Is it rude to not offer up your food??

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Culture? Get that $%@%+$$+ out of here. I don't feel like just because someone comes to my house to chill for a lil and decides to stop and get them some food on the way that they have to bring me something. I'll go and get my own damn food. I'm not the mooching type so I would most likely refuse if someone ask me if I wanted something. 
I also fail to see how that makes someone cheap if they are coming to your house to chill for a min. and they don't bring your whole family some food. So you saying if I stop at subway then I have to buy a sandwich for everyone? Hell naw. 

Oh word? You feel like ordering food and coming to MY place and eat it? Nahh, like I said, sit your $+# in your car or stay your $+# in that restaurant if you want to enjoy your food.

Don't try ordering a course meal, sit on my chair and eat while not offering. Nope! Ain't gonna happen.

And yes culture, and like I included in my original post /family .... in my family, you don't pull that !$%*. And if you do, expect to eat outside.

And you fail to see how that makes you cheap? Well then, I fail to realize how that makes me lazy.
laugh.gif
Like word? I'm suppose to know you went to Burger King and copped something to eat? Nawww... how about letting your family know you went out, and ask if they want anything.

To much to work for you? Alright cool. Stay your $+# at Burger King. We would never even know you ate.
pimp.gif
Simple as that.

Why you so mad tho? I agree that it is rude not to atleast offer food to someone, but come on, aint no way I'm feeding your whole fam, and I dont expect you to do that if you pay my house a visit. If your eating something and you offer some, cool, but I'm not gonna kick someone out of my house if they dont buy everyone food. You demanding that your guests feed your fam is even more greedy than a person not offering their food imo.

i mean to me it's common courtesy. i'm not going to go to a friends house, grub on some pizza or whatever while their watching me eat in their house.  it just comes across as rude.  if i come over i'll share what i bring be it food or drink because the friends i have do the same for me or always offer something to eat or drink when i come over.

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Culture? Get that $%@%+$$+ out of here. I don't feel like just because someone comes to my house to chill for a lil and decides to stop and get them some food on the way that they have to bring me something. I'll go and get my own damn food. I'm not the mooching type so I would most likely refuse if someone ask me if I wanted something. 
I also fail to see how that makes someone cheap if they are coming to your house to chill for a min. and they don't bring your whole family some food. So you saying if I stop at subway then I have to buy a sandwich for everyone? Hell naw. 

Oh word? You feel like ordering food and coming to MY place and eat it? Nahh, like I said, sit your $+# in your car or stay your $+# in that restaurant if you want to enjoy your food.

Don't try ordering a course meal, sit on my chair and eat while not offering. Nope! Ain't gonna happen.

And yes culture, and like I included in my original post /family .... in my family, you don't pull that !$%*. And if you do, expect to eat outside.

And you fail to see how that makes you cheap? Well then, I fail to realize how that makes me lazy.
laugh.gif
Like word? I'm suppose to know you went to Burger King and copped something to eat? Nawww... how about letting your family know you went out, and ask if they want anything.

To much to work for you? Alright cool. Stay your $+# at Burger King. We would never even know you ate.
pimp.gif
Simple as that.

Why you so mad tho? I agree that it is rude not to atleast offer food to someone, but come on, aint no way I'm feeding your whole fam, and I dont expect you to do that if you pay my house a visit. If your eating something and you offer some, cool, but I'm not gonna kick someone out of my house if they dont buy everyone food. You demanding that your guests feed your fam is even more greedy than a person not offering their food imo.

eek.gif
Whoa! That came out left field. I'm curious, what made you think I was mad? Was it the use of profanities? Profanities = Anger? I don't think so.

You're right, you don't have to feed my family. But don't go bringing in food without the courtesy to offer. If you can't do that, then don't eat in front of us. #Simple.

That's like if my wife, mother, sister or ANYBODY was cooking dinner/food at my house. And we had guests, and we all decided to have a family dinner, while our guests are in the corner by themselves, watching.

By y'all logic, should I not offer food to my guests then? Tell them to stop being lazy and cook themselves? Some of you kids have no manners.
30t6p3b.gif
Very sad!

i dont mind sharing my food, but if somebody reaches for my food they hand's getting stabbed by my fork.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

to me it all depends on what your eating, the portion size of what your eating, and where your at.

if your eating something like a steak or a burger then that's all yours,  if your eating a bag of dorritos or some fries or something i think it's common courtesy to offer whoever your with some.

if i buy a 30 pack of beer and the people around me aren't drinking, im offering them a beer or 2,  as i would hope they would do the same for me if the roles were reversed.
This right here. I don't really like sharing food or drink with people (etc. A burger, one drink) because i'm not with mixing saliva, unless you're my chick. If I have some chips or a few extra beers it's cool tho.
People beating around the bush hinting that they want food or something to drink is mad annoying to me, Just ask directly

Night Marcher01 wrote:

eek.gif
Whoa! That came out left field. I'm curious, what made you think I was mad? Was it the use of profanities? Profanities = Anger? I don't think so.

You're right, you don't have to feed my family. But don't go bringing in food without the courtesy to offer. If you can't do that, then don't eat in front of us. #Simple.

That's like if my wife, mother, sister or ANYBODY was cooking dinner/food at my house. And we had guests, and we all decided to have a family dinner, while our guests are in the corner by themselves, watching.

By y'all logic, should I not offer food to my guests then? Tell them to stop being lazy and cook themselves? Some of you kids have no manners.
30t6p3b.gif
Very sad!

Me bringing pizza over is totally different than me bringing a burger or deli sandwich over. Of course I will share pizza, fries, or chips. But no way in hell am I buying your whole damn family a meal just because I got something. I don't eat or drink after people so I'm def not sharing my burger, sandwich or juice/soda.
Lol at being called a kid. I'm a grown +@% man. But we can agree to disagree because it's not like I give a damn what you think or you give a damn about what I think.

:lol: i saw the thread and instantly thought of this gif. didn't realize it was an old thread

but as for the topic, i always offer.

even when i go out of the office to get lunch/coffee, ill ask coworkers if they want anything. or if i'm coming home with food, ill call up the house to see if anyone wants anything as well.

not about that selfish life.

...like a meal? 

no, im not sharing my mashed potatoes with anything those are for ME!

but chips or something shareable then sure! why not

If I just walked in the crib with some seafood, Im not sharing a damn thing.I hate when people ask if they can have some, Im like fool if you were hungry you'd already have eatn. And they be like Mannn why you aintt bring me none? Im like B if you want some you'd carry you *** to the store and go get some.

I share. But only with close friends. Everyone is not worthy of my morsels. It is annoying of they keep asking for more and more.

when i order take-out food and my girl says she doesnt want anything and that shes full, and then when the food arrives, she ends up eating half of it. drives me crazy!!!!

There's sharable food (chips, fries, popcorn), but no friend of mine is asking for "a bite" of something like

i dont share unless they ask srs

if they ask i dont mind at all

Last edited:
I don't share ( family I do though) and I don't ask for others to share.

We live in a country where food is plentiful and relatively cheap. You like how my food looks? Go get your own. There's no shortage. 

It may be to some. I guess you should evaluate if one more bite of your burger is worth having a bad rap.

honestly i cant eat in front of other people so i offer up or offer to buy them something they prefer to eat some people say its the sucker in me but if there is one thing i wont deprive a person of is a meal we all need nourishment

I don't share food son, sorry. It's messed up, but I don't share anything that goes in my mouth (pause). Eating utensils, bottles of water, my food is out of reach. sorry breh.

Back
Top Bottom