IS NIKETALK NEW LAYOUT TRASH???? THREAD

IS THE LAYOUT TRASH

• Total voters
speaking of chairty
Methodical Management Methodical Management how's that library nt helped donate to build???
any new pics the company sent???
is it still there???
We've sponsored several school and library projects over the years. You'll find a partial list here: https://niketalk.com/threads/thank-...ad-to-establish-a-school-library-in-b.652132/

Generally speaking, we receive a project completion report roughly one year after the initial contribution. If the project involves an enduring commitment to training, we may get a follow-up report, but it's not customary for any of the organizations we support to send us a note every year to confirm that "it's still there."

There has been one occasion where it has been appropriate to inquire about the state of a completed project, and that was the library we sponsored in Nepal.

In 2015, Nepal suffered a massive earthquake and our community rallied together to raise money for relief efforts. During this time, Room to Read sent updates to supporters regarding the earthquake's impact, but the library we sponsored was located a substantial distance from the epicenter.

As HellaSteph HellaSteph mentioned, we do have a library project that we've funded, but have not yet discussed as we're awaiting the project completion report. We will, of course, share that information with the community once we receive it.

HellaSteph HellaSteph

I keep seeing the pop up for enable push notifications at the bottom of my screen. I keep hitting remind me at another time, but can you give me a quick answer of what the push notifications will do?

At the moment I get no notification emails to my email linked to NikeTalk and I only get like a notification from the alert thing on the top right of the circle picture of my avatar which is how it's always been.

I just want to know if I enable push notifications what will that entail?
Push notifications currently do not work with Apple webkit (iOS, Safari on MacOS) due to a protocol issue. Where available, push notifications will send an alert through your browser or device to inform you of an event that you've specified - like a new PM, mention, or reply to a thread you're following.

You can specify which types of events will trigger a push notification, and these settings can be adjusted independently from your standard alert settings.

If you decide to enable push notifications for your device, you can always change your mind later.

To adjust your alerts settings, including push notification settings, simply visit your preferences page: https://niketalk.com/account/preferences

HellaSteph HellaSteph how can I Obtain more success with women?
This is not appropriate or relevant.

I'm not going to ask what you consider "success" in this regard, but if you'd like to avoid this type of result with others in the future, here's a place to start: you know the sense of entitlement that led you to ask that question of a professional here to address technical issues, simply because she's a woman? Lose that.

no it was not
was expecting pics of kids
or pics of where its being built a ribbon ceremony
or breaking ground
or of the locals or the books

Ah, yes. We haven't gotten to that part yet. But like Meth said, we'll be happy to present it to NT once we do. Thanks for being so active and eager about our projects!

i see Methodical Management Methodical Management answered the question
but hey meth did we sponser some kid like YEEEARS ago
like a toddler
i cant remember what was going on
or specifics
do u recall what im talking about???

the need to announce ur out
is just lame
just leave
like u want folks to say "nooooo dont go"
on a damn message board :lol:

What? Just voicing my opinion about how I felt, in a thread YOU created ****ing weirdo :lol: This ain’t no PYP. Nobody in here posting their fresh fits. I don’t come to NT seeking attention.

Anyways looks like some pretty good improvements have been made. Still a little glitchy. Still not as nice as the last version we were on.

Surprisingly I FULLY agree with everything ninjahood ninjahood has been saying in the thread. Reminds me of sneakertalk hahaha.

Some constructive feedback about some things that I hope can be implemented or I hope can be fixed: (on mobile only)

• Is it possible to add a collapsible switch for the gallery at the bottom? One that could be saved in our preferences? Similar to the switch on the homepage that collapses the different lounges?

• So I’m aware that there is a donation option that eliminates Ads, but I also have an empty box with a red X on the bottom of my page at all times. It is UNDER an advertisement and I have to X out of it. I’m assuming this is part of NT and not an ad, how can I get rid of this?

• It might have already been answered but is there a way, through Niketalk, that I can adjust screen size or font size or number of posts shown per page? Everything is giant on mobile. Again this might get fixed after ads go away but I’m not sure.

• Is it possible to collapse or condense the mission statement, privacy policies, and share options at the bottom of the page as well? They are huge font and take up a large amount of cluttering space on mobile. In fact the share options show up twice at the bottom of the page, it’s kind of redundant having it there twice.

I completely understand that you guys don’t try to cater to just 1 person, I’m just giving my personal feedback. Appreciate the quick changes you all have done to make this place better. HellaSteph HellaSteph Methodical Management Methodical Management And other mods thanks for working so hard and thanks for listening to our concerns and whiny gripes.

Why cant I click on the insert image, bold, quote, ECT when replying to a thread?

Mobile chrome and no ad blocker
Do you have the gear highlighted?

85424513-D8AC-477E-A478-08C50E55CDA8.jpeg

That toggles the editor mode for users who want to use bbcode. If you tapped it inadvertently, it would disable the other editor buttons until turned off.

are u guys still fixing the click on what someone liked
so u can get taken to the actual post instead of just the first page of said thread
also the avi pic when u @ someone is trash

Still cant click on any Twitter linked video unless i'm in private browsing or incognito.

I'm on Chrome (desktop) and Safari (mobile)

Up until this newest lay out change - There was still a way for users to access our personal
image gallery...is that completely inaccessible now on the new lay out? Gone for good?

Why don't you start with letting this one do her job instead of asking her random questions? I really want to be productive and use my time wisely, and I hope you do the same.

yo wassup, can saving images be alot easier? it doesn't let me long press to save, it takes me to some thing else 1st.

Methodical Management Methodical Management HellaSteph HellaSteph

I've enjoyed adapting to the new site. Maybe we should sticky a new suggestion thread at the top of the forum? After skimming over the recent pages this one may have run its course.

After a couple of weeks of normal usage there are two issues I'd love to see addressed.

This one is kind of superficial, but was there a conscious decision made to replace the @ in a user's handle with the user's actual avatar image when a user is alerted/notified in a post?

Obviously just my opinion, but images within a post should be limited to user content. Outright replacing the @ tag with a user avatar in posts is kind of disorienting, a little clunky, and definitely unnecessary (it's fine at the very top of a post but it's terrible in a sentence. Alerts use to be seamless).

More importantly, the multi-quote feature as we knew it before is now broken. If you click "quote" in a thread, you're stuck with that user's post until you actually quote it in a post, or you remove it in the "review selected messages" dialogue - regardless of where you traverse in the forum.

Removing quotes in that dialogue doesn't even work for me on mobile (iOS 12) but just as a feature, the forum wide persistence of quoted messages is kind of frustrating.

I browse in down moments throughout the day, regularly I quote post that I don't actually get a chance to reply to. I'm chillin now and I want to engage with a post in the NFL thread, I have to remove +10 quoted post from as far back as last Monday to quote and post my response.

Didn't the multi-quote persistence use to be tied to a specific thread? Before the site upgrade, something I quoted in the last week in the Credit Card thread, didn't show up when "inserting quotes" in the Music Forum.

I do have a question about spoiler feature:

When posting a picture using the spoiler tag, the picture still shows up in the gallery. Doesn’t that kind of defeat the purpose of the spoiler?

Would it be best to have the spoiler pictures not added to the pictures gallery?

Back
Top Bottom