Is it possible to live on 44k a year in LA? (The LA THREAD!...City Living, Girls and Social Scene).

i love LB thats the area I am targeting. And advice
I been told you to move there. Long Beach has everything you need in walking distance/short bus ride/train. You want hipsters/richer crowd..head to Bixby Knolls.

You'll be straight. Most contributions are pretax so you'll notice a small variance in the paycheck.

I've lived here my whole life bro. I survived off fafsa and a part time job in college. I own 2 properties and only make sub 50s after taxes.

It's all dependent on you at the end of the day.

find roomates
im living in newport beach a house back from the sand paying 800 for a single room.
i live with 4 other people but great price for location, its a lot of fun

^ this man knows

My homegirl got a dope studio ON Ocean blvd for like 700 . Literally a block away from the train and bars. That might be my move if I decide against a house and get a new car instead.

Bruh, not trying to tell you how to spend your hard-earned money, but house > car.

damb. 5 people bruh?

sick.gif
Yea thats not a fun situation.

Y'all paying for location. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you want. I was just looking at this 2 bedroom for 850 here in baltimore. Decent area and not the biggest apt but it will do.

Personally, I love small apartments. Easy to maintain, cheaper rent, and less expensive to furnish :lol:

And if you need to move, you can be packed up and ready to go in a day or less.

Houses aren't given away like cars are though.

Credit needs to be on point, Job needs to be on point, you need to be on point, and budget HAS to be on point.

graduated in spring
we're all good friends
for my own room at the location im at its a great deal imo, get to surf almost everyday, bars/boardwalk are within biking distance

just want to say.. im 33 and married with a kid on the way and jealous of all you..lol 

Just curious, if money weren't an issue and workplace always close-by, which area of LA would you guys choose to live in?

Just curious, if money weren't an issue and workplace always close-by, which area of LA would you guys choose to live in?

Without getting too ridiculous and saying Malibu :lol: probably Santa Monica. Like the scene, weather, and ppl on the Westside.

Once I'm married with kids probably somewhere in the OC

Without getting too ridiculous and saying Malibu :lol: probably Santa Monica. Like the scene, weather, and ppl on the Westside.

Once I'm married with kids probably somewhere in the OC

truth! exactly my answer
im from the OC and moved to the westside about 2 years ago, although its nice, i do miss home but i have a career out here and need to deal with it until i retire...but one day i will buy a home in OC where i can chill off my pension and retirement funds

Y'all paying for location. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you want. I was just looking at this 2 bedroom for 850 here in baltimore. Decent area and not the biggest apt but it will do.

No disrespect to Baltimore, I live there but the quality of life can't be compared to anything LA has to offer. Unless your living in fells point,canton,federal hill,harbor east, brewers hill, or the county its..see you in the funny papers.

Plus Baltimore has zero yambs, Dc>Baltimore any day of the week literally!

Back
Top Bottom