Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

Israel appeared to have a genuine interest in peace post-Oslo for a brief moment (as did the Palestinians) but the far right simply had too much power and was not going to truly let it happen

I don't know Arafat's exact motivations (does anyone?) but it would truly be a world historical tragedy if the reason there’s still no peace is that he didn't want to give up his corruption gravy train

I do not understand this narrative and I find it very skewed as what is often conveniently left out of the story is what exactly these “offers” entailed for the Palestinians. Every single deal given to Palestinians has limited the sovereignty of the state to such an extent that it can not be genuinely regarded as independent. Furthermore, it has rendered the state practically ungovernable as a single entity.

Every single offer given to Palestinians has proposed a Palestinian "state" without the ability to protect itself whatsoever, no sovereignty over all resources, no sovereignty over the airspace, borders or the ability to decide its own international alliances without Israels permission. If your country could not protect itself, didn't have sovereignty over its waters and airspace, couldn't decide for itself, its international alliance, I highly doubt you would argue you had independence.

How could anyone accept a state where they don’t even have control over their own capital or not allowed to have their own military? This is how all of the “generous” Israeli peace offers play out by the Israeli and Western narrative. The majority of people who hear about this on the news have no clue what the parameters of the offer are.

Us Palestinians are glad Arafat and others never accepted those shady, scrap proposals.

“Scores of people — some with dual nationalities and other seriously injured Palestinians — arrived in Egypt on Wednesday, a border official said, after the Gaza border was opened under an international agreement to allow a few categories of people to cross. They were the first such exits from Gaza since the start of the war between Hamas and Israel.

Ambulances shuttled 76 critically injured people and members of their families into Egypt from Gaza, said Wael Abu Mohsen, a spokesman for the Gaza side of the Rafah border crossing. Gravely wounded Palestinians were being taken to nearby hospitals in Egypt, Gazan health officials said.

Six buses carrying 335 more evacuees left Gaza and had arrived at the border crossing, Mr. Mohsen said. It remained unclear if they had entered Egypt.

… The crossings came after a deal negotiated late Tuesday among Israel, Egypt, Hamas, the United States and Qatar. Egypt was preparing to receive hundreds of people on Wednesday, according to Western diplomats in Cairo and Jerusalem and the Gaza authorities. American citizens are not expected to be among Wednesday’s evacuees, other than those working for certain aid groups, but they are slated to follow in batches later in the week, three of the diplomats said. …”

According to reports/writings from negotiators who were at Camp David, he was worried about how the Arab world would see him if he agreed to peace, which wasn't delusional at the time, considering how many peacemakers have been assassinated by people from their own side.

Ya, but those deals were absolute crap, and a trap, with no actual fully realized sovereignty and independence for Palestinians as a viable sovereign state.

Ya, but those deals were absolute crap, and a trap, with no actual fully realized sovereignty and independence for Palestinians as a viable sovereign state.
So, why did Arafat not make a counteroffer at Camp David?

Why wait until Taba, when Clinton was leaving office? Ehud Barak wasn't going to win the elections against Sharon after the failure of Camp David. And Arafat knew that with the right-wing (Likud)/left-wing (Labor) revolving door that was the Israeli leadership at the time (Peres-Bibi-Barak-Sharon), right-wingers were never going to talk to the Palestinian leadership.
How could anyone accept a state where they don’t even have control over their own capital or not allowed to have their own military?
The Japanese did after Americans dropped two nuclear bombs on them. Americans even rewrote their constitution.

80 years later, they're rebuilding their offensive capabilities with the blessing of the US:

The move follows years of efforts by the United States to persuade Japan to assume more responsibility for its own defense, particularly as a bulwark against China's rising military might and threats against Taiwan.

In a statement, U.S. National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan called the shift "a bold and historic step to strengthen and defend the free and open Indo-Pacific."

The more and more I learn about this “conflict”

The crazier I become- wondering how the world has been asleep this whole time.

Man after Israelis bombed that refugee camp for 1 hamas guy they cant even confirm if they got him is wild making it very hard to defend anything israel is doing smh very dumbass move just creating more issues

At least 9,227 Palestinians were killed, including 3,826 children, in Israeli strikes on Gaza since October 7, the health ministry in Hamas-controlled Gaza said on Friday.

sad this ^^ many people has died in less than a month smh.

The more and more I learn about this “conflict”

The crazier I become- wondering how the world has been asleep this whole time.

Dont go looking at the Yemen war what the Saudis are doing to them is the same thing the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians

Extremely fiery speech by Nasrallah live right now, promises Hezbollah will further escalate actions against Israel

Extremely fiery speech by Nasrallah live right now, promises Hezbollah will further escalate actions against Israel

you got the translated version?

edit

nevermind found it skip to 12 mins horrible interpreter tho

Back
Top Bottom