Is Wale falling off?

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

How would u know...u said u don't listen to him? ^

I listened to bait .. I like that track

I just won't ever play that %$$#% in my car or support him ..

But if someone I know play him .. I'll listen

I never said he sucked as a rapper ..

He's just a sucker #@% !!%+% ..

His older material is way better than what he is putting out now ..

And so what about his #'s ..

Lil Wayne Carter IV did 900k and he's regressed dramatically since Carter II , album was trash..

$%!!% with that +@++ ..

I'm just saying his whole style went from one end of the spectrum to another end ..

He went away from being himself musically..

AceBoogie wrote:
He fell off to me when he stopped getting production from Osinachi and BKS. You can only rap a certain way on trap beats and IMO he don't sound right over them. The gogo flow is what go him on, why ditch it
QFMTF

Yea trap beats arent really his forte'. He crams too many words into his bars and it comes off as annoying at times. And I'm a fan of his music.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

People are never satisfied.  If Wale would've stayed with the same style, flow, beats and never "evolved" - he would've been criticized for that.  For example, look at the Drake Take Care criticisms over on that thread.  We got a series of "mixtape" material already...dude's out there trying to sell an album/product, make money, and be set.  You can't blame him for that.

IMO, he's putting out above average music.. the stuff on Self Made, 11.1.11 Theory, Ambition, and the features he's been on...

Fell off? Shiiiiit he's the biggest he's ever been

My whole fb time line is filled with LFB quotes, from chicks

Originally Posted by jc619er

When was this dude ever on. He's always beyond boring and Ambition just solidified that.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

He fell off to me when he stopped getting production from Osinachi and BKS. You can only rap a certain way on trap beats and IMO he don't sound right over them. The gogo flow is what go him on, why ditch it.
hammer.jpg
its sad but true, i personally enjoyed attention deficit it had substance I.E. 90210, dairy, shades, and prescription were very good tracks!!!!  idk ambition didnt seem like him at all, his flow and the content werent there!!! its sad cuz i do enjoy his music and has a good mixtape resume, one of the most consistent IMO in the game today

man...reading this thread, sounds like alot of da rocks they was chucking at Nas when he crafted It Was Written as da follow up to Illmatic...

not to say wale is on Nas caliber on any level..just seeing da parallel of criticism...

Originally Posted by jomitm

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

He fell off to me when he stopped getting production from Osinachi and BKS. You can only rap a certain way on trap beats and IMO he don't sound right over them. The gogo flow is what go him on, why ditch it.
Not even gonna lie, I miss his verses on Osinachi and BKS joints. 
It produced an original sound / niche for him that made him unique.
Tone P the person who produced "DC or Nothing", "Dont Ever Hold Your Applause", & "Chain Music" is the 2nd half of BKS...smh

For me nothing he does will probably ever match 100 Miles and Runnin, but I don't expect him to make the same #!+% over and over again.

Even if I personally don't love his music now, dude definitely isn't falling off, he's kinda blowin up, and he's makin that $$ now so quit being salty.

Those Tone P betas are trash though. That sure isn't the Best Kept Secret production that I know from the mixtapes. Not at all. And it isn't just the absence of the go-go influence that lost me, there has to be other things lacking now because BTTF was ON POINT and that only had one BKS joint.

Wonder Why
Rhyme N Reason
Nothing To Worry About
Goodbye ft. Jean Grae
Um Ricka
Say It Again
Life's A B****
Night Life
Rather Be With YOu
New Soul (BKS Produced bonus joint)

Underrated tape.

Originally Posted by jomitm

I don't think he's fallen off, he just chooses his commercial music to be different.

He's trying to cater audiences.

The hunger is there, but not the plight. The passion for art is there, but not the creativity.

I will stand by this: More About Nothing is still his best body of work.

Yes I feel that was the best music frm him

Originally Posted by thejrob

For me nothing he does will probably ever match 100 Miles and Runnin, but I don't expect him to make the same #!+% over and over again.

Even if I personally don't love his music now, dude definitely isn't falling off, he's kinda blowin up, and he's makin that $$ now so quit being salty.

I'm not knockn him for gettn money but his music is getting more wack

Did he fall off? It depends in what manner you’re referring to. Lyrically, I say no. Sound wise and content, I think so.

HelloHipHop4000 summed up how I feel pretty well. I’m not sure who mentioned it, but someone mentioned him introducing the go-go sound to other regions. I really enjoyed that from him and he’s apparently done with it now? That definitely hurts his appeal to me

I was under the impression that he signed to MMG to have autonomy over his music. Maybe I was confused, but Ambition and 11-1-11 is NOT what I thought he was trying to do. I just don’t see myself listening to this current Wale much because this lane that he’s in, sound wise, is done better by others. Hopefully he ‘evolves’ again soon.

Back
Top Bottom