Islamic Hate Schools in Britain vol. yes, another one of these and you SHOULD CARE

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

This is what goes on behind the closed doors of many "faith schools" in Britain...About 700 out of 2000 Islamic faith schools teach this brand of Islam in Britain...

Ironically, I think Helen Lovejoy said it best.� "Won't somebody please think of the children?!"

Tell me why I we should be tolerant of these kinds of beliefs.
your not fooling anyone. this is only about you.  I also feel that no one should be taught to hate any other...but if we feed you enough this will end up as "why should I...i mean WE...tolerate religion in general?"
It's a one-trick pony, get on with your life.

This is what goes on behind the closed doors of many "faith schools" in Britain...About 700 out of 2000 Islamic faith schools teach this brand of Islam in Britain...

Ironically, I think Helen Lovejoy said it best.� "Won't somebody please think of the children?!"

your not fooling anyone. this is only about you.  I also feel that no one should be taught to hate any other...but if we feed you enough this will end up as "why should I...i mean WE...tolerate religion in general?"

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

Dunno why, but I loled at "the Britain".
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I was gonna write the UK.

but
30t6p3b.gif
no one condemning this.

We can't even criticize Islam without being labeled racists now? What the hell....
eyes.gif
Criticize Islam? No. Criticize these particular groups? Yes. Either way though, it's not gonna end well. 
Even if I am criticizing these groups, it's still not racism.  I argue the opposite.  They are indoctrinated after birth. 

Why is this issue off-limits to discussion or criticism?  because they are religious beliefs? pfffbbbtt.
eyes.gif

No you're not.  You're assuming that ALL of Islam is represented by these 700 or so faith schools, even when you acknowlege in your OP that 700 of 2000 (obviously not all) schools teach this type of curriculum.

Right, where did I say or imply that all Muslims are like the ones in the report?
I explicitly said that 700 out of 2000 faith schools teach this brand of Islam.  The majority do not.  

???
I mean... maybe you're right.  I didn't give you a fair shake.  But when you said...

"Tell me why I we should be tolerant of these kinds of beliefs."

I assumed that you meant beliefs = teachings of Islam, not beliefs = teachings of those particular schools

In my own defense (and that of others) I think its easy to see why one might assume you are talking about Islam as a whole, and not just those schools.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

Dunno why, but I loled at "the Britain".
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I was gonna write the UK.

but
30t6p3b.gif
no one condemning this.

We can't even criticize Islam without being labeled racists now? What the hell....
eyes.gif
Criticize Islam? No. Criticize these particular groups? Yes. Either way though, it's not gonna end well. 
Even if I am criticizing these groups, it's still not racism.  I argue the opposite.  They are indoctrinated after birth. 

Why is this issue off-limits to discussion or criticism?  because they are religious beliefs? pfffbbbtt.
eyes.gif

No you're not.  You're assuming that ALL of Islam is represented by these 700 or so faith schools, even when you acknowlege in your OP that 700 of 2000 (obviously not all) schools teach this type of curriculum.

Right, where did I say or imply that all Muslims are like the ones in the report?
I explicitly said that 700 out of 2000 faith schools teach this brand of Islam.  The majority do not.  

???
I mean... maybe you're right.  I didn't give you a fair shake.  But when you said...

"Tell me why I we should be tolerant of these kinds of beliefs."

I assumed that you meant beliefs = teachings of Islam, not beliefs = teachings of those particular schools

In my own defense (and that of others) I think its easy to see why one might assume you are talking about Islam as a whole, and not just those schools.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Human beings, smh
30t6p3b.gif

Stop being racist against Africans man.  You should know better.  You're Nigerian.  Stop being reverse-racist as well man.
Stop hating yourself!

2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

Human beings, smh
30t6p3b.gif

Stop being racist against Africans man.  You should know better.  You're Nigerian.  Stop being reverse-racist as well man.
Stop hating yourself!

2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

Its That Dude wrote:

Cultural relativism is hard to achieve because everyone has their judgements. I'm pretty open-minded, but I don't tolerate others who aren't tolerant. Hence, I don't put up with this video's display. We have to remember that this does not reflect ALL muslims. Thinking otherwise, my friends, would be just as bad as the treatment shown.

Its That Dude wrote:

Cultural relativism is hard to achieve because everyone has their judgements. I'm pretty open-minded, but I don't tolerate others who aren't tolerant. Hence, I don't put up with this video's display. We have to remember that this does not reflect ALL muslims. Thinking otherwise, my friends, would be just as bad as the treatment shown.

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

Originally Posted by NLoc

remember they claim they are a religion of peace

what do u mean claim? it's fact buddy, have u ever researched the religion...

yes I have researched the religion......and it is both, how it is interpreted is in the hands of men. The koran is written by men, and interpreted by men. Hence the utterly disgusting behaviors we have witnessed in this video.
sick.gif

There are messages of violence, hatred and mysogyny in the Koran as well as messages of peace.

yes I have researched the religion......and it is both, how it is interpreted is in the hands of men. The koran is written by men, and interpreted by men. Hence the utterly disgusting behaviors we have witnessed in this video.
sick.gif

There are messages of violence, hatred and mysogyny in the Koran as well as messages of peace.

This is horrible
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif
@ letting the kids beat each other up and then joining in.

That female reporter was fine as @@%$

This is horrible
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif
@ letting the kids beat each other up and then joining in.

That female reporter was fine as @@%$

sick.gif

First of all the quran teaches a way of life. it covers all aspects. sometimes people go to war, and violence is necessary. but overall the message is tolerance, hence the retaking of jerusalem my the muslim community after being massacred. that is exactly what we're expected to do, although our religion does allow for getting even against those directly who wronged us. I know ur not christain, but im just using an example. although a lot the points the lecturer in video makes are true some are completely false. We taught not to act like kaffirs(which is not a derogatory imo) meaning the bad stuff they do. for example, should i go out and drink with my christain buddies and do the things they do that is against my religion, no. but can i have christain friends, yes. i go to a christain school btw and i'm actually encouraged to learn about other religions and ask questions about mine when they have come up.

sick.gif

First of all the quran teaches a way of life. it covers all aspects. sometimes people go to war, and violence is necessary. but overall the message is tolerance, hence the retaking of jerusalem my the muslim community after being massacred. that is exactly what we're expected to do, although our religion does allow for getting even against those directly who wronged us. I know ur not christain, but im just using an example. although a lot the points the lecturer in video makes are true some are completely false. We taught not to act like kaffirs(which is not a derogatory imo) meaning the bad stuff they do. for example, should i go out and drink with my christain buddies and do the things they do that is against my religion, no. but can i have christain friends, yes. i go to a christain school btw and i'm actually encouraged to learn about other religions and ask questions about mine when they have come up.

sick.gif

drinking is not the worst thing a human being can do to another human being. the lack of perspective inherent in some religious people makes me
mad.gif
. You are no better or worse than said "kafirs" and there is ample proof in muslim culture to prove this.

like the bible the koran has a lot of violence and perpetuates crimes against humanity, i'm not singling out islam in this regard.

bad stuff they do....you gotta be kidding
eyes.gif

sick.gif

drinking is not the worst thing a human being can do to another human being. the lack of perspective inherent in some religious people makes me
mad.gif
. You are no better or worse than said "kafirs" and there is ample proof in muslim culture to prove this.

like the bible the koran has a lot of violence and perpetuates crimes against humanity, i'm not singling out islam in this regard.

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

so we all should ignore this?
religious fundamentalism is on the rise, and we should ignore it?

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

so we all should ignore this?
religious fundamentalism is on the rise, and we should ignore it?

sick.gif

mad.gif

eyes.gif
with all due respect, you don't have as extensive knowledge about islam as you may think.
1st of all, let me clear up some misconceptions. Kafirs are not simply non-muslims, In the Quran in chapter 17:15, it says that people who have not been exposed to a messenger of God are not to be punished on the day of judgement, this implies that only the people who have been exposed to the truth and have made the willful decision to deny the truth, are the ones who will be punished by god. Not that we have the right to judge other people, but I will get to that later.

2nd of all, no human being on earth is ISLAMICALLY given the prerogative to tell someone or insinuate that someone is going to hell, this is not up to us, this is not our duty, it is solely up to god. the mere thought of judging someone else, unless it is out of genuine concern for your fellow muslim or human, is not allowed. Some would discourage the use of the "k-word" all-together * This is the opinion of Abdallah Adhami, a scholar who has attained the highest degree and recognition possible in relating Hadith, or relating Prophetic stories and accounts, and this is the opinion that I adhere to.

3rd of all, Islam is an introspective religion, this is why we spend time in prayer 5 times a day and why prayer in the night is so strongly encouraged... the Quran is a book that we are supposed to read and contemplate about how we are living our lives, not how someone else is living theirs. It has been said that a true muslim is harshest upon himself and merciful to others.

Scholars who preach and practice Islam according to the tradition of Muhammad(PBUH) like Hamza Yusuf, Abdul Hakim Murad, Zaid Shakir, Abdallah Adhami... and countless others preach a message of tolerance to non-muslims, athiests, even to Homosexuals. I have been a muslim my whole life (19 yrs), I was raised in the SF Bay Area and now I live in NYC, and I have been a  frequent Mosque-goer my entire life and I can say that 99% of Muslims I have dealt with... including Imams and shaikhs, preach tolerance, kindness and understanding.
If you don't believe me, check out these guys on youtube
Hamza Yusuf, Abdallah Adhami, Khalid Latif, Suhaib Webb, Zaid Shakir, Osama Cannon...

BTW, I am not a part of some mystical branch of Islam, I am a Sunni, orthodox Muslim (this is the biggest group of Muslims)

I hope you respond to this with an open mind. Keep in mind this is a discussion about Islam not being a religion of hate, not a discussion of whether or not God is real, so please don't bring up the existence of God in your response... to you unto your beliefs and to me, are mine... to each his own
Peace

sick.gif

mad.gif

eyes.gif
with all due respect, you don't have as extensive knowledge about islam as you may think.
1st of all, let me clear up some misconceptions. Kafirs are not simply non-muslims, In the Quran in chapter 17:15, it says that people who have not been exposed to a messenger of God are not to be punished on the day of judgement, this implies that only the people who have been exposed to the truth and have made the willful decision to deny the truth, are the ones who will be punished by god. Not that we have the right to judge other people, but I will get to that later.

2nd of all, no human being on earth is ISLAMICALLY given the prerogative to tell someone or insinuate that someone is going to hell, this is not up to us, this is not our duty, it is solely up to god. the mere thought of judging someone else, unless it is out of genuine concern for your fellow muslim or human, is not allowed. Some would discourage the use of the "k-word" all-together * This is the opinion of Abdallah Adhami, a scholar who has attained the highest degree and recognition possible in relating Hadith, or relating Prophetic stories and accounts, and this is the opinion that I adhere to.

3rd of all, Islam is an introspective religion, this is why we spend time in prayer 5 times a day and why prayer in the night is so strongly encouraged... the Quran is a book that we are supposed to read and contemplate about how we are living our lives, not how someone else is living theirs. It has been said that a true muslim is harshest upon himself and merciful to others.

Scholars who preach and practice Islam according to the tradition of Muhammad(PBUH) like Hamza Yusuf, Abdul Hakim Murad, Zaid Shakir, Abdallah Adhami... and countless others preach a message of tolerance to non-muslims, athiests, even to Homosexuals. I have been a muslim my whole life (19 yrs), I was raised in the SF Bay Area and now I live in NYC, and I have been a  frequent Mosque-goer my entire life and I can say that 99% of Muslims I have dealt with... including Imams and shaikhs, preach tolerance, kindness and understanding.
Hamza Yusuf, Abdallah Adhami, Khalid Latif, Suhaib Webb, Zaid Shakir, Osama Cannon...

BTW, I am not a part of some mystical branch of Islam, I am a Sunni, orthodox Muslim (this is the biggest group of Muslims)

I hope you respond to this with an open mind. Keep in mind this is a discussion about Islam not being a religion of hate, not a discussion of whether or not God is real, so please don't bring up the existence of God in your response... to you unto your beliefs and to me, are mine... to each his own
Peace

Originally Posted by TeeOh Owens

the world would be a much better place without any type of religion.

Co-sign...
As a former Muslim I was beaten by an Imam in Brooklyn (as a child).

I believe in God but religion is a product of man. Religion just clouds peoples minds and disallows people to approach life with the necessary objectivity they need to see the world for what it truly is.

Originally Posted by TeeOh Owens

the world would be a much better place without any type of religion.

Co-sign...
As a former Muslim I was beaten by an Imam in Brooklyn (as a child).

I believe in God but religion is a product of man. Religion just clouds peoples minds and disallows people to approach life with the necessary objectivity they need to see the world for what it truly is.

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

sick.gif

mad.gif

eyes.gif

I hope you respond to this with an open mind. Keep in mind this is a discussion about Islam being a religion of peace, not a discussion of whether or not God is real, so please don't bring up the existence of God in your response... to you unto your beliefs and to me, are mine... to each his own
Peace

You just wasted your breath typing this, simple reading comprehension would reveal that I think there is tolerance in Islam that can be supported by the Koran. Like you have just expressed. Religion is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and the side you get depends on the interpreter. For every tolerant muslim, there is another one preaching hatred and raising another generation of intolerant, angry, violent people. I know there are muslims who tolerate homosexuality, but there are many who support violence and death as punishment for homosexual acts.

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

sick.gif

mad.gif

eyes.gif

I hope you respond to this with an open mind. Keep in mind this is a discussion about Islam being a religion of peace, not a discussion of whether or not God is real, so please don't bring up the existence of God in your response... to you unto your beliefs and to me, are mine... to each his own
Peace

You just wasted your breath typing this, simple reading comprehension would reveal that I think there is tolerance in Islam that can be supported by the Koran. Like you have just expressed. Religion is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and the side you get depends on the interpreter. For every tolerant muslim, there is another one preaching hatred and raising another generation of intolerant, angry, violent people. I know there are muslims who tolerate homosexuality, but there are many who support violence and death as punishment for homosexual acts.

Back
Top Bottom