Is Kanye West too UPPITY to be the world's greatest living rockstar?

Name any artist in the world that is more influential than Kanye? Seriously.

You can walk through the streets of NYC and literally witness a mass amount of people who dress like Kanye or wearing his signature outfits (bomber, oversized tee, skinny jeans, yeezys, Adidas boosts)

He's the biggest star period in music. Wether you like his music or not, that's a fact.

at da end of da day

CA >>>> NY

Last edited:
I grew up thinking to even be a rock star you'd have to make rock music :lol: but hey maybe my thinking has been and become too rigid on this topic.

I also remember the time hip hop artists, even the greatest of their time were not chasing after the title or label or acceptance of being a rock star, especially not from a bunch of washed up rock stars.

Last edited:
I eventually came around on yeezus but overall kanye is cold musically

Drake
Pharrell
Kendrick Lamar
Future
The weeknd
J.cole

All move the needle more than ye , musically

to be a legitimate musical "rockstar" i'd think you'd need a fan base consisting of people from all ages that cross all generations. It seems the only demographic kanye caters to are the teens and 20 somethings who attend his concerts in their tight leather pants and the shoes that hes worn before

if you legitimately consider this guy any sort of genius your IQ level must be nearing hamster levels

Last edited:
Kanye is the best doing it today. He's arguably the most notable celebrity today and also arguably the face of Hip-Hop. He's currently in his prime so you can say he's the greatest "rockstar" today.

Kanye dont influence nobody but lames who think rap started in 92 and people who wear skinny joggers everyday just to show off their "new jays"...

Gimme 5 timeless kanye joint outside of "all falls down" & "cant tell me nothing"

You looking real sus right now.

Slow Jamz
Through the Wire
Jesus Walks
Power
Stronger

And :lol: at the rest of you acting like Kanye isn't influential. No other rapper even comes close in terms of fashion.

As far as the rockstar comparison goes, it's more about the fame than the actual music. He's not even the "hottest out" but everybody wants to know what Kanye's doing. Being married to Kim doesn't hurt either.

Last edited:
Kanye is the best doing it today. He's arguably the most notable celebrity today and also arguably the face of Hip-Hop. He's currently in his prime so you can say he's the greatest "rockstar" today.
The only problem I have is that he's not a rockstar...

He's an artist! but not a rockstar

If you enjoy rock you'll understand... Rock star just seems like its just too much for him

The only problem I have is that he's not a rockstar...

He's an artist! but not a rockstar

If you enjoy rock you'll understand... Rock star just seems like its just too much for him
The reason why the term rockstar was used is because it transcends rock . . . 

You ever watched the Fab Five or UNLV Runnin Rebels documentaries and hear them describe themselves as rockstars . . . it's because of the lifestyle and cultural impact . . . they were controversial, people were dressing like them, they were influential and they had the groupies . . . 

Slow Jamz
Through the Wire
Jesus Walks
Power
Stronger
Not to mention, that's like saying . . . what are Mike's best songs . . . but you can't say Thriller or Billie Jean or some **** . . . 

Like bruh what?

Kanye's classic 5 IMO are 

Can't Tell Me Nothing

Power

All Falls Down

Hey Mama Grammys Joint With The Violins 

Stronger

The reason why the term rockstar was used is because it transcends rock . . . 

You ever watched the Fab Five or UNLV Runnin Rebels documentaries and hear them describe themselves as rockstars . . . it's because of the lifestyle and cultural impact . . . they were controversial, people were dressing like them, they were influential and they had the groupies . . . 
You're right! but the thing is this OP considered him a rockstar...

Call me old school but the music he makes is nothing compared to rock.. 

The title is "Is Kanye west to uppity to be the worlds greatest living rockstar" and honestly he's not a rockstar in my opinion to me

That does not ignore the fact he is dope tho...

And
laugh.gif
at the rest of you acting like Kanye isn't influential. No other rapper even comes close in terms of fashion.
Word that fashion sense...just remarkable and inspiring

]

laugh.gif

And
laugh.gif
at the rest of you acting like Kanye isn't influential. No other rapper even comes close in terms of fashion.
I've been listening to Kanye since I was a kid and I agree with everything you're saying....

But what the **** is that man
roll.gif

Dudes V-neck is deeper than the Mariana Trench. Going so hard he has side boob.

Is this really what rich people spend their money on?
laugh.gif

Imma just stay middle class forever. This seems much more my lane.

Last edited:
heathens.

i just googled "how many grammys does david crosby have," btw.

these idiots need to calm down. just making a fool out of themselves and starving for headlines. why don't they get back to making the great music and being the biggest rockstars they wish to see in the world?

Last edited:
heathens.

i just googled "how many grammys does david crosby have," btw.

these idiots need to calm down. just making a fool out of themselves and starving for headlines. why don't they get back to making the great music and being the biggest rockstars they wish to see in the world?
Most of them are old and washed...

At Kanye's level, I wouldn't even address it. Truly doubt he even cares of their opinion.

Type of dude where he wouldn't have said it for the world to see if he didn't already believe it himself.

Last edited:
kanye is selling mainstream brand sneakers for racks......

that says alot about dude's influence on culture worldwide.... period...

among musicians... he's transitioned into more than just music... and has done it more successfully than any other musician alive....

he's the most influential musician on culture as a whole at this point in the 21st century

i bet he could sell a water bottle of his piss for more than any other entertainer in the world ... 
laugh.gif
 let him call himself a rockstar.... 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom