Is this self-defense, or murder??? What do you think? Watch this vid...

Originally Posted by Lrrr

if he was shot in the head how the %*+# can someone say that he was alive but unconscious
That's what's really getting to me. How do you get charged with murder for killing a dead person? I guess the DA is trying to paint it outlike the robber "might" have had a chance to live. I don't think I can turn off my adrenaline like that especially when my family's life isat stake.

Originally Posted by nick0lis

i feel like as soon as you do something like that, you should be subject to whatever the owner/manager wants to do to you as long as your still on their property.

I agree but part of me is unsettled about this particular situation. I think it was wrong.

He definitely went too far - but I don't blame him, whatsoever... criminals need to be taught a lesson, and not by the justice system.. by the people whothey attempt to rob. The more stories you hear like this in the news of robbers being shut down and killed for their actions, the less incentive thesecriminals who are on the fence about doing something will have to do it.

SHould he have kept shooting him? Probably not... but again, i'm not mad at him... robber never gets one bullet put in him if he doesn't decidehe's going to rob the place. That's the inherent risk you take when you wanna be a criminal, and it's important we protect a person's right todefend themselves.

what u guys think would of happened if dude shot multiple times in the beginning...do you think it would of been excessive force or self defense?

I agree with many saying he went too far.

The key is when he returns to the store and walks past the shot kid and comes back to "finish him"

I don't think you give the guy life though because if they didn't try robbing him the kid would not be dead.

What I want to know is why in the hell is the kid putting his mask on after entering the store?

Bad decision, cost him his life.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by cardizzle45

I am sure that defense will say that the employees mens rea was not in the right state of mind. When someone is put in a situation like that there are emotions that arise in a split second that throws common sense out the window. I am sure the defense will mention that the employee had no idea that the robber didn't have a weapon therefore he didn't know if the robber was NO longer a threat. I am pretty sure he won't be found guilty of murder.

You know in New York there was a case where a kid was threatening a young man and his father verbally as well as with racial epithets, the kid then approached them and breached their property, again while making threats and the father shot and killed him in what he thoug was self defense. He is now doing life in prison.

In another more publicized similar situation, a guy saw 2 men robbing the home of a neighbor whom he admittedly doesn't know, called 911 and then tauntingly told the 911 operator he was going to go out there and kill them himself despite the 911 operators many attempts to tell him not to. He is now a neighborhood hero and still at the house, scott free.

I left out the races of all the parties involved, but race and social class and political affiliations so affect the way things like this are judged, that you can easily figure it out.
so thats how it ended?
eek.gif
eek.gif

how is that possible? was there no other means to stop them? if you cant within your means why not let them go free and let the cops go in on them?

Murder. The man appeared to be in a coherent state seeing as he seemed to walk calmly back to his drawer, pull out/reload his fire arm, then walk back andunload 5 more shots into the incapacitated robber.
Racist undertones, maybe.

i don't know how people are defending that stupid kid.

he tried to rob a store, let that be a lesson to any other kids who try pulling the same crap.

i don't blame the guy for shooting him some more, hell if someone tried to rob my house or anyplace im at and put me or my familys lives in danger i wouldbe so mad i would shoot that person in the face just so their family couldn't give them an open casket for viewing at the funeral.

smh at you guys saying the kid deserved...maybe you guys haven't heard of the consitution but it states that nobody can have their life liberty or pursuitof happiness taken away from them without due process. yes, the kid would have been found guilty anyway but that was for a jury of his peers and for a judge todecide what his punishment should be.

if what this man did is justifiable than the kids family should be able to shoot him for having killed their son.

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

smh at you guys saying the kid deserved...maybe you guys haven't heard of the consitution but it states that nobody can have their life liberty or pursuit of happiness taken away from them without due process. yes, the kid would have been found guilty anyway but that was for a jury of his peers and for a judge to decide what his punishment should be.

if what this man did is justifiable than the kids family should be able to shoot him for having killed their son.

f the constitution. if you try and rob me its either my life or your life. the constitution also says we have the right to bear arms.

why should the kids family be able to shoot the guy??

was their little innocent waste of semen forced to attempt to rob that store?? i don't think so

did that little waste of semen know that trying to rob that store was wrong?? im sure he did

i'm pretty sure his mom is going to be crying on the news about how her baby was such a good kid, disregarding the fact that he attempted to rob a storeand put other peoples lives in danger, also more then likely the kid had a criminal record already so its not like an innocent life was taken away.

something similar happened where i live, and people tried to sympathize with the suspect as well. a group of people tried robbing a restaurant around here, an off duty cop was in the restaurant, once the robbers found out the guy was a cop one of them tried lunging at him with a knife, the cop shot him dead and people were complaining how the cop shouldn't have killed him.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Excessive but I disagree with the DA's decision to charge him with murder.

Ersland's mind was probably going a million miles a second after he was the one that was attacked. And he might have thought that Parker was "playing dead." Parker did have a backpack on him which could have been holding a weapon. I personally feel if you commit a crime like those two guys did, you forfeit all your rights.
why would he walk nonchalantly back there and even turn his back to him then?

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

he tried to rob a store, let that be a lesson to any other kids who try pulling the same crap.

i don't blame the guy for shooting him some more, hell if someone tried to rob my house or anyplace im at and put me or my familys lives in danger i would be so mad i would shoot that person in the face just so their family couldn't give them an open casket for viewing at the funeral.

So if you shot the person who tried to rob your house and they're lying on the ground are you gonna go back in the house and call 911 or shoot the kid 5more times?

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

i don't blame the guy for shooting him some more, hell if someone tried to rob my house or anyplace im at and put me or my familys lives in danger i would be so mad i would shoot that person in the face just so their family couldn't give them an open casket for viewing at the funeral.

So if you shot the person who tried to rob your house and they're lying on the ground are you gonna go back in the house and call 911 or shoot the kid 5 more times?

it depends on how i'm feeling at the time and what state i live in. honestly i would feel disrespected that someone tried to break into my property andpose a threat to me. if i have a permit to carry a gun and i have witnesses to testify in my favor, im blowing that kids brains out so he'll never havethe chance to try and rob me again.

why let the legal system give him a slap on the wrist when i can solve the problem especially if i know i can get off.

this dude is seen as a villan but that bernie gotz guy who killed a stickup kid and shot a few other kids who tried to rob him on the 2 train in new york islooked upon as a vigilentie hero.

Originally Posted by de PHX Jose

robber was unarmed, but who's to say he wouldn't go to the car to get a weapon or find some sort of tool of weapon.
but dang..
The kid who died was unarmed, but the other one wasn't. I'm pretty sure when you see two dudes coming at you and at least one gunyou're not going to stop and think to find out which one you saw with the gun so you can shoot him instead of the other guy.

smh at you guys saying the kid deserved...maybe you guys haven't heard of the consitution but it states that nobody can have their life liberty or pursuit of happiness taken away from them without due process. yes, the kid would have been found guilty anyway but that was for a jury of his peers and for a judge to decide what his punishment should be.

Which is exactly what these kids were trying to do to the pharmacist, so why shouldn't they receive what they were doing to others. You alsosay they would have been found guilty anyway, but who's to say it wouldn't have cost the pharmacist his life? And
indifferent.gif
at that last sentence.

I'd say murder because those extra shots were excessive, but I also don't know what's going through someone's mind when something like thathappens.

neither. but the guy that shot the kid shouldn't get life.

if you trying to rob someone, then you're gonna get what's coming to you.

f the constitution. if you try and rob me its either my life or your life. the constitution also says we have the right to bear arms.

was their little innocent waste of semen forced to attempt to rob that store?? i don't think so

did that little waste of semen know that trying to rob that store was wrong?? im sure he did

i'm pretty sure his mom is going to be crying on the news about how her baby was such a good kid, disregarding the fact that he attempted to rob a store and put other peoples lives in danger, also more then likely the kid had a criminal record already so its not like an innocent life was taken away.

something similar happened where i live, and people tried to sympathize with the suspect as well. a group of people tried robbing a restaurant around here, an off duty cop was in the restaurant, once the robbers found out the guy was a cop one of them tried lunging at him with a knife, the cop shot him dead and people were complaining how the cop shouldn't have killed him.
Afterthe first shot, it was no longer a life or death situation.
How you figure dude had a criminal record? Now you making assumptions.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

you cant murder someones thats already dead
If an autopsy reveals that the kid died from the first shot, then I'd change my answer to self defense. However, the article doesn't stateeverything so I think I should change my answer (to undecided) until they reveal the actual cause of death. It just says: "It isalleged that Parker was unarmed, lying on his back, unconscious but alive, when he was shot in the abdomen byErsland."

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

i'm pretty sure his mom is going to be crying on the news about how her baby was such a good kid, disregarding the fact that he attempted to rob a store and put other peoples lives in danger, also more then likely the kid had a criminal record already so its not like an innocent life was taken away.

After the first shot, it was no longer a life or death situation.
How you figure dude had a criminal record? Now you making assumptions.

maybe i'm wrong about the criminal record part but be realistic here i doubt a kid whos never gotten in trouble before is going to say, "gee gollywiz, let me go rob a store today" more then likely that kid had a record for doing stupid stuff.

your more then welcome to defend scum though.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

If an autopsy reveals that the kid died from the first shot, then I'd change my answer to self defense. However, the article doesn't state everything so I think I should change my answer (to undecided) until they reveal the actual cause of death. It just says: "It is alleged that Parker was unarmed, lying on his back, unconscious but alive, when he was shot in the abdomen by Ersland."

It was too much, but the pharmacist could say that he wanted to make sure the kid was dead.

In that type of situation I dont think anyone would stop to think about a theifs life. Its either me or you.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

If an autopsy reveals that the kid died from the first shot, then I'd change my answer to self defense. However, the article doesn't state everything so I think I should change my answer (to undecided) until they reveal the actual cause of death. It just says: "It is alleged that Parker was unarmed, lying on his back, unconscious but alive, when he was shot in the abdomen by Ersland."

It was too much, but the pharmacist could say that he wanted to make sure the kid was dead.

In that type of situation I dont think anyone would stop to think about a theifs life. Its either me or you.

co motherfreakin sign

Back
Top Bottom