Is Wayne a legend? Or will he ever be?

Originally Posted by LDJ

IncredibleEv wrote:
i love how some of yall really think tangible things like album sales, singles dropped, etc. are what makes you a legend. Biggie a legend and dude dropped 2 albums

It doesnt make u a legend. Notoriety, popularity, and general census make u a legend. Like whether u follow bball into it, or no when u ask the general public average person basketball who name comes to mind more then likely it will be michael jordan. That is not the case with biggie. Is he one of my favorite rappers ever yes, but he is a legend in the hip hop community and the hip hop community ONLY. People tend to forget the hip hop community isnt the general census of the world.

Biggie name isnt synonymous with rap. Ask the average person rap and they think pac they think snoop. Thats a fact. Like allen iverson will be a legend in the basketball world but as a whole he wont be a legend. Its like earl "the goat" he is a legend in the nyc streetball scene, he isnt a bball legend. When u think bball his name isnt the first to come to the majorities mind. Does that mean he couldnt/could ball no. Like i said before when u say golf tiger name gets mentioned. When u say blues bb king name comes first to mind, whether u own every work of blues/jazz from muddy waters to etta james/billy holliday or never listened 2 a blues/jazz record in ur life. \

Ppl gotta think outside the burrough/box. The world doesnt revolve around the particular genre of rap music u like. 8ball and MJG will be seen as legends in the rap community,moreso southern rap community doesnt mean they are legends period.

I liked bdp, but it would be foolish for me 2 say they are undeniable world renown artist. That is what a legend is. As far as are there any in the rap game ..... yes, but quite a few seein 1. rap is a very young and premature genre of music, and 2 its just now becoming world recognized by others outside of the hip hop community. Wayne isnt there yet.

Is he one of the most well known established artist in the game...yes.But thats for right now at this moment. Whose to say when its all said and done when u ask random ppl to name a rapper off the top of ur head will they say lil wayne. like mj = pop. Some other ppl might be in the limelight for now brittan spears etc but when its all said and done when some1 says pop music more often then none mj name will be the first mentioned.

BIG and Pac are legends but that's mainly because of their respective deaths. The ONLY legend in hip hop by your definition(which I agree with) though isJay. I think hip hop fans got spoiled because you got Big, Pac, Nas, and Jay within about 5 years of each other. So now anyone who's good and sells issomehow a legend. Being a legend goes way beyond being great and I wouldn't even call Wayne great. I mean his most memorable song is Lollipop. He'svery good yes but still has much to accomplish before this conversation can be remotely valid

wait.. why are we even arguing whether hes going to be a legend or not.. its not like theres a rap hall of fame that he needs to join?

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by LDJ

IncredibleEv wrote:
i love how some of yall really think tangible things like album sales, singles dropped, etc. are what makes you a legend. Biggie a legend and dude dropped 2 albums

It doesnt make u a legend. Notoriety, popularity, and general census make u a legend. Like whether u follow bball into it, or no when u ask the general public average person basketball who name comes to mind more then likely it will be michael jordan. That is not the case with biggie. Is he one of my favorite rappers ever yes, but he is a legend in the hip hop community and the hip hop community ONLY. People tend to forget the hip hop community isnt the general census of the world.

Biggie name isnt synonymous with rap. Ask the average person rap and they think pac they think snoop. Thats a fact. Like allen iverson will be a legend in the basketball world but as a whole he wont be a legend. Its like earl "the goat" he is a legend in the nyc streetball scene, he isnt a bball legend. When u think bball his name isnt the first to come to the majorities mind. Does that mean he couldnt/could ball no. Like i said before when u say golf tiger name gets mentioned. When u say blues bb king name comes first to mind, whether u own every work of blues/jazz from muddy waters to etta james/billy holliday or never listened 2 a blues/jazz record in ur life. \

Ppl gotta think outside the burrough/box. The world doesnt revolve around the particular genre of rap music u like. 8ball and MJG will be seen as legends in the rap community,moreso southern rap community doesnt mean they are legends period.

I liked bdp, but it would be foolish for me 2 say they are undeniable world renown artist. That is what a legend is. As far as are there any in the rap game ..... yes, but quite a few seein 1. rap is a very young and premature genre of music, and 2 its just now becoming world recognized by others outside of the hip hop community. Wayne isnt there yet.

Is he one of the most well known established artist in the game...yes.But thats for right now at this moment. Whose to say when its all said and done when u ask random ppl to name a rapper off the top of ur head will they say lil wayne. like mj = pop. Some other ppl might be in the limelight for now brittan spears etc but when its all said and done when some1 says pop music more often then none mj name will be the first mentioned.

BIG and Pac are legends but that's mainly because of their respective deaths. The ONLY legend in hip hop by your definition(which I agree with) though is Jay. I think hip hop fans got spoiled because you got Big, Pac, Nas, and Jay within about 5 years of each other. So now anyone who's good and sells is somehow a legend. Being a legend goes way beyond being great and I wouldn't even call Wayne great. I mean his most memorable song is Lollipop. He's very good yes but still has much to accomplish before this conversation can be remotely valid

Truth especially about their deaths. I think pac wouldve been regardless same with big, but thats a what if kinda question. Great doesnt equal legend. Whetheri like it or not or enjoy willie nelson music, i cannot deny he is a legend..... period, and not just in the country music realm. Wayne hasnt hit that pinnacleyet. Will he ever who knows. But he is moving in the right direction to do so.

Its hard to be a legend as a rapper period. Rap music is relatively new and isnt even socially acceptable in the world in the grand scheme of things. Rap wouldhave 2 have a serious new outlook to ppl before just random great rap artist be seen as legends. NaS will be seen as a rap legend and a rap icon. But iseriously doubt he will be seen as a legend period. To many ppl will dissmiss it as he really isnt a artist, he does that jiggaboo music etc and so on.

wether you were born in the 1960's 1970's 1980's or 1990's.. if you were to ask any gender what they think about rap and who they listen to orwho's "hot" right now, the general concensus is going to say Wayne.'

NT hater's please dont say anything far-fetched to the comment i just posted above, be serious and really think to yourselves & prove me other-wise..

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

wether you were born in the 1960's 1970's 1980's or 1990's.. if you were to ask any gender what they think about rap and who they listen to or who's "hot" right now, the general concensus is going to say Wayne.'

NT hater's please dont say anything far-fetched to the comment i just posted above, be serious and really think to yourselves & prove me other-wise..

uhhh, no.

We're not hating. Hes just not that good enough to hit the legend status.

There is absolutely no way that lil wayne IS NOT a legend... he changed the game?. He is the game. rap follows him and makes it a trend. always.
wayne does it? its hot. simple as that. so i don't understand why this is an argument. You dont have to like him to agree with this.

NEIGHB0RH00D wrote:

wether you were born in the 1960's 1970's 1980's or 1990's.. if you were to ask any gender what they think about rap and who they listen to or who's "hot" right now, the general concensus is going to say Wayne.'

uhhh, no.

Again legend doesnt=greatest. Obama is gonna be a legend and go down in history just off the fact he is the 1st minority president. That fact doesnt changewhether he does a good or bad job. Years from now, decades from now, people arent gonna question his legacy and renown status based on approved/disapprovedbeliefs and policies. At the end of the day he still will be a legend and have a legacy, just off the fact he is the 1st black president period. Just as georgew. will be for the catastrophe that was 9-11. Its not like he is gonna be forgotten because of the negative impact and putrid results of his presidency.

Originally Posted by LDJ

NEIGHB0RH00D wrote:

DipsetGeneral wrote:

uhhh, no.

Again legend doesnt=greatest. Obama is gonna be a legend and go down in history just off the fact he is the 1st minority president. That fact doesnt change whether he does a good or bad job. Years from now, decades from now, people arent gonna question his legacy and renown status based on approved/disapproved beliefs and policies. At the end of the day he still will be a legend and have a legacy, just off the fact he is the 1st black president period. Just as george w. will be for the catastrophe that was 9-11. Its not like he is gonna be forgotten because of the negative impact and putrid results of his presidency.

Again, Legend doesn't = Popularity

Originally Posted by OneLifeLoveKing

There is absolutely no way that lil wayne IS NOT a legend... he changed the game?. He is the game. rap follows him and makes it a trend. always.
wayne does it? its hot. simple as that. so i don't understand why this is an argument. You dont have to like him to agree with this.

You seem to have wayne confused with Jay

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by LDJ

NEIGHB0RH00D wrote:

DipsetGeneral wrote:

uhhh, no.

Again legend doesnt=greatest. Obama is gonna be a legend and go down in history just off the fact he is the 1st minority president. That fact doesnt change whether he does a good or bad job. Years from now, decades from now, people arent gonna question his legacy and renown status based on approved/disapproved beliefs and policies. At the end of the day he still will be a legend and have a legacy, just off the fact he is the 1st black president period. Just as george w. will be for the catastrophe that was 9-11. Its not like he is gonna be forgotten because of the negative impact and putrid results of his presidency.

True but u do have 2 be popular and known to be a legend have a legacy. i could be the best bball player ever!!!.Unless some1 sees me play, or no i exist, nomy game how can i have a legacy. How could mj have a shoe legacy/ if no1 knew of or heard of his shoes. If nike wasnt a legend,have a legacy of shoes would weeven be on this board discussing this topic. How would niketalk even exist if no1 even heard of nike.

Does that mean i like every pair of aj shoes ever exist.... HELL No(last 4 or 5 yrs been kinda wack). But i cant say the shoe line isnt legendary and dont havea legacy that transcend past just the niketalk/shoe fanboys/collectors.

^
indifferent.gif
He is nowhere near GOAT. Shoot, hes not even on my top 10
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

NEIGHB0RH00D wrote:

LDJ wrote:

NEIGHB0RH00D wrote:

DipsetGeneral wrote:

uhhh, no.

True but u do have 2 be popular and known to be a legend have a legacy. i could be the best bball player ever!!!.Unless some1 sees me play, or no i exist, no my game how can i have a legacy. How could mj have a shoe legacy/ if no1 knew of or heard of his shoes. If nike wasnt a legend,have a legacy of shoes would we even be on this board discussing this topic. How would niketalk even exist if no1 even heard of nike.

Does that mean i like every pair of aj shoes ever exist.... HELL No(last 4 or 5 yrs been kinda wack). But i cant say the shoe line isnt legendary and dont have a legacy that transcend past just the niketalk/shoe fanboys/collectors.

But 50 back then was way popular and better then wayne now and people dont consider 50 a legend.
So for right now, wayne is not a legend. I will consider him a legend if he can stay relevant and improve his skills in the rap game.
Until then, he is not a legend in my book.

NEIGHB0RH00D wrote:
^
indifferent.gif
He is nowhere near GOAT. Shoot, hes not even on my top 10
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

NEIGHB0RH00D wrote:

LDJ wrote:

NEIGHB0RH00D wrote:

DipsetGeneral wrote:

uhhh, no.

True but u do have 2 be popular and known to be a legend have a legacy. i could be the best bball player ever!!!.Unless some1 sees me play, or no i exist, no my game how can i have a legacy. How could mj have a shoe legacy/ if no1 knew of or heard of his shoes. If nike wasnt a legend,have a legacy of shoes would we even be on this board discussing this topic. How would niketalk even exist if no1 even heard of nike.

Does that mean i like every pair of aj shoes ever exist.... HELL No(last 4 or 5 yrs been kinda wack). But i cant say the shoe line isnt legendary and dont have a legacy that transcend past just the niketalk/shoe fanboys/collectors.

But 50 back then was way popular and better then wayne now and people dont consider 50 a legend.
So for right now, wayne is not a legend. I will consider him a legend if he can stay relevant and improve his skills in the rap game.
Until then, he is not a legend in my book.

True i dont see either of them as a legend. I see Pac Diddy(more about what he did with rap, and his accolades accomplishments outside of the rap game.) Samegoes for cube. Snoop is legend status. Jay z, again more for what he did once he stepped his feet into the rap game.

you guys want to deny or refuse to accept that wayne's a legend now...you can't deny that he is for sure on his way
and to answer your question OP, yes he will be (Imo)

^ this all the way.. some NT haters refse to deny Wayne of any achievements because 1. their favorite artist doesn't get brought up. 2. Their favoriteartist isnt consistent and may not even make music at all. 3. Their favorite artist flopped with their last project. 4. Wayne's transition to ROCK &his auto-tune singing.

^ this all the way.. some NT haters refse to deny Wayne of any achievements because 1. their favorite artist doesn't get brought up. 2. Their favorite artist isnt consistent and may not even make music at all. 3. Their favorite artist flopped with their last project. 4. Wayne's transition to ROCK & his auto-tune singing.

LOL?

Dude you don't need skills to do auto-tune. Any idiot can sound decent with auto-tune. It makes people who can't sing sound somewhat bearable. AndROCK? Those songs were horrible. Dude is mumbling. Stop riding please.

^ this all the way..

some NT haters refse to deny Wayne of any achievements because
1. their favorite artist doesn't get brought up.
2. Their favorite artist isnt consistent and may not even make music at all.
3. Their favorite artist flopped with their last project.
4. Wayne's transition to ROCK & his auto-tune singing.

Wayne sucks at Rock. And this is coming from a former huge rock fan.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

^ this all the way.. some NT haters refse to deny Wayne of any achievements because 1. their favorite artist doesn't get brought up. 2. Their favorite artist isnt consistent and may not even make music at all. 3. Their favorite artist flopped with their last project. 4. Wayne's transition to ROCK & his auto-tune singing.

LOL?

Dude you don't need skills to do auto-tune. Any idiot can sound decent with auto-tune. It makes people who can't sing sound somewhat bearable. And ROCK? Those songs were horrible. Dude is mumbling. Stop riding please.

bro, ill stop "riding" if you stop hatin' on a nigro, thats a weak emotion, the lady of a nigro...

Biggie62 wrote:

OneLifeLoveKing wrote:

LOL?

Dude you don't need skills to do auto-tune. Any idiot can sound decent with auto-tune. It makes people who can't sing sound somewhat bearable. And ROCK? Those songs were horrible. Dude is mumbling. Stop riding please.

True there doesnt take a vast skill of vocals 2 sound decent on auto-tune. But it still take talent and intuitiveness to be successful and market the music. Ifany1 could just do it and be successful at it every1 would be doing it and being successful. Ive heard plenty of people make auto-tune tracks that were wackgot no love, and cds end up being coasters.

Iuno bout rockstar status i mean he hasnt even released a rock album. Until then lets not hail him with some of the greats like jimi hendrix just yet.

Back
Top Bottom