Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

At 46, I’ve experienced multiple cycles of Horta being in, then out, then in again.

Thoughts on National Parks requiring permit to film?

Land of the fee? Costly permits now required to film some YouTube, TikTok videos in national parks​

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Social media mavens may need to think twice before pulling out their iPhones, GoPros or other video equipment when they’re recording in breathtaking national parks like Yosemite, the Grand Canyon or the Everglades.
The National Park Service is now requiring permits that could cost hundreds of dollars for filming in national parks – including the 11 parks across Florida and more than 400 others across the country – if there is an intent to make money off the recordings. That’s an increasingly common scenario among emerging content creators, including YouTubers, Instagrammers and Tik Tokers, who worry the government is turning out the lights on their growing industry.

Blind leading the blind. 1) The “look” of the people is already a dead giveaway, the 2) when you hear the dialogue, immediately can tell that they’re nincompoops.

The BEST quality of social media is the fact that it weeds out people that you don’t even have to befriend. It allows you to pick and choose who to fraternize with. That’s the beauty of social media that people don’t realize

Thoughts on National Parks requiring permit to film?

Land of the fee? Costly permits now required to film some YouTube, TikTok videos in national parks​

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Social media mavens may need to think twice before pulling out their iPhones, GoPros or other video equipment when they’re recording in breathtaking national parks like Yosemite, the Grand Canyon or the Everglades.
The National Park Service is now requiring permits that could cost hundreds of dollars for filming in national parks – including the 11 parks across Florida and more than 400 others across the country – if there is an intent to make money off the recordings. That’s an increasingly common scenario among emerging content creators, including YouTubers, Instagrammers and Tik Tokers, who worry the government is turning out the lights on their growing industry.
It's a good way to regulate it. I don't see why this would be an issue.

If I'm not mistaken, you have to pay to camp and park your car at national parks too.

I mean, white guys always viewed white women as their property historically so not shocking with that white male privileged mindset.

Sadly you have a lot of non whites adopting that mindset. i.e passport bros
THIS!!!!

America will cap for it's white women and quickly dismiss them in the same breath in the name of religon.

According to her video she doesn't have any deals as of yet, so it's definitely just been inconvenient for her. In her defense it was just a regular post of her at work, people do it all the time it only went viral cause of people somehow turning it into a SW'er debate.

All I saw was think pieces about SW for a good 2-3 days down my TL just cause an attractive woman working a regular retail job said she doesn't want to do SW.

Last edited:
That’s why we no longer have a middle class. People have devalued the everyday worker, or blue collar work, or even a fast food worker.

You’re either an influencer, work a well paying white collar job, sell dope, or do fraud.

There’s no in between. It’s to the point that a person can’t even work at Home Depot or the like? Because of looks? Just an idiotic society

According to her video she doesn't have any deals as of yet, so it's definitely just been inconvenient for her. In her defense it was just a regular post of her at work, people do it all the time it only went viral cause of people somehow turning it into a SW'er debate.

All I saw was think pieces about SW for a good 2-3 days down my TL just cause an attractive woman working a regular retail job said she doesn't want to do.

They’ll judge you for being half naked or selling your cheeks, and they’ll judge you for actually making an honest living. Just a terrible mindset by some of these ingrates who live online

Last edited:
That’s why we no longer have a middle class. People have devalued the everyday worker, or blue collar work, or even a fast food worker.

You’re either an influencer, work a well paying white collar job, sell dope, or do fraud.

There’s no in between. It’s to the point that a person can’t even work at Home Depot or the like? Because of looks? Just an idiotic society

This I whole heartedly agree with.

Also the reason why people are so depressed and unhappy because they are comparing themselves and expecting the same life of luxury as some of the wealthiest people in society.

Capitalism is putting up record numbers.

America has devalued the everyday worker because no one can survive off of an everyday worker's salary.

Back
Top Bottom