IS NIKETALK NEW LAYOUT TRASH???? THREAD

IS THE LAYOUT TRASH

• Total voters
Well its taking its time loading screens now

New layout same annoying ads

Edit: Just to post those 2 lines above it took about 30 secs to actually post. To add this edit line it took another 15 to bring up the edit screen :smh:

The CSPO side of me wouldn’t have released this site version just yet...

But the ***** side of me is thinking, the only people that have validity to the site are the “supporters” since they paid.

It's a mess so far.

We're essentially the guinea pigs for this new layout. The loading times are horrendous.

The site is laggy AF right now, that is my only complaint.

And yeah, I switched over to the OG layout once I discovered that it was available.......I wasn't feeling that grey one.

tenor.gif

pull up.gif

There are a couple of possible reasons for this.

If you're referring to load times, there are some massive processes running right now to complete the update that are consuming system resources. We're populating image galleries for every thread on the site, with every image on the site.

The new theme is a little more resource intensive, too, so users on lower powered devices have been reporting some sluggishness with the scrolling. Try switching to the OG theme. That uses fewer visual effects, so some users on older/mobile devices are finding that a bit more fluid.

I was just talking with our lead developer and they already have some ideas on how to boost performance further. They estimate that we'll be back at 100% within a few days.

My apologies for the wait - I've been a little busy lately. I'll take a look at it this week once things settle down and reply to your PM.

You think so?

NT 2017: No thread image galleries, no push notifications, can't quote uploaded images (says "view attachment), can't consistently handle unicode emoji characters, no bookmarks, no picture in picture for video, no multiple post reactions, doesn't support header-based email unsubscribe requests, no payment system to support ad free subscriptions, no dynamic support for 'unfurled' links, unsuitable for extensive custom development work. 200x200 px avatars.

Huddler: All of the above, except for an inferior thread image gallery feature with endless scrolling that lists images by oldest first, can't embed social media content, raster UI graphics that look horrendous on high DPI displays.

Yuku: All of the above, no @mentions, constant server synchronization errors, 100px avatars, no adaptive layouts to suit multiple aspect ratios.

ezboard NT: All of the above, can only hold 50 pages of active topics, can't upload images.

I'm gonna have to go with 2019 NT.

i would have replied sooner but this just finished loading from this morning Meth.

I feel you but i dont think folks had major issues with anything lacking.

if you like it i love it though. NT gonna be bae forever. even if she change up.

They obviously have some issues to work out on the back-end wrt to load times, lagginess, etc.

Otherwise, I think the site looks great. Love the customization options e.g. grey scheme vs. classic NT, changing page width, etc.

Some of the new functionality also seems value add and will lead to a better experience going forward.

Only thing I would change is making all of the thread titles bold - the font is a bit too thin for my liking when reviewing the front page. Otherwise, having seen the site go from the original layout, to Yuku, to the previous version...this is a very solid redesign.

Hey all, we just did a quick update and it seems like the site is a bit faster. Can anyone confirm for me?

It took like 30 seconds for my login to go through. Also, none of the embedded tweets show up. It has some red error message.

Hey all, we just did a quick update and it seems like the site is a bit faster. Can anyone confirm for me?

Barely on my end, it still takes awhile 10+ seconds to load pages at times.

You guys may have to re-evaluate a few things with the new layout to see what is holding up the load times (thread gallery could be to blame again)

Took six seconds to load up this thread once I clicked on the page. Better than an hour ago but still not back to status quo speeds. Getting there though.

You guys may have to re-evaluate a few things with the new layout to see what is holding up the load times (thread gallery could be to blame again)

Likely the layout, the thread gallery exists on other sites and it's functioning fine.

I do appreciate the little sidebar icon, since it opens up all the "options" that you normally get from the top-down selection of "Forums", "What's New", and etc.

Especially since also take like 3-5 seconds to load up for me when I click on them with the current state of the load times on this site

Back
Top Bottom