Is Kanye West too UPPITY to be the world's greatest living rockstar?

He's influential to boys between the ages of 12 and 24.

laugh.gif
@ "culture as a whole."
my office is a block off from rodeo drive.

i spend alot of time dealing with the international art community and fashion branding in LA...

I can easily see his influence on the money of 100+ year old brands... and the general artistic direction of the industry

where do you live that you don't see even as much as an industry wide correlation ?

Last edited:
kanye is selling mainstream brand sneakers for racks......

that says alot about dude's influence on culture worldwide.... period...

among musicians... he's transitioned into more than just music... and has done it more successfully than any other musician alive....

he's the most influential musician on culture as a whole at this point in the 21st century

i bet he could sell a water bottle of his piss for more than any other entertainer in the world ... :lol:  let him call himself a rockstar.... 

if you consider him most influential you are only channeling the main stream media. you haven't listened to enough variety

I can easily see his influence on the money of 100+ year old brands... and the general artistic direction of the industry

:lol: @ this making up "culture as a whole."

For your sake, I really hope you're a child.

you must be in a bubble if you feel kanye is the turning point in music/fashion or whatever you can claim him to changing

Last edited:

kanye is selling mainstream brand sneakers for racks......

that says alot about dude's influence on culture worldwide.... period...

among musicians... he's transitioned into more than just music... and has done it more successfully than any other musician alive....

he's the most influential musician on culture as a whole at this point in the 21st century

i bet he could sell a water bottle of his piss for more than any other entertainer in the world ... 
laugh.gif
 let him call himself a rockstar.... 
if you consider him most influential you are only channeling the main stream media. you haven't listened to enough variety
mainstream........ mainstream ....

"culture as a whole" = mainstream culture....

I'm obviously not talking about niche markets or underground scenes...... 
 For your sake, I really hope you're a child.
mainstream culture.... yes.... he has the most influence of any musician... name another musician you would say has more current influence on culture as a whole (ie. mainstream culture)
you must be in a bubble if you feel kanye is the turning point in music
huh...... i only said he's the most influential MUSICIAN on current mainstream culture.....

who is talking about a "turning point" ?

Last edited:
Dude said most influential MUSICIAN in regards to fashion and culture. He never said the turning point as a whole.

Edit beat me to it.

Last edited:

mainstream culture.... yes.... he has the most influence of any musician... name another musician you would say has more current influence on culture as a whole (ie. mainstream culture)

huh...... i only said he's the most influential MUSICIAN on mainstream culture.....

i guess your world revolves around main stream media stuff where you have to keep up with trends. which means you are following the trendy thing. that's all good but you are missing out on a lot of substance

huh...... i only said he's the most influential MUSICIAN on current mainstream culture.....

man i can't even dispute with you because you are selling a product where you only see things which are marketable. unless they reach that point they are insignificant/.

huh...... i only said he's the most influential MUSICIAN on mainstream culture.....

i guess your world revolves around main stream media stuff where you have to keep up with trends. which means you are following the trendy thing. that's all good but you are missing out on a lot of substance
...... what?

how does my world revolve around mainstream culture?

how am i following "the trendy thing"

in what ways am i "missing out on a lot of substance"?

I'm merely stating objective observations... I in no way gave any information regarding my own personal preferences or influences

I bet if I said that heroine is the most addictive drug on the planet... you would tell me that I'm a junkie that needs to stop getting high..

man i can't even dispute with you because you are selling a product where you only see things which are marketable. unless they reach that point they are insignificant/.
what am i selling?

how am i only seeing things that are marketable?

why are people jumping to these conclusions without any info of who i am or what im influenced by?

If i said that christianity had a vast influence on europe, would you say that im an intolerant bible thumper?

...... what?

how does my world revolve around mainstream culture?

how am i following "the trendy thing"

in what ways am i "missing out on a lot of substance"?

I'm merely stating objective observations... I in no way gave any information regarding my own personal preferences or influences

I bet if I said that heroine is the most addictive drug on the planet... you would tell me that I'm a junkie that needs to stop getting high..

just stop. if you think through a "mainstream" view kanye is the most influential i really don't know what to say.

there are a lot of better ICONIC figures. you said you work in beverly hills bro i understand that's your environment and that's what you sell,

you're missing out on substance because beverly hils is a grain of rice what the LA is actually about.

just stop. if you think through a "mainstream" view kanye is the most influential i really don't know what to say.

there are a lot of better ICONIC figures. you said you work in beverly hills bro i understand that's your environment and that's what you sell,

you're missing out on substance because beverly hils is a grain of rice what the LA is actually about.
1. Name another musician who has more influence on current mainstream culture (music, art, fashion) than kanye 

2. iconic figures in music right? on current mainstream culture right? name them

3. I'm not missing out on anything by working out of Beverly Hills. I deal with design, art, and technology outside of mainstream media.... I have more leeway to pursue "out of the box" ideas because of the financial and creative freedom of my niche.

only the middle class really "follow" mainstream media....

the very poor don't care/don't fit into mainstream standards

the very rich can afford to follow/create their own standards

Last edited:
GWAP asked yall multiple times to name someone more influential mainstream. instead of doing it you're sending more personal attacks :smh:

1. Name another musician who has more influence on current mainstream culture (music, art, fashion) than kanye 

2. iconic figures in music right? on current mainstream culture right? name them

3. I'm not missing out on anything by working out of Beverly Hills. I deal with design, art, and technology outside of mainstream media.... I have more leeway to pursue "out of the box" ideas because of the financial and creative freedom of my niche.

but what is the main influence right now ? it's like being the top of crap. the music/art/fashion is wack now

im not going to say anything because you are fixated on kanye and there is no way i can change your mentality.

but what is the main influence right now ? it's like being the top of crap. the music/art/fashion is wack now

im not going to say anything because you are fixated on kanye and there is no way i can change your mentality.
so are you saying:

A. you know a musician who is more influential on current mainstream culture... but you won't name them because I'm "fixated on kanye"...?

or

B. you agree that kanye is the most influential musician on current mainstream culture, but it doesn't matter because mainstream culture is wack?

the best way to "change my mentality" is to name a more influential musician on current mainstream culture.... I have no stake in this designation.... it's merely an observation on my part... I don't work or make money in mainstream media/culture

Last edited:

laugh.gif
 @ him asking the same question over and over and you keep ignoring it.

The question isn't your personal opinion on current music/art/fashion, it's

Dudes is hawking Kanye's sneakers at 500% retail and people think he's not influential? :lol:

Last edited:
GWAP asked yall multiple times to name someone more influential mainstream. instead of doing it you're sending more personal attacks :smh:

Surprised? :lol:

I eventually came around on yeezus but overall kanye is cold musically

Drake
Pharrell
Kendrick Lamar
Future
The weeknd
J.cole

All move the needle more than ye , musically

My dude put j cole tho :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Only thing Cole moves is my *** to bed with that Nyquil flow of his :lol:

[thread="631479"] [/thread]

Pharrell Williams?

From his production in rap, to going left of center with NERD, to making it cool to be "left of center". Has actually had a successful clothing line. Had dudes running around in crazy hats and capris. Skate culture. Nike Dunks causing riots. And still puts out massive records. Dude did all of this just a few years before Kanye.

Andre 3000 pretty much did the same musically and breaking norms when it came to fashion in Hip-Hop. This is just off the top of my head. Outkast was ENORMOUS at one point.

This idea that ONE dude is responsible for all of this is the mentality of a simpleton IMO.

And let's be real here. "Culture" is a pseudo intellectual term people like to throw around in an attempt to speak for other people.

What is "current mainstream culture"? If you're a 15 year old girl, maybe your answer is Taylor Swift. Or Nicki Minaj.

If you're a 30 year old dude, maybe the answer is Jay Z or someone else.

This thread is basically another excuse for some people to proclaim Kanye is the greatest and others to disagree.

Because it seems people were going through withdrawal. We need that album already.

And we have to stop using sneakers as a barometer. Asics have ridiculous resale. So did Galaxy Foams. If it's even remotely limited, that's going to be the case.

Last edited:
Kanye impacts culture? :rofl:

In middle school yes. Ain't no grown men throwing on leather skinny jeans and a dress. Yall need to go out and live outside the box you've created. This thread is comedy. You could argue Kim and her family has more impact on society than he does. As far as musical influence these Disney stars hold the lives of multiple generations in their hands. You could argue they have a bigger impact on lives.

Kanye gets talked about but not in a positive sense. He's truly the clown of this era, and when I say this I mean people laugh at him, not with him.

Stop

Last edited:
From a musician standpoint Kanye isn't anywhere near as influential as Taylor Swift or drake. But Kanye is influential in a sense. Like his sneakers and clothes get major headlines, yeah but I don't think his style actually influences people. We may say" look at Kanyes new fashion line", but only the die yards are going out and dropping hundreds of dollars on tattered jeans and sweaters.

As for the sneakers, I mean yeah they get hype but let's not act like they're the only shoes selling out in seconds and having ridiculously resell amounts.

Also as blaster said, Kim is wayyyyy more influential than Kanye.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom