Is Wayne a legend? Or will he ever be?

ask yourself this -

in 20 or so years, when you wanna play some hip hop for some children, maybe your own, and explain to them what made hip hop music special, show them the keyfigures, the key moments, the memorable timeless songs that you will be able to play and enjoy until the end of time...

...will you play them Lil Wayne? Will you?

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

ask yourself this -

in 20 or so years, when you wanna play some hip hop for some children, maybe your own, and explain to them what made hip hop music special, show them the key figures, the key moments, the memorable timeless songs that you will be able to play and enjoy until the end of time...

No, I will not play any Wayne song.

no wayne song? not even one? you gotta be kidding me. you guys make it seem as he has no talent what so ever.

He needs another Carter 2 then yes.
When he gets out of jail all hell is going to break loose.

Originally Posted by dipsett247

no wayne song? not even one? you gotta be kidding me. you guys make it seem as he has no talent what so ever.

There are a bunch of songs by Wayne i enjoy.

But just read the question again.

and explain to them what made hip hop music special, show them the key figures, the key moments, the memorable timeless songs that you will be able to play and enjoy until the end of time...

Originally Posted by CashBanks

He needs another Carter 2 then yes.
When he gets out of jail all hell is going to break loose.

i could bump every song in the carter 2. a great album. carter 3 was decent. but after jail he is going to come hard

yo ill be the first to admit Lil Wayne is dope, i enjoy listening to his stuff these days more than most mainstream rappers out there. He's put out somealbums that many will call classics and I probably won't dispute.

But I can't call him a legend, and honestly I don't forsee ever calling him a hip hop legend. My bottom line is when I look at the current definitelegends in hip hop, Lil Wayne just doesn't fit in with them.

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

ask yourself this -

in 20 or so years, when you wanna play some hip hop for some children, maybe your own, and explain to them what made hip hop music special, show them the key figures, the key moments, the memorable timeless songs that you will be able to play and enjoy until the end of time...

No, I will not play any Wayne song.
I will play a Wayne song a couple albums prolly, but it will be on some "the South came from being kind of the disrespected children of hiphop to creating at one point in time the arguably most popular rapper in the game after Jay-Z" tip....im no big time wayne fan but its not even cool todownplay what he started off as with the Hot Boys to what he did with Squad Up and the first 2 Carters...he showed the rest of the nation dudes from the southcould bring it...we will always have UGK, Ball n G, Scarface...real legends in the game that never went global r really even national on that kinda level...butWayne left his mark in the game, he did more than what Juve did, more than what Master P did, more than rappers from TX, in terms of getting everybody toreally play his music across the board...and he did that while ATL took over the game and had rap on smash with TIP, Jeezy, Luda etc....

We dont have to call him a legend now but by the time he finishes if he really get back to rap I think he can get that label...long as he doesnt pull afifty...and that will be pretty hard, cuz wayne actually can spit...50 not so much

If wayne died today he would be considered a legend... tho he's alive "attempting" new things which are "WHACK" he won't beconsidered one by many...

Has a Classic Mixtape (Dedication)
Has a Classic Album (Carter 1)
Sequels are up for debate but considered to be classics as well

dunno bout first album didnt make gold i heard
500,lights out both gold
carter plat
carter 2 1.5 so plat
carter 3 3x plat

so sales wise he had longevity and classic songs

the block is hot was top 50 all time on vh1... and more songs

classic hip hop group Hot Boyz as well.

Of course he will be remembered as one...
The ones saying no...are just basing it on their personal preference...

you guys just think all rap legends come from NY or up east. But down south theres a diff type of rap, but none the less its still rap. thats why wayne is alegend.

you guys just think all rap legends come from NY or up east. But down south theres a diff type of rap, but none the less its still rap. thats why wayne is a legend.

Scarface..... UGK...

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

i dont think 50 was as big as wayne is right now. plus 50 died down after 4 years. wayne has been at this high point for about 6 years and going. maybe even more.
No truth in this statement at all.
False
I Don't Know
True

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

you guys just think all rap legends come from NY or up east. But down south theres a diff type of rap, but none the less its still rap. thats why wayne is a legend.

Scarface..... UGK...
so you think UGK are legends but not Wayne? no disrespect to UGK. I love em. but come on..

so you think UGK are legends but not Wayne? no disrespect to UGK. I love em. but come on..
Wayne has always been one of my favorite rappers but are you trying to say Wayne should be considered a legend before UGK should?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Wayne has always been one of my favorite rappers but are you trying to say Wayne should be considered a legend before UGK should?
grin.gif
not at all. atleast not right now. maybe in 5 years or so.

i believe he should. people make him seem as a horrible rapper. hes an all around rapper. he can come lyrical. and he can do commercial. and he even tried rock. which wasnt half bad. i believe he is in the top 5 rappers that are alive. he has numerous songs, more than almost anyone. and he has one thing. a lot of passion for music.
Couldn't have worded it any better....

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Yes.

Denying his impact on the game and his progression of what we call rap into new heights and levels of creativity is completely unwarranted and you would be utterly stupid to claim other wise.

NT is full of small minded "purists" that seem to forget that the music they idolize was once demonized by what could be called even then the "artists of yesteryear"....get over yourselves.

^ this...

NT'ers be gettIng tight because when they make a thread about their artist that they slurp, and it gets no posts
roll.gif

Shame on SOME OF YALL NT'ERS...

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

i dont think 50 was as big as wayne is right now. plus 50 died down after 4 years. wayne has been at this high point for about 6 3 years and going. maybe even more.

No Some truth in this statement at all.

adjusted.

So i made up my mind that Wayne is not a legend.

Even when 50 was big (He was bigger then Wayne), nobody considered him a legend.
And when i see wayne, i cant see him as a legend. He doesn't fit in.

Optimus, theres nothing "really" creative about wayne music.
Now that i think about it, all i hear are punchlines and same topic.

And many of us aren't hanging on the pass. Its just that they were and are better then the new generation of Hip-Hop
right now.

EDIT*

roll.gif
at DipsetGenerals avy

Do you guys understand what it takes to be a legend?

That word isn't to be thrown around lightly.

Wayne is nowhere near a legend at this point in his career.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom