Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

Right. Hamas is definitely the worse offenders, but Netanyahu has been flagrant as hell encroaching in Palestinian territory AND displacing them at that. He obviously has little regard for Palestinians. Hamas definitely should be classified as terrorists and you can’t work with them seriously as a governing body, but Netanyahu is provoking them a lot as of late. Ugly on both sides and innocent people are going to suffer, more so for the Palestinian. I just was peace in that region and I wish that Jerusalem could be shared for both harmoniously, but we know that presently, Israel does NOT want that to happen.

I'm curious as to what metric you're using when you throw out a statement like "Hamas is definitely the worse offenders"

I think people say "Hamas is the worse offender" for one of two reasons

1. Islamophobia
2. They've been conditioned to believe that the more brutal, up close and personal, seemingly primitive terrorist attacks are somehow more devastating than the state sponsored, remote type. Which can also fall under category 1 TBH.

Any type of targeting of innocent civilians, no matter what form, is the same. IMO. Remove the imagery and put emotions to the side and it's really all the same.

I think people say "Hamas is the worse offender" for one of two reasons

1. Islamophobia
2. They've been conditioned to believe that the more brutal, up close and personal, seemingly primitive terrorist attacks are somehow more devastating than the state sponsored, remote type. Which can also fall under category 1 TBH.

Any type of targeting of innocent civilians, no matter what form, is the same. IMO. Remove the imagery and put emotions to the side and it's really all the same.

And recency bias

IMG_0294.jpeg

A highly silly comparison.

If Ukrainian forces were doing terrorism in Moscow they'd be in big trouble.

Only way this ends is if a security council decides what happens instead of Israelis and Palestinians. It’s the problem with these conflicts - there’s no way to end it - just a continuity of escalation and violence for decades. There’s no concept of “fair” resolution it’s a mine vs yours tribal mentality that is the backbone of human nature. And usually the bigger more tech advanced tribe gets to write the narrative of how the conflict is perceived.

when did you stop beating your wife?

like who here supports settlements?
Settlements are controversial even with Israeli's citizens.

Settlements are bad, terrorism is bad.

both can be true.
That post wasn't in response to you

Beating my wife huh. Interesting comment to make

not looking good for Bibi.

That’s interesting that they had the info beforehand

Not saying Israel caused this attack

They definitely are taking advantage of it though- now they will take whatever’s left of Palestine for themselves

I'm curious as to what metric you're using when you throw out a statement like "Hamas is definitely the worse offenders"
Kidnappings, suicide bombing, and indiscriminate rocket attacks deliberately in civilian populations. I’ve been reading about them since I was a teenager I stand with PLO instead as they seek peace and not go after innocent people on purpose.

Wont be shocked if China goes in on Taiwan now, to make the cypher complete.
China’s military is still lacking a competent central command and has never carried out a successful amphibious assault nor a big one in any scale. A move that bold would stymie them even more economically. They already have to worry about their economy starting to tank with countries pulling their businesses and manufacturing in Vietnam and India instead, it would wise for them so handle that urgent problem instead.

China’s military is still lacking a competent central command and has never carried out a successful amphibious assault nor a big one in any scale. A move that bold would stymie them even more economically. They already have to worry about their economy starting to tank with countries pulling their businesses and manufacturing in Vietnam and India instead, it would wise for them so handle that urgent problem instead.

Sanctions alone would cripple China. Is a net importer of natural goods.

Russia is able to survive all these sanctions becuase they actually export quite a bit of natural goods.

Back
Top Bottom