractive :smh:

Never do material stuff to get chicks, waste of time. Do it because that's what you like. You explaining why you love the roar of that 500hp engine with passion is more intriguing to her than the car itself. Most anyways, thots still gone thot.

See now I feel like you're trying to confuse me on purpose
laugh.gif
those contracts/salaries are equivalent, yet you can flat out get more here than up there with that (if that makes sense). A huge home here with with all the amenities and such is a fraction of what it costs up there. It's almost like money is blindly being stolen up there and people are fine with it. I do think we're on the same page though.
My parents got a New 5 Bedbroom 2 story House in Dallas for under 200k, That same house in Florida would run about 450k-600k, then in LA 1.5-5mil depending on the area of Town.

so it makes perfect sense.  

Dudes trying get a nice spot and nice whip to impress chicks who drive accords and live with their parents just because they're attractive
mean.gif
This. Them IG "models" live in some of the dirtiest parts of town, i.e. KTown, Pico-Union, the Gardens and other projects. Dirty *** studio apartments but they get likes.

Yeah I saw an old boy today in an sls doing 30 in a 50. **** that ****, certain things just aren't as enjoyable when you're older with money. If it doesn't put you out the way, ****, enjoy your life.
My thoughts exactly. As financially dumb as it may be (in that it'll be invested in a depreciating asset rather than being put to work in the market), I'm thinking of getting a used V8 Vantage or a post-2010 Carrera next year.

Last edited:
I always forget that Florida is on par with NY/LA when it comes to prices/money, or at least a good number of Florida areas

See now I feel like you're trying to confuse me on purpose
laugh.gif
those contracts/salaries are equivalent, yet you can flat out get more here than up there with that (if that makes sense). A huge home here with with all the amenities and such is a fraction of what it costs up there. It's almost like money is blindly being stolen up there and people are fine with it. I do think we're on the same page though.
We unequivocally are on the same page.
laugh.gif
I sincerely apologize to everyone else for beating a dead horse, but...what I meant by my previous statement ("I thought your "44k" and "70k" figures were referring to salaries") is that I initially interpreted your original post--
Originally Posted by Peep Game    

I thought it was common knowledge that 44k in LA or NY is equivalent to 70k+ in the south
--as "I thought it was common knowledge that having a 44k salary in LA or NY is equivalent [lifestyle-wise] to having a 70k+ salary in the south," which implies that the cost of living in the south is greater than the cost of living in LA/NYC. That's obviously the diametric opposite of what you meant, which is why, in my original reply, I asked whether you intended to convey the reverse.

Phew.
laugh.gif

I always forget that Florida is on par with NY/LA when it comes to prices/money, or at least a good number of Florida areas
To be Honest only Pricey parts of Florida is South Florida. Theres upscale areas all over, but NOTHING on LA/NY in terms of Price, unless your searching Star Island, or Naples FL. This is why so many people retire and move to FL. You can live like a king on a Beach! 

This. Them IG "models" live in some of the dirtiest parts of town, i.e. KTown, Pico-Union, the Gardens and other projects. Dirty *** studio apartments but they get likes.
LMFAO you aint never lied! 

Last edited:
I went on zillow and for $300k in L.A., you get a modest sized home with "TLC" required...same search in ATL, Texas, gets you a huge compound thats already move-in ready.

The only thing keeping in L.A. is the weather. 

I went on zillow and for $300k in L.A., you get a modest sized home with "TLC" required...same search in ATL, Texas, gets you a huge compound thats already move-in ready.

I am starting to think Texas is a place i should consider. I keep hearing how cheap it is. But idk cause i feel like LA has more to offer and better girls. Also that ol race thing out there wouldn't seat right with me.

Anyone here from Texas?
Dudes trying get a nice spot and nice whip to impress chicks who drive accords and live with their parents just because they're attractive
mean.gif
The things we do for feamles.

ATL is dirt cheap to, thats where you go when you want Land, homes sitting on Acres! 

I am starting to think Texas is a place i should consider. I keep hearing how cheap it is. But idk cause i feel like LA has more to offer and better girls. Also that ol race thing out there wouldn't seat right with me.

Anyone here from Texas?

The things we do for feamles.
My Parents moved to DFW about 7 years ago, if you like a slower paced life style, it could be for you. Land of Candy Paint, and Lean. Avoid the border towns and you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom