Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

while both might be bad, 1 is a whole lot worse

id hope that the politics in America have made this abundantly clear over the last 2 decades (I’d say 4 or even 6, but I’d hope people are well aware of the last 2)
I don't think one is far and away worse. I think the religious Republikkkan right is worse, but I also think they are louder and more unabashed in what makes them terrible. In my experience and observation, the left is a more decorated and polished turd. Example: I haven't seen that either side is what I consider tolerant, but the left will act like they are.

Screenshot_20220331-123607_Reddit.jpg

-foe

I don't think one is far and away worse. I think the religious Republikkkan right is worse, but I also think they are louder and more unabashed in what makes them terrible. In my experience and observation, the left is a more decorated and polished turd. Example: I haven't seen that either side is what I consider tolerant, but the left will act like they are.

-foe

Only 1 side stormed a capital building, are burning books and want to qualify who can vote

Only 1 side stormed a capital building, are burning books and want to qualify who can vote
Well aware. Are you trying to convince me that the right is terrible? I've already acknowledged that. If you're trying to set up that the left is wonderful, I see no point in having that discussion with someone loyal to the left. I would no sooner try to convince a right loyalist of the atrocities of the right.

Loyalists think their side is flawless. No point in convincing them otherwise.

Some left loyalist wants to quote this very reply and paint a picture that I'm saying the sides are equal. It has happened before.

There's no point.

-foe

Well aware. Are you trying to convince me that the right is terrible? I've already acknowledged that. If you're trying to set up that the left is wonderful, I see no point in having that discussion with someone loyal to the left. I would no sooner try to convince a right loyalist of the atrocities of the right.

Loyalists think their side is flawless. No point in convincing them otherwise.

Some left loyalist wants to quote this very reply and paint a picture that I'm saying the sides are equal. It has happened before.

There's no point.

-foe

I said both are bad above, also said 1 is clearly worse

Thought that was clear

KI said both are bad above, also said 1 is clearly worse

Thought that was clear
You did. My bad. 😬

So why did you point out the capitol & books & voting? We both acknowledge they both suck but you pointed out some of the many atrocities of just one side. If you don't mind: Why?

-foe

You did. My bad. 😬

So why did you point out the capitol & books & voting? We both acknowledge they both suck but you pointed out some of the many atrocities of just one side. If you don't mind: Why?

-foe

Because that shh is hard to be worse than

Might not be a great choice, but the choice does seem clear

Do yall see any possibility of a viable 3rd party candidate in our lifetimes?
I don't see how our current system keeps functioning without our society crumbling. Even if a Republican and Democrat agree on an issue they'll vote against each other just to prove a point. Extrapolate that over every issue and decades and where do we end up

Do yall see any possibility of a viable 3rd party candidate in our lifetimes?
I don't see how our current system keeps functioning without our society crumbling. Even if a Republican and Democrat agree on an issue they'll vote against each other just to prove a point. Extrapolate that over every issue and decades and where do we end up
Current biparty system is BIG trash and more and more people are seeing that. There are a lotttta people who vote for a candidate just because they don't want the other candidate to win, and not because they actually believe in the candidate they voted for. I do see that happening less and less moving forward.

-foe

A third party candidate that has a chance of winning? No chance at all of that happening, I don't think. There may be some out there that you agree with on 99 percent of the issues, but they'll end up getting less than 1 percent of the vote.

Sadly I'm just gonna have to keep voting for the smaller pile of garbage, that being the Democrats. No way I'd ever vote for a Republican as they are right now.

A third party candidate that has a chance of winning? No chance at all of that happening, I don't think. There may be some out there that you agree with on 99 percent of the issues, but they'll end up getting less than 1 percent of the vote.

Sadly I'm just gonna have to keep voting for the smaller pile of garbage, that being the Democrats. No way I'd ever vote for a Republican as they are right now.
Agree with this. I think there probably more of a willingness on the part of the American general public to seriously consider third-party options, but running and winning a major political campaign takes big, big bucks and the Democrats/Republicans have a huge advantage in fund-raising infrastructure that I don’t think can be overcome.

-foe

Lol 😆 🤣 😂 😹 All da second pic needs is a Veg wrap and it would be perfect.

Agree with this. I think there probably more of a willingness on the part of the American general public to seriously consider third-party options, but running and winning a major political campaign takes big, big bucks and the Democrats/Republicans have a huge advantage in fund-raising infrastructure that I don’t think can be overcome.
For a third party candidate to be viable, Democrats and Republicans would have to rewrite electoral rules and agree to give themselves less power. There isn't a chance to see that happen if we just go by the gerrymandering and voter suppression shenanigans that have happened since section 4 of the Voting Rights Act was struck down.

In other words, we're stuck.

Disregarding the system as a whole, is there a third party candidate that would be good enough to unite most the country? Assuming the system allows a viable third party candidate in a political utopia

Disregarding the system as a whole, is there a third party candidate that would be good enough to unite most the country? Assuming the system allows a viable third party candidate in a political utopia
Nobody comes to mind for me :frown:

If the way this pandemic was handled doesn't show you that no form of government gives a singular **** about the citizens whether black or white, IDK what else to say.

Unless people want a full out revolution in the states, only way to ensure freedoms & liberty in this system is to accumulate more money & pay these old leeches no mind

Back
Top Bottom