Is this whole "college experience" thing overrated?

So you associate the "college experiene" with responsibility and becoming a reasonable adult?

Who looks back at their college years and wishes they could go back to the days when they were just figuring out how to budget their month out?

"I really miss the days when i would just work at TJ Maxx and go to class and make sure I had my stuff together....those were some crazy times."
Uh yeah. That doesn't mean I don't party but the majority of my college experience is trying to become a responsible adult because when a graduate, that's what I'm going to do anyway. Besides, why not party in the summer when classes are out? (Unless you go to summer school) 

If you do it right, no it is not. It'll be really fun and a memorable experience.

:rofl: @ you expecting anything close to project x

All I know I went to uh(university of houston, my old school) to look in to getting into a masters program and the yambs are so much more riper then when I went to school... If you are a guy in college now and can't get laid( even if you are broke and working like I did) something is definately wrong with you

I went to ASU and it was all the way legit. College is a place where you gain lifelong friends as well as future business connections. If you want the full college experience, it's probably best to join a fraternity - I was friends with the dudes and just went to their parties. Living on your own and learning how to budget is an incredible experience, the girls are the icing on the cake :smokin

Brakgirl sounds boring as hell :lol:

We parties thurs-sat almost every week. Girls, alcohol, music, beer pong, making tons of friends having the time of our lives.

Someone told me you will never have as much freedom as you do in college and its true.

Full time job, good money, paying off my loans every month. College is what you make of it, you cant judge it by a wack weekend with friends who might not know where all the cool parties / fun is happening at.

college experience was :pimp:

attending classes at a state college and partying at USC :lol: :pimp:

those were the days man :\

This. Except for me it wad class @ state university, party at UMass and Johnson and Wales Providence.
If I could, I'd re-live my college years over and over like Groundhog Day.

:frown:

Went to a predominantly white university but we lived it up like kings. Threw hella house parties, barhopped, went clubbing, just great times. There was one time were there was a back to school mixer at our student union, as that weak *** mixer was winding down my homegirl grabs the dj's mic and yells out after party at rocman23's suite, hella heads came through :nthat:

I think it depends on your college and your social group :nerd:

But it's never going to be like the movies man :lol:
Yeah, there's a difference between real life and those epic, once a century parties you see on tv. Not every weekend is going to be full of craziness. I went out a lot my junior year and had fun drinking and smoking with my friends.

So you associate the "college experiene" with responsibility and becoming a reasonable adult?

Who looks back at their college years and wishes they could go back to the days when they were just figuring out how to budget their month out?

"I really miss the days when i would just work at TJ Maxx and go to class and make sure I had my stuff together....those were some crazy times."

So you associate the "college experience" with irresponsibility and becoming an un-reasonable adult? Some people have to work to put themselves through college and don't have time for constant partying fam.

So you associate the "college experience" with irresponsibility and becoming an un-reasonable adult? Some people have to work to put themselves through college and don't have time for constant partying fam.

yea sucks for them. makes you a much more "together" person and responsible adult, but it really really sucks because you missed out on the college experience.

i totally associate the "college experience" with irresponsibility and abusing the strange position of freedom without real responsibility that comes with living away from your family but not having to fully support yourself aside from basic bills.

when you're in college they tell you the ones who are working hard and not partying are the ones who will run things, when really its the kids who managed to have the most fun and build the most relationships through sharing stupid/wild experiences with others while balancing that with school that become the executives and presidents of the united states.

well if you're into partying, you're at the right place. You just need to look for those big events. If you are at college to get an education and really learn something you're into while jump starting your career, you are there for the right reasons. Those wild parties don't just happen to you unless you seek those opportunities out and enjoy them.

If you want the movie college experience, look for the Fraternities. My firsthand experience has been amazing and going greek was the best social choice I made in college thus far. 

Collge was crazy fun. I know taking on debt isn't the best financial decision, but really I'd advise to not work too much during school. My friends that worked 30+ hours did not have the same experience as I did.

I say work>college, but my job sucks because I don't have weekends off smh....

Edit: I take that back, I forgot how fun no responsibility was. Being an adult sucks,...

Last edited:
Ya'll crazy.

FAMU was just like the movies. Just replace all the white kids with black kids and all the EDM with ignorant Trap Music.

You ever think it's boring because this is Spring Break season and everyone's gone?

Or maybe your cousin's friends are just very boring. Ya'll coulda gotten into some kinda mischief or hijinks, or at the very least some shenanigans.

What I came in here to say.

College was so much fun...4 years guaranteed housing so 99% students lived on campus. Most of the dorms and frats were allowed to serve liquor. Every group threw parties. So many wild nights... and this was as a premed at a top 5 school

The college experience is what you make it...

The great thing about it is that there are unlimited avenues for you to venture down.

Freshman year I was a party animal and it was Project X every weekend.. how I survived that year is beyond me. But I went in thinking that college was meant for drinking any nothing else, My grades and my health reflected this.

Sophmore year.. smoked everyday, did hallucinogens, opened my mind, became an atheist, did A LOT of self exploring. Hands down the most important year of my life and one of the best.

Junior-Senior year.. tightened up, networked with my professors and industry professionals, studied abroad, summer interned in downtown Chicago, set up my career. Went to maybe 2-3 house parties during my last couple years and only because I was hosting them. Stuck to the bars where I knew everybody, no shady off-campus leaches posted in the back, knew there would be booze and knew the police wouldn't be braking it up.

The experience is what you make it. It's 4 years that will shape up the rest of your life. If you think the college experience is "Project X", then you already have the wrong idea about college. College is a great time and a great opportunity to set the path for the rest of your life and find out what you wanna do for the next 60 years. Sure thats a part of it, but if you let it become the entire experience you are doing yourself a huge disservice.

But yeah, like other people said, the crazy **** will always be there on a college campus. Just up to you and your social group to decide if you're about that life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom