Is Wayne a legend? Or will he ever be?

Originally Posted by LDJ

Iuno bout rockstar status i mean he hasnt even released a rock album. Until then lets not hail him with some of the greats like jimi hendrix just yet.

Prom Queen! Prom Queen!

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

Did dude really just say "His transition to Rock music"...?

You've gotta be *!%!+#! kidding me.

que el problemo?
laugh.gif

at you calling that %%*# rock music...

Or even music for that matter.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Iuno bout rockstar status i mean he hasnt even released a rock album. Until then lets not hail him with some of the greats like jimi hendrix just yet.
Normally when people say @%%% like this they add a lol jk. Yo $#* was just gon leave this statement like that ha? That's how you feeling thisSaturday night ha?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

roll.gif

Goodnight NT.

laugh.gif
Yea...his rock stuff is pretty mostly garbage...a few songs werestraight imo
i like ready for the world, prom queen, and hot revolver...

he be tryna go into that screamo +#$!...lol..

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by LDJ

Normally when people say @%%% like this they add a lol jk. Yo $#* was just gon leave this statement like that ha? That's how you feeling this Saturday night ha?
smh.gif
He thought nobody would catch it ha? Just cuz he made a couple good points anything he say we gotta accept it ha?

Did dude really just say "His transition to Rock music"...?

You've gotta be *!%!+#! kidding me.

que el problemo?

All I can do is laugh.

tee-hee-hee-hee all i can is laugh at your hate of Dwayne Carter
laugh.gif

You mean Weezey F. "insert cell-mate's last name here" right?

It's not hate as much as I don't see what's appealing about his lyrics. It's straight punchline. There is very little depth for me. I ratherlisten to Lupe all day. But then again I can probably see you "hating" on him.

Originally Posted by OneLifeLoveKing

There is absolutely no way that lil wayne IS NOT a legend... he changed the game?. He is the game. rap follows him and makes it a trend. always.
wayne does it? its hot. simple as that. so i don't understand why this is an argument. You dont have to like him to agree with this.

+1

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

There is absolutely no way that lil wayne IS NOT a legend... he changed the game?. He is the game. rap follows him and makes it a trend. always.
wayne does it? its hot. simple as that. so i don't understand why this is an argument. You dont have to like him to agree with this.

+1
Shut the hell up with this $*%@. Honestly.
laugh.gif

I usually let opinions be opinions but this is ridiculous.

LIL WAYNE IS NOT A LEGEND.

Just because he's your favorite rapper doesn't mean you should call him a legend.

When I think hip-hop legend I think, Pac, Big, Jay, Nas, Pun, Rakim, Wu-Tang, Outkast, LL, Slick Rick, Scarface, Big Daddy Kane, KRS-One, and a few others.

Being considered a legend is a huge honor and requires way more than the nonsense music Wayne has put out. He's done absolutely nothing to certify hisposition as a legend. You're really using the argument that whatever Wayne does is hot makes him a legend? Are you kidding me? Do you not realize the eraof rap music were in right now? Soulja Boy started a huge as dancing trend and he was hot for a while, anyone can be popular right now. Being "hot"or "starting trends" doesn't make you a legend. A legend certifies themselves into history in an elite group. Lil Wayne has done literallynothing to get himself a consideration of being called a legend.

Don't get me wrong, Carter 1 was a great album, Wayne has put out some good songs. But that's about it. He has some good music in his catalog, butCarter 3 was weak as hell. Any rapper that puts out Lollipop as a lead single for an album has to be kidding themselves. A pop song? Really?

Anyway I'm done typing because it's 3 AM and I'm under the influence and don't know if what I'm typing makes sense.
laugh.gif

But honestly, anyone that considers Wayne to be a legend or anywhere near it, slap yourself, you know absolutely nothing about hip-hop or what the hell alegend is.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

+1
laugh.gif

When I think hip-hop legend I think, Pac, Big, Jay, Nas, Pun, Rakim, Wu-Tang, Outkast, LL, Slick Rick, Scarface, Big Daddy Kane, KRS-One, and a few others.

But honestly, anyone that considers Wayne to be a legend or anywhere near it, slap yourself, you know absolutely nothing about hip-hop or what the hell a legend is.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

anyone that considers Wayne to be a legend or anywhere near it, slap yourself, you know absolutely nothing about hip-hop or what the hell a legend is.

That's all there is to it.

Hip Hop has changed since its conception. Ten years ago, if Wayne were to put out the same material he wouldn't be a legend but in Hip Hop's currentstate, Wayne is a legend. That's not even debatable. The only thing to argue here is then vs. now but that still doesn't take away from the fact thatWayne is the best at what Hip Hop has become.

Idk if he's a legend but whenever i hear a new freestyle from him.. i always think that if this was Eminem he would get the
eek.gif
while wayne get the
smh.gif

Like for example the "F Cubba Cubba Tubba" (Got it twisted freestyle)....if that was Wayne alot of NT would of hated on it... seriously

Originally Posted by LDJ

Normally when people say @%%% like this they add a lol jk. Yo $#* was just gon leave this statement like that ha? That's how you feeling this Saturday night ha?
smh.gif

I mean im all for open opinion and free speech and all but no1 can really consider lil wayne a rock artist and a hall of fame rock artist at that. This gottabe some sarcasm ah something.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

smh.gif

I mean im all for open opinion and free speech and all but no1 can really consider lil wayne a rock artist and a hall of fame rock artist at that. This gotta be some sarcasm ah something.
they thought you were sayin once he releases the rock album he can be hailed with the likes of jimi hendrix
laugh.gif

LuigiTheKing wrote:

OneLifeLoveKing wrote:

+1
laugh.gif

But honestly, anyone that considers Wayne to be a legend or anywhere near it, slap yourself, you know absolutely nothing about hip-hop or what the hell a legend is.

I somewhat agree with both of you. As far as big rakim slick rick etc, they are all legends true. But the thing is they are all legends in the hip-hopcommunity only. They are not legendary rap artist. What i mean is outside hardcore hip-hop fans etc they have no legacy. Will Smith may not be a legend in thehip-hop community but he will be a hip hop legend. He will be known is more known and has more noteriety than slick rick,than rakim, than punetc... just off his success and transition to tv and movies alone.

Like master p may not be a legend to the hip hop community, but he will be a legendary rap artist just off what he did in the game(79 million records sold in alil over a yr, even tho he says 1 yr) The deals and acquisitions that he made.

Like i said tim duncan will be/hell he is a legend in the basketball community. But outside of players coaches etc of the league and ppl who follow the nba, hewont be seen as a legend. In all honesty he probably will be forgotten.

Is wayne the man, yes he is right now, is he a legend in the hip hop community yes(whether the backpackers, railriders etc like it or not) But to say he hastranscended into a unanimous rap superstar its hard to say. He been on the top of the hill for a good 4 or 5 yrs. But like others have mentioned this hashappen 2 a many of rap artist. Will 30 yrs from now when u ask a random person to name 5 rappers period. We know pac will be mentioned snoop will be mentionedjay z and possible puffy(again just off his huge impact marketing and business wise) Dont know if wayne will be said.

Like i said before jordan is a unanimous legendary bball player. Whether u like bball, an avid fan, or dont follow bball not even into the sport. If u saybball jordan ill be mentioned. And ppl who dont follow the sport know things about jordan and aspects of his career. Key example my great greatgrandmother(r.i.p) I remember being a kid and she was late 90's at the time. I remember visiting her on her bday with my authenic mj championship jerseyand my ajXI breds. She knew what kinda shoes i had on and who mj was. I was shocked cause she didnt really watch anything outside religious programming etc.Yet she knew basic things bout jordan like his shoes his number the # of championhips he won.

I said all that to say is wayne at that point where some1 any whether in hip hop community or not. Whether they are a fan of the music or hate it. Can come upto them and say u know lil wayne and they know some of his tracks and basically have a familiarity with him. Yes for the moment he does but will he continue 2have universally known songs, like lollipop.

Its like as great as outkast are, outside the hip hop community, they will be known as oh yea the dudes who made heya. To us avid hip-hop fans we could name astrong 30-40 songs from these guys.

All im saying wayne has 1 superstar universally accepted album. Will he continue this, hard to say. We will just have 2 wait and see

Back
Top Bottom