Is Kanye a top 10 rapper of all-time?

And KRS-One, Black Thought & Kool G. Rap

And Ghostface and Redman

katt-williams-o.gif

Are y'all really disagreeing with Wayne being a top 10 rapper of all time? I'm inclined to think you guys haven't heard anything from him pre '09....

Last edited:
Are y'all really disagreeing with Wayne being a top 10 rapper of all time? I'm inclined to think you guys haven't heard anything from him pre '09....

Even those years when he was really good that doesn't make him a top 10 all time rapper. I don't see it.

Pac
BIG
Nas
Jay
Kool G Rap
Scarface
Em
Rakim
KRS
Ice Cube

That's not my list but off the top my head Wayne ain't better than those dudes and I can keep going.

Even those years when he was really good that doesn't make him a top 10 all time rapper. I don't see it.

Pac
BIG
Nas
Jay
Kool G Rap
Scarface
Em
Rakim
KRS
Ice Cube

That's not my list but off the top my head Wayne ain't better than those dudes and I can keep going.

Cube over Wayne? :stoneface: are we rating this off of pure lyricism or cultural impact...

any rapper selling a million his first week has to be considered in the very least...

Waynes impact on hip hop makes him top 10

Thank you. His '07-'09 run had him the biggest name on the planet at a point and time

Last edited:

Waynes impact on hip hop makes him top 10

As terrible as it is, ya'll are probably (yet unfortunately) right. His run from 07-09 (maybe even 06-09) from a mainstream scale was massive. This ******* scum was everywhere even if you were trying to avoid him. I'm just now chiming in on page 13 and really just talking about sales/buzz, but if we're talking about pure lyrics, this loser isn't even in the top 30.

Last edited:
Cube over Wayne? :stoneface: are we rating this off of pure lyricism or cultural impact...

any rapper selling a million his first week has to be considered in the very least...

Thank you. His '07-'09 run had him the biggest name on the planet at a point and time

Wayne did nothing to impact the culture more than NWA sir.

And pre 2009 said some of the dumbest **** ever. Wayne was in his actual prime up until Carter 2. After that he was just popular. And Wayne is one of my favorites. Tha Carter is one of my favorite albums but that million first week is popularity...MC Hammer went diamond...he has to be top ten :stoneface:

Last edited:
Cube over Wayne?
indifferent.gif
are we rating this off of pure lyricism or cultural impact...

I'll take Cube over Wayne any day on both cultural impact and lyricism. It's not even close. You want to talk impact? How about Cube being a part of a group that brought a whole genre of rap to the masses. That's impact fam. If you going off units moved, Wayne doesn't hold a candle to the units DMX moved at his peak. X was pumping out platinum albums at a rate like no other in a short span.

Last edited:
Some of you younger ****** need to do your homework.

:lol: at Wayne's cultural impact trumpin Cube's.

Wayne did nothing to impact the culture more than NWA sir.

And pre 2009 said some of the dumbest **** ever. Wayne was in his actual prime up until Carter 2. After that he was just popular. And Wayne is one of my favorites. Tha Carter is one of my favorite albums but that million first week is popularity...MC Hammer went diamond...he has to be top ten :stoneface:

Hot boyz to c2 was waynes prime just because thats when you liked him more? :rofl:

What does nwa have to do with cubes solo career, cube was only on one nwa album

Wayne solo career>>>>>cubes

I'll take Cube over Wayne any day on both cultural impact and lyricism. It's not even close. You want to talk impact? How about Cube being a part of a group that brought a whole genre of rap to the masses. That's impact fam. If you going off units moved, Wayne doesn't hold a candle to the units DMX moved at his peak. X was pumping out platinum albums at a rate like no other in a short span.

You comparing the late 90s-early 2000s to the internet era?

Everybody wearing dreads because of who?

Everybody tatted up because of who?

Everybody wanna be blood because of who?

Wayne was that dude b

Hot boyz to c2 was waynes prime just because thats when you liked him more? :rofl:

Ummmmm no because that's when he wasn't using horribly corny similies every line?

"They cannot see me..they are like Stevie"

"i can say don't rhyme and its gone rhyme" :lol:
And NWAs lyrics were mostly written by Cube. You stay sounding stupid though so it's all gravy.

Wayne is in the top 10 because he made teenage followers want dreads, tattoos, and be fake bloods. Okay. :rofl:

Ok now I know for a fact some of y'all don't know what you're talking about if you're taking Cube over Wayne lyrically.

Cultural impact there's no denying what NWA did for hip hop but cube was part of a larger unit. You have to talk about easy, dre, and Ren if you're gonna bring up NWA and not just cube.

...and then if you're really gonna take it there then mention Westside connection as well >D we're talking solo careers people. Wayne > Cube

Last edited:
Hot boyz to c2 was waynes prime just because thats when you liked him more?
roll.gif

You comparing the late 90s-early 2000s to the internet era?

Everybody wearing dreads because of who?

Everybody tatted up because of who?

Everybody wanna be blood because of who?

Wayne was that dude b
So according to your logic, Wayne was that dude because of his perceived image? This is what you call impact correct? 

Ok now I know for a fact some of y'all don't know what you're talking about if you're taking Wayne over cube lyrically.

Cultural impact there's no denying what NWA did for hip hop but cube was part of a larger unit. You have to talk about easy, dre, and Ren if you're gonna bring up NWA and not just cube.

...and then if you're really gonna take it there then mention Westside connection as well
grin.gif
we're talking solo careers people. Wayne > Cube
You also forgot that Cube was the one who wrote majority of them lines for the group as well.

Ummmmm no because that's when he wasn't using horribly corny similies every line?

"I am burying-a- ton like levy, I circle your house like BB, colder than the heebie jeebies, never give freebies, 75,000 for these fees"

Mannnnnnnnnn :nthat:

Ok now I know for a fact some of y'all don't know what you're talking about if you're taking Wayne over cube lyrically.

...and then if you're really gonna take it there then mention Westside connection as well
grin.gif
we're talking solo careers people. Wayne > Cube
Solo careers i'm still taking Cube over Wayne. 

"i can say don't rhyme and its gone rhyme" :lol:
And NWAs lyrics were mostly written by Cube. You stay sounding stupid though so it's all gravy.

Just because you didnt like the way he was rhyming doesnt mean late 05-08 wasnt his prime aka the height of his career

How you gonna say pre c2 was his prime when he wasnt even that popular :smh:

Dudes saying anything, thats like saying jays prime was reasonable doubt

"I am burying-a- ton like levy, I circle your house like BB, colder than the heebie jeebies, never give freebies, 75,000 for these fees"

Mannnnnnnnnn :nthat:

That **** was not dope man. You got it, though. All opinion. We just agree to disagree.

Back
Top Bottom