Is Wayne a legend? Or will he ever be?

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLLAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to make a weezy thread.

I'm smoking today chillin on the computer and "I feel like dying" came on.

Forgot how
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
that joint was.

Yes.

Denying his impact on the game and his progression of what we call rap into new heights and levels of creativity is completely unwarranted and you would beutterly stupid to claim other wise.

NT is full of small minded "purists" that seem to forget that the music they idolize was once demonized by what could be called even then the"artists of yesteryear"....get over yourselves.

i believe he should. people make him seem as a horrible rapper. hes an all around rapper. he can come lyrical. and he can do commercial. and he even triedrock. which wasnt half bad. i believe he is in the top 5 rappers that are alive. he has numerous songs, more than almost anyone. and he has one thing. a lot ofpassion for music.

When its all said and done lil Wayne career will be a considered legendary..its really hard to dispute against him, same thing as Kanye or 50cent.

they have domminated the last few years like never before.

Legends to me are like classic albums there 1st tier classic albums (illmatic, chronic, marshall mathers lp, Cuban linx etc. etc.) and then there are second tier classics (reasonable doubt, what thee album, slim shady lp etc etc)

Wayne is a 2nd tier legend.

***BEWARE this rhetoric may have not made sense*****

Hmmmmm.

This makes a great point.

Yes, Wayne is huge right now.
But 50 was way bigger then what wayne is today and people dont consider 50 a legend.

And please dont even bother saying 50 Past work was thrash.

GRODT > All Carters imo

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

When its all said and done lil Wayne career will be a considered legendary..its really hard to dispute against him, same thing as Kanye or 50cent.

they have domminated the last few years like never before.

Legends to me are like classic albums there 1st tier classic albums (illmatic, chronic, marshall mathers lp, Cuban linx etc. etc.) and then there are second tier classics (reasonable doubt, what thee album, slim shady lp etc etc)

Wayne is a 2nd tier legend.

***BEWARE this rhetoric may have not made sense*****

Hmmmmm.

This makes a great point.

Yes, Wayne is huge right now.
But 50 was way bigger then what wayne is today and people dont consider 50 a legend.

And please dont even bother saying 50 Past work was thrash.

GRODT > All Carters imo

Albums aren't the only measures of success these days.

Originally Posted by dipsett247

i believe he should. people make him seem as a horrible rapper. hes an all around rapper. he can come lyrical. and he can do commercial. and he even tried rock. which wasnt half bad. i believe he is in the top 5 rappers that are alive. he has numerous songs, more than almost anyone. and he has one thing. a lot of passion for music.

Didn't you hear?!

He signed Immortal Technique and they're gonna ride on the government AND EMINEM!

Stay tuned.

i dont think 50 was as big as wayne is right now. plus 50 died down after 4 years. wayne has been at this high point for about 6 years and going. maybe evenmore.

i believe he should. people make him seem as a horrible rapper. hes an all around rapper. he can come lyrical. and he can do commercial. and he even tried rock. which wasnt half bad. i believe he is in the top 5 rappers that are alive. he has numerous songs, more than almost anyone. and he has one thing. a lot of passion for music.

He failed COMPLETELY WITH ROCK.

i dont think 50 was as big as wayne is right now. plus 50 died down after 4 years. wayne has been at this high point for about 6 years and going. maybe even more.

No truth in this statement at all.

Only way I see him becoming a legend is if he goes on another Pre Carter 3 run feature/mixtape wise and follows it with several more solid albums. But in orderto do that he would have to quit drugs and I don't see that happening. I think he's content with where he is now
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom