Is their a Chipotle competitor yet?

Team Qdoba. Their queso is the deal breaker for me. I ain't saying chipotle is bad, but nothing like a fat queso burrito from doba.

I like moe's just as much as chipotle. them stacked joints at Moe are :pimp:. I don't know about them other places like Qdobas and Freebirds but from the responses, they sound pretty good. Damn I wish I lived in Cali :frown:

I love Chipotle, it's hard to imagine a restaurant that could rival them, but I'm sure it's possible.

In nyc there are a lot of competitors, we have the chains Qdoba, Moes (they keep closing down) and Sabor de mexico. There are also tons of other local restaurants that offer the same thing. Burrito Box I think its called on 9th and 57th is probably the best I've had, burrito bowl in a taco shell, the best ground beef, guac and salsa are really good.

I used to LOVE Chipotles but the more I go, the more disgusted I am with it. I'm always sick afterwards and it's starting to become very unappetizing for me. Not a fan what-so-ever.

Son, I had this for lunch today. They OD on the sour cream. Chipotle is no longer worth going to.

Freebirds in Isla Vista >>>>>>> Chipotle

Even fake Freebirds ***** all over Chipotle.

Chipotle will destroy your stomach like no other. Guaranteed 24 hour bubble gut and a blown up bathroom.

A gift and a curse.

Son, I had this for lunch today. They OD on the sour cream. Chipotle is no longer worth going to.
You got a bad burrito maker then. The ingredients are the same and every one. But it all comes down to who makes them. I got a couple Chipotles in my town and I know who the good ones are in each of them. If my dude is working the salsa and veggie, I willl tell him to work the rice and meat (pause). Same concept as a barbershop

Moe's is alright. Chips are 
sick.gif
. Never knew it was possible to mess up simple tortilla chips. I knew it was possible to make them better though. The pressed salt with a hint of lime that Chipotle uses 
nthat.gif

I never understood the hype for Chipotle, I went there a couple of times wanting to like but I couldn't, it's just a run in the mill "tex-mex" flavor...maybe it's just because i'm Mexican but if anyone is in the Maryland area trying to find a legit Mexican place R&R Taqueria is the truth!

DANG!!! I USED to work right around the corner from this place and didnt even know about it
:smh:

Last edited:
You got a bad burrito maker then. The ingredients are the same and every one. But it all comes down to who makes them. I got a couple Chipotles in my town and I know who the good ones are in each of them. If my dude is working the salsa and veggie, I willl tell him to work the rice and meat (pause). Same concept as a barbershop

I had soft tacos. I've never seen them made like they were today. Like lined up horizontally instead of vertically, so the cream got all over it. (Pause)

THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently I live 5 mins from one and will be trying when I get back to md
It will be worth it go, I must warn you the place is very small and ever since it was featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives it gets packed with hipsters and yuppies, so expect a large crowd, but the food is
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom