Is their a Chipotle competitor yet?

Has anyone had the Quesarito at chipotle yet, didnt want to make a thread about a mystical secret menu item

I don't get this thread. 

If you live anywhere even within a half day's driving distance of the pacific ocean there's a 75% chance the hole-in-the-wall around the way is gonna be significantly better, less expensive *AND* done up by a matronly looking female who actually looks like she's enjoying the craft. 

Further away the lower the percentage but there's local spots *everywhere* that *have* to be better than Chipotle. 

I gotcha, maybe I'm more confused than anything. I don't mean to sound elitist, and I'm definitely not *against* chain take-out food, but I've only been to Chipotle once in my life and it's because I was in a group of people. I don't see any reason to go there because I don't live Maine, Hawaii or Alaska.

I guess I just don't understand why the market for semi-upscale sort-of expensive street food even exists in the first place. 

I guess I just don't understand why the market for semi-upscale sort-of expensive street food even exists in the first place. 

I feel you. I think the term your looking for is "fast casual" as that is the category places like Chipotle, Panera Bread, etc... fit in. As far as why the need for "sort-of expensive street food" exists is (I think) because not everyone lives near a city or area where authentic Mexican/Tex-Mex food exists. So for those, like myself, who enjoy that sort of food get opportunity to have it despite thier locale. Although I live in the D.C. metro area and there are numerous "authentic" Mexican spots, I enjoy Chipotle because I'm on a diet and it gives me another somewhat healthy option (Burrito Bowl, chicken, small portion of brown rice, extra lettuce and extra pico de gallo) when I'm in a hurry. I like to use the Chipotle app on my phone to place my order ahead of time to avoid the wait when I know it is going to be busy.

i never heard of any of these places you guys posted
laugh.gif
but to answer the question any good local mexican joint around your part beats chipotle in my book. I don't think them too much to begin with

Back
Top Bottom