Is Kobe is still exciting to watch?

This thread is hilarious. My dude mentioned Sherron Collins and Will Bynum in his list, I've really heard it all. Bottomline is, Niketalk may not think he is exciting but it's obvious everyone else does... Dude is still the leading all-star vote getter out of all players so obviously people still enjoy watching him and for good reason. Kobe is still a top 3 exciting player to watch. SMH at dudes who only appreciate flashy dunks and crossovers. Kobe can still dominate games without doing all that at the age of 32 with a bum hand and knee. Some people just don't appreciate greatness. I still can't believe the list that dude made though... wow

Sherron Collins and Will Bynum......
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by EkinKlat

Not as exciting as he was when it was very common for him to put up 40+ a night.

But I would still pay more to see him than any body in the league beside LeBron
You are HIGH

Rondo
KG (energy and cussing)
Sherron Collins
D. Rose
Melo
Dirk
Will Bynum
Monta
Steph Curry
Blake Griffin
Inspired Baron Davis
Steve Nash
CP3
Brandon Jennings
Wade
John Wall
Durant
Westbrook
Deron

Dude said you are high then said he rather pay to watch guys like Will Bynum, Sherron Collins, and Baron Davis?

#%!?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You gotta love Niketalk, where they make the absurb seem normal.
laugh.gif

no joke.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by EkinKlat

Not as exciting as he was when it was very common for him to put up 40+ a night.

But I would still pay more to see him than any body in the league beside LeBron
You are HIGH

Rondo
KG (energy and cussing)
Sherron Collins
D. Rose
Melo
Dirk
Will Bynum
Monta
Steph Curry
Blake Griffin
Inspired Baron Davis
Steve Nash
CP3
Brandon Jennings
Wade
John Wall
Durant
Westbrook
Deron

Dude said you are high then said he rather pay to watch guys like Will Bynum, Sherron Collins, and Baron Davis?

#%!?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You gotta love Niketalk, where they make the absurb seem normal.
laugh.gif

no joke.

I haven't watched 10 Lakers games this season and that's the ONLY team I follow... So no... but I still stay GLUED to the screen come 2nd season... so...maybe?

I haven't watched 10 Lakers games this season and that's the ONLY team I follow... So no... but I still stay GLUED to the screen come 2nd season... so...maybe?

I haven't been excited to watch an individual since...I can't even remember. 
I do get excited over marquee team match-ups, or maybe even marquee individual player match-ups (like Rose v. CP3, etc)

I haven't been excited to watch an individual since...I can't even remember. 
I do get excited over marquee team match-ups, or maybe even marquee individual player match-ups (like Rose v. CP3, etc)

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Who cares if he isn't exciting as he used to be? He's still one of the best players in the league.

This is what happens when you worry about being "exciting."

Spoiler [+]
tracy_mcgrady_hurt_200712_ap.jpg

vince-carter-2010-1-8-23-12-38.jpg
Yo... f***'n LOL

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Who cares if he isn't exciting as he used to be? He's still one of the best players in the league.

This is what happens when you worry about being "exciting."

Spoiler [+]
tracy_mcgrady_hurt_200712_ap.jpg

vince-carter-2010-1-8-23-12-38.jpg
Yo... f***'n LOL

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Kobe is still great but he's been boring as hell lately. 

I've watched the lakers a few times this year and I swear, sometimes I forget he's in the game.  He does what he has to do Tim Duncan style, fundamentally and quietly. 

It's clear he paces himself and I don't blame him.  He'd played so many games over the years that he has to save himself for April May and June. 

Kobe is still great but he's been boring as hell lately. 

I've watched the lakers a few times this year and I swear, sometimes I forget he's in the game.  He does what he has to do Tim Duncan style, fundamentally and quietly. 

It's clear he paces himself and I don't blame him.  He'd played so many games over the years that he has to save himself for April May and June. 

Originally Posted by AG 47

Inspired Baron Davis

watch over Kobe? You like to get wet huh?
Yes INspired Baron. 2007 Baron and partially this year Baron with Blake running the lanes. I love Baron. Always loved his game. In his prime I would rather pay to watch him over any era Kobe. He was more likely to get a highlight than Kobe. He would bang on folks, yank then, and make the occasional no look. Kobe was exciting but I never really found him break neck exciting.

You all act like I said those players were BETTER than Kobe. If you notice my list consisted of many point guards, I prefer to see point men play. That is the most exciting position in my eyes. So just because someone is a role player shouldn't have any affect whether or not I find their STYLE OF PLAY more exciting than Kobes. I think you all are just looking at the names and
laugh.gif
-ing @ that. I could see if I said those dudes were better than Kobe but I didn't.

It is no secret that Will is my favorite player in the NBA.

Inspired Baron Davis

watch over Kobe? You like to get wet huh?
Yes INspired Baron. 2007 Baron and partially this year Baron with Blake running the lanes. I love Baron. Always loved his game. In his prime I would rather pay to watch him over any era Kobe. He was more likely to get a highlight than Kobe. He would bang on folks, yank then, and make the occasional no look. Kobe was exciting but I never really found him break neck exciting.

You all act like I said those players were BETTER than Kobe. If you notice my list consisted of many point guards, I prefer to see point men play. That is the most exciting position in my eyes. So just because someone is a role player shouldn't have any affect whether or not I find their STYLE OF PLAY more exciting than Kobes. I think you all are just looking at the names and
laugh.gif
-ing @ that. I could see if I said those dudes were better than Kobe but I didn't.

It is no secret that Will is my favorite player in the NBA.

In his prime I would rather pay to watch him over any era Kobe.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and preferences, but you'll have to excuse me if I find this utterly ridiculous.

Carry on.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and preferences, but you'll have to excuse me if I find this utterly ridiculous.

Carry on.

Carry on.
I understand where you are coming from, but I think many of you are allowing the level of success Kobe has had to cloud your judgment when it comes to calling what I am saying stupid. Baron is one of my favorite players to watch in my lifetime. As I said, I prefer watching smaller players.

Other players on that list:

Iverson
Stevie Franchise
Baron
White Chocolate (Definitely enjoyed watching him over Kobe).

Carry on.
I understand where you are coming from, but I think many of you are allowing the level of success Kobe has had to cloud your judgment when it comes to calling what I am saying stupid. Baron is one of my favorite players to watch in my lifetime. As I said, I prefer watching smaller players.

Other players on that list:

Iverson
Stevie Franchise
Baron
White Chocolate (Definitely enjoyed watching him over Kobe).

Back
Top Bottom