Is VA Serious About All Those "SPEED LIMIT ENFORCED BY AIRCRAFT" signs on I-95?....

Originally Posted by MOEree5e

VA cops dont play!!! im in woodbridge....and when i go to MD on 95/495, i cant wait to cross the Woodrow Wilson Bridge so i can get my need for speed on!!!! MD drivers do an average 80mph with weaving in and out of traffic on 95/495.....i miss livin in PG
tired.gif

PG portion of the beltway, FTW.

Originally Posted by sendtheroses

my buddy was driving on the 401 in toronto, canada where there are signs stating that there is aircraft patrolling.... he got pulled over and they said the plane caught him doing 145 in a 100
I need a highway that allows 100 miles per hour
eek.gif
nerd.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by silverswoosh

VA cops dont play!!! im in woodbridge....and when i go to MD on 95/495, i cant wait to cross the Woodrow Wilson Bridge so i can get my need for speed on!!!! MD drivers do an average 80mph with weaving in and out of traffic on 95/495.....i miss livin in PG
tired.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

Originally Posted by sendtheroses

my buddy was driving on the 401 in toronto, canada where there are signs stating that there is aircraft patrolling.... he got pulled over and they said the plane caught him doing 145 in a 100
I need a highway that allows 100 miles per hour
eek.gif
nerd.gif
eek.gif

You do realize Canada uses the Metric System.
nerd.gif
So its not 100/mph

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

here's a tip from a long time driver(17 yrs).....don't speed in VA

very true. i have 2 speeding tickets already. since living here. smh...but it was never from an aircraft. i think those are just scare tactics.

Originally Posted by silverswoosh

tired.gif

N WHAT?!?!
pssshhhh soon as I get off 270 and get on the 495 spur, I feel like im Jeff Gordon
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Edit
I got pulled in VA few months ago for an illegal U turn (no argument though, I know what I did
laugh.gif
)
Lady let me off with a warning. I think cuz it started to rain tho
grin.gif

I guess that's just NoVA area. It's not that bad in the 757 and 804. Plus I know where they post up at (esp. on the interstate)

I live in New York. If I get a speeding ticket in anywhere outside of the tri-state I won't @*%#++# pay it and I'm not showing up for court. I doubtthey'll send the feds after me
grin.gif

And I drive at a minimum of 85 on highways.

^^^ yessir

Going back home to Richmond they always around hampton /newprtnews area on 64 ...

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

VA cops are usually the worst on route 66.

Those signs are fluke, but dont speed in VA. You will be ticketed for wreckless driving.
Really? Thankfully, I've never been pulled over for anything. I hit atleast 110 everyday on 66, from the vienna metro station to the 495 ramp.

lmao ur avy and this response i must be high but that is funny as hell lmao

Originally Posted by Lrrr

I live in New York. If I get a speeding ticket in anywhere outside of the tri-state I won't @*%#++# pay it and I'm not showing up for court. I doubt they'll send the feds after me
grin.gif

rookie smh a warrant will be issued and they will come get u happened to me twice or worst they will suspend ur license until u get the ticket handled. Trygetting pulled over with a suspended license that u didnt kno about not a good look fam

Hell yeah It's serious. I've been sniped so many times in VA it's sad. I don't even think I can legally drive in the state anymore.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6/21/2007[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Virginia Introduces $3550 Speeding Ticket
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Virginia legislator introduces new speeding ticket tax that boosts penalties beyond $3550, driving business to his traffic law firm.

[/font]
albo.jpg
Virginia motorists convicted of minor traffic violations will face a new, multi-year tax beginning July 1. Led by state Delegate David B. Albo (R-Springfield), lawmakers slipped a driver responsibility tax into a larger transportation funding bill signed by Governor Tim Kaine (D) in April. Albo, a senior partner in the Albo & Oblon, LLP traffic law firm, can expect to see a significant increase in business as motorists seek to protect their wallet from traffic tickets that come with assessments of up to $3000 in addition to an annual point tax that tops out at $700 a year for as long as the points remain.

"The purpose of the civil remedial fees imposed in this section is to generate revenue," the new law states. (Virginia Code 46.2-206.1)

Driving as little as 15 MPH over the limit on an interstate highway now brings six license demerit points, a fine of up to $2500, up to one year in jail, and a new mandatory $1050 tax. The law also imposes an additional annual fee of up to $100 if a prior conviction leaves the motorist with a balance of eight demerit points, plus $75 for each additional point (up to $700 a year). The conviction in this example remains on the record for five years.

Other six-point convictions include "failing to give a proper signal," "passing a school bus" or "driving with an obstructed view." The same $1050 assessment applies, but the conviction remains on the record for eleven years.

Although the amount of the tax can add up quickly, the law forbids judges from reducing or suspending it in any way. The tax applies only to Virginia residents, so that out-of-state motorists only need to pay the regular ticket amount. Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Texas also impose a somewhat more modest driver responsibility tax which they apply to out-of-state residents.
[/font]

Pretty simple actually.

They have an aircraft flying overhead. When you pass a landmark they start timing until you cross another specific spot.

Now all you have to do is some simple math to figure out your speed which then gets radioed to an officer who will pull you over and issue a ticket.

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6/21/2007[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Virginia Introduces $3550 Speeding Ticket
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Virginia legislator introduces new speeding ticket tax that boosts penalties beyond $3550, driving business to his traffic law firm.

[/font]
albo.jpg
Virginia motorists convicted of minor traffic violations will face a new, multi-year tax beginning July 1. Led by state Delegate David B. Albo (R-Springfield), lawmakers slipped a driver responsibility tax into a larger transportation funding bill signed by Governor Tim Kaine (D) in April. Albo, a senior partner in the Albo & Oblon, LLP traffic law firm, can expect to see a significant increase in business as motorists seek to protect their wallet from traffic tickets that come with assessments of up to $3000 in addition to an annual point tax that tops out at $700 a year for as long as the points remain.

"The purpose of the civil remedial fees imposed in this section is to generate revenue," the new law states. (Virginia Code 46.2-206.1)

Driving as little as 15 MPH over the limit on an interstate highway now brings six license demerit points, a fine of up to $2500, up to one year in jail, and a new mandatory $1050 tax. The law also imposes an additional annual fee of up to $100 if a prior conviction leaves the motorist with a balance of eight demerit points, plus $75 for each additional point (up to $700 a year). The conviction in this example remains on the record for five years.

Other six-point convictions include "failing to give a proper signal," "passing a school bus" or "driving with an obstructed view." The same $1050 assessment applies, but the conviction remains on the record for eleven years.

Although the amount of the tax can add up quickly, the law forbids judges from reducing or suspending it in any way. The tax applies only to Virginia residents, so that out-of-state motorists only need to pay the regular ticket amount. Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Texas also impose a somewhat more modest driver responsibility tax which they apply to out-of-state residents.
[/font]

that was in 07. they have then since revised it.

Yea they use decoy cars on the side of the road. You think they are broken down, but they are taken your picture. They do that in the whole DMV...

Are you serious. Thats crazy.

Originally Posted by Lrrr

I live in New York. If I get a speeding ticket in anywhere outside of the tri-state I won't @*%#++# pay it and I'm not showing up for court. I doubt they'll send the feds after me
grin.gif

VA will just will just add on fees and take a lien out on your paycheck. You won't know even til it's already done, just one day yourcheck will be mad short. Speaking from experience
wink.gif

Originally Posted by abernja

Pretty simple actually.

They have an aircraft flying overhead. When you pass a landmark they start timing until you cross another specific spot.

Now all you have to do is some simple math to figure out your speed which then gets radioed to an officer who will pull you over and issue a ticket.
frown.gif

I always wondered why radar detectors are illegal in VA. I always drive watching the road ahead paranoid. Never knew speeding was THAT serious here though. Theother day I saw a trooper hide in the trees on 66 when I was on the metro
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom