Is Niketalk corny or am I just outgrowing this joint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be on NT 24/7 like 4 years ago. Always thought this **** was going to run my life. I look at the forum now and it's getting corny. The users and the site itself. I don't even lurk anymore but I feel like there's still some gems out here. Y'all still do pyp's? NT General used to be hard, dog

You don't lurk yet feel the need to make a thread? Lame.

You hated the new layout without even trying it out.

I find it ironic that you made this thread, considering the contribution you had in regards to its slow downfall.

There's no denying that Niketalk isn't what it once "was"...but that comes with the territory of growing so rapidly (in terms of the sneaker culture + the internets rapid growth)

This has happened with most of the classic forums - especially once vets that keep the place together start leaving

Method Man has done an unbelievable job staying levelheaded while Niketalk grew at the pace it did - I believe he even saw it coming (and IMO, doubt he even wanted it to. Did any of us really want the sneaker game to blow up the way it did? Probably not)

The genius of some of the original posters on this site will never be matched - nor will it be ever again with the size of the internet nowadays.

This one goes out to some of the classic posters, BIG FAME ONE (RIP), Bastich, Khlav, RYAN KMD, glv, ...ouch, even I am forgetting a lot of the guys that brought the
laugh.gif
day in and day out as we grew up...and I'm sure most of the notable OG's lurk, we all probably do...but since we've all made connections outside of here with the people we enjoying reading/talking to over the years, there's not much reason to post

Once the sneaker game peaks and slowly fades into obscurity you MAY see a resurgence, because those committed will stick around, and new genuine posters will come along...but until then, don't count on it

Last edited:
Since the new platform, you been against NT.

I don't get it. Dudes say the site's corny/not what it used to be, but don't make threads to liven it up.

NT's the same to me. The female population has gone down, but otherwise, I haven't noticed a change. PYPs still get shut down.

I don't get it. Dudes say the site's corny/not what it used to be, but don't make threads to liven it up.

NT's the same to me. The female population has gone down, but otherwise, I haven't noticed a change. PYPs still get shut down.
I think PYPs are good, the last one on Yuku and the one started after the move to Huddler never got locked.

I cosign everything Quell said except for the first sentence. Y'all heard about lining up for Olive IX's? **** is preposterous. Every single Jordan sneaker is impossible to get now. Remember when we had GR's? Dudes line up for anything now. Now all those lames are NTers. Filth

General is the place to be at imo...you can contribute something worthwhile or check out some thought provoking post by select members who I know to be pretty smart cats and I can depend on them to bring something stimulating to the table.

The music forum is cool...
pimp.gif

Sports is cool...
pimp.gif

Wait until the mobile joint gets up and running and those official threads turn crazy...man why did I even respond to this dude...
laugh.gif

i agree with mayor and quell, the site isn't the same and this is way before we left yuku, lack insider info & the influx of new members has made this site watered down. Maybe one day it'll return to its glory days, but we all know that's wishful thinking. just my 2cents!

It's life. I think the improvement of technology and the internet made it change naturally. The concept of an online community was so cool back in like 2003-2004 and that was when high speed internet was becoming widespread so it was all new to everyone. The internet changes rapidly...even just four years ago think of how much different things were - Facebook was still mostly for just college networks and Twitter definitely did not take off yet. Things didn't "go viral" as easily as they could now and when they did, we came to forums like NT to discuss.

Niketalk is getting better and it's growing
I would think it would be Facebook status by now ......

its weak but i've posted more than lately for some reason i stopped visiting 4chan. probably take a nt hiatus real soon... i think sports pulled me in even tho im in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom