Is Wale falling off?

Wale in my opinon has drop from what he use to put out before he got big his music seem to be way better and feel like he was 
rapping about the truth and not he's just making radio hits, don't get me wrong thats cool for a couple of songs but not every single 

track on a cd. The 11-1-11 and Ambition is a real big dissappointment to me from his previous music. What do ya'll think? am I wrong?

When was this dude ever on. He's always beyond boring and Ambition just solidified that.

For a lot of rappers in this current era you'd be better off only listening to their mixtapes. People seem to overreact when the artist drops an album they don't like or a lot of ppl seems to have negative reviews of the album.

By the time Wale drops his next mixtape this question will seem more than foolish.

I made a post a while back stating mixtapes are far more important then actually LP's imo. With that stated when was wale ever really live? He has a following and that's it.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Gotta be on to fall off.

dang
laugh.gif
.  not the wale from more about nothing and attention deficit, but he's gotta put out whatever his record label tells him to put out, which is probably the radio songs.  i mean, i was listening to him when he put out the nike boots songs, but he was never really on
ohwell.gif
so he can't fall off...

From someone who used to be a big fan, yes. His music just isn't doing it for me now. He used to stand out so much with the go-go BKS sound, I just don't hear 'it' any more.

Ain't nobody said a word when Eleven One Eleven mixtape drop, about him falling off. How's he falling off, when he just pushed 190k units last week? I was disappointed with the album, though.

He's not on? 
laugh.gif
 what would you determine as being on then?
Regardless, I don't really mess with any of his catalog. A few songs here and there, that's about it.

I don't think he's fallen off, he just chooses his commercial music to be different.

He's trying to cater audiences.

The hunger is there, but not the plight. The passion for art is there, but not the creativity.

I will stand by this: More About Nothing is still his best body of work.

You n's is funny as hell.....First when attention deficit sold 28,000 everybody said he flopped and fell off...and that he wasn't going to do anything good or great and he was just going to be another Asher Roth or Charles Hamilton and dissapear but nah he didnt he worked hard came out with a couple of mixtapes that took the internet by storm and now he has a hit album which most of the songs were produced by tone P who is a part of BKS..and now you N's is saying he fell off for doing the exact same thing yall n's belittle him for? yall make me
laugh.gif

^
Clearly the Mixtape About Nothing and 100 miles and running was better then that.........Mixtape About Nothing>100 Miles and Running>Back to Feature>More About Nothing>Attention Deficit>Paint a Picture>Hate is the New love>Eleven One Eleven Theory>Ambition

and thats just my order....im not saying Ambition sucked it was okay but it is a hit album but if i had to put all his albums in order that would be it.

eek.gif
eek.gif

Can't believe he sold that much after his first album flopped. That's impressive. I thought he was destined to be Ace Hood status (flop after flop)

I never really listened to him though so I can't say if he fell off 

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

^
Clearly the Mixtape About Nothing and 100 miles and running was better then that.........Mixtape About Nothing>100 Miles and Running>Back to Feature>More About Nothing>Attention Deficit>Paint a Picture>Hate is the New love>Eleven One Eleven Theory>Ambition

and thats just my order....im not saying Ambition sucked it was okay but it is a hit album but if i had to put all his albums in order that would be it.
More About Nothing had more hits I could listen to personally. The Numbers Won, The Breeze (Cool), The Soup, The Friends N Strangers, The Black N Gold, The Eyes Of The Tiger, Ambitious Girl, etc.

Back to the Feature wasn't bad either. Rather Be With You still gets rotation. Say It Again too was pretty solid.

im not a huge fan, but he a NTer so i support duke. but uh, he did his thing on that MMG album.

Back
Top Bottom