Is their a Chipotle competitor yet?

Just asking because around NY especially i have seen so many Chipotle's open up and the hype behind it is ridiculous.... I mean at lunch their are literally lines outside of the door.

Sabor De Mexico is a chipotle style Restaurant that has three locations around the financial district in NY and i can honestly say they're much better.

Same "Build your Own" style as chipotle and you can choose bowl or burrito.... But they also make enchiladas, quesidillas, tacos, etc. and all their meals also come with a side of nachos & dip with it. They have more options as far as meats go (Beef, Braised beef, Pork, Chipotle chicken, Spicy chicken, shrimp etc, etc)

Overall they have the same in & out build up of chipotle with less lines BETTER food, and bigger portions all for the same price. Has anyone ever had them before.

That Qdoba. The queso alone makes it a competitor. Throw in the fact they have discounts for college students puts it over the top. Quality of food is about the same as Chipotle to me with the same assembly line ordeal.

Here in LA we have Chipotle, Qdoba and Freebirds.

I still prefer Chipotle out the three. Qdoba has 3-cheese queso which is :pimp:

Don't really care for Freebirds.

Last edited:
Freebirds and bullritos. Don't think they're at the level of chipotle in terms of ability to compete though. food is just as good

I still prefer Chipotle out the three. Qdoba has 3-cheese queso which is
pimp.gif

So true...

Chipotle honestly is the best. Qboda a close second. Moes is just very bland for my tastes.

I usually go to Qdoba because it's right next to my apartment. But Chipotle is better imo. The marinade they use on the Barbacoa 
nthat.gif

I prefer Freebirds in Marina del Rey. It's the one I frequent the most, plus the employees are super nice and they always hook me up with free stuff/discounts.

And they have tattoo Tuesday where you get $3 off your order.

welp, i know what im having for lunch today.

steak burrito bowl with the works + guac and a tortilla on the side :pimp:

Funny, I just ate at a place in Newport, Rhode Island called Cilantro .... www.cilantromex.com

There are 6 locations in RI so far and they keep expanding. I actually enjoyed it nore than Chipotle and it was a buck cheaper (7$ flat after tax for 4 tacos)

The pulled pork was delicious. The buffalo chicken was pretty good. The regular chicken was great

I like Qdoba because they have sauces. I like to get bbq sauce on my burritos and Qdoba allows me that option.

Chipotle was bomb af back in 08. Just don't taste the same to me. Still good however.

When i was in the South they had Moe's before Chipotle. I liked it better. Chicken Nachos hit the spot!

I prefer Freebirds in Marina del Rey. It's the one I frequent the most, plus the employees are super nice and they always hook me up with free stuff/discounts.

And they have tattoo Tuesday where you get $3 off your order.

I've only been to Freebirds a couple of times (The one on Fig near USC)...

I just can't get down with the shooting sour cream and guacamole out of those guns. Reminds me of Taco Bell :lol:

Chipotle >>>>>

G.O.A.T.

bout to get some right now

Last edited:
Chipotle is overrated but I never liked Mexican food let alone american style Mexican food

Back
Top Bottom