Issue with Shoe Palace.. HELP?

I ordered a pair of shoes from them 2 weeks ago and they sent me the wrong pair. I contacted them via email which they barely responded to. They then proceeded to tell me i had to pay to ship back the wrong shoes (stupid in my opinion)

sent them tracking and was told i would be refunded in full and possibly be refunded the $18.65 for the return shipping.

They have not answered a single email in over a week since the shoes were delivered back to them.

any Shoe palace employees or someone here?

i urge you all to stay away from that scam website, SMH

Yeah fam, their CS is not all that great when returning shoes, especially new releases like Jordan's.

Refunds can take from 8-10 business days, not including weekends, from the date they receive and inspect the return.
Most often they will hit you with a $6.99 restocking fee for regular merchandise such as Adidas, Reebok, Converse, etc, or hit you with a $15 restocking fee for JB, Nike, etc; newly released items. Make sure to keep the email stating they will refund the shipping cost since they made the mistake, and keep you tracking and order number in case they need it again.

My return experience:
In July, I had purchased a pair of preschool Jordan V's (white) for my nephew, but he didn't like them so when I shipped them back for a refund, I had to pay for the return shipping costs and I was hit with a $15 restocking fee :smh: Then it took about two weeks to get the refund back on my card. They said it takes about 8-10 business days, not including weekends, to process the refund. They said the merchandise had to be inspected first, then they would process the refund.

Anyway, I agree with you that you shouldn't have to pay to ship them back since they made the mistake, nor should you get hit with either the $6.99 or $15 restocking fee.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
they never told me a restocking fee.... for their mistake

i paid with paypal. i just opened a dispute but i want my money back like now. i dont feel like possibly waiting 30+ days because of paypal but this is ridiculous

So you ordered from the Jordan retailer that is the most sketchy to begin with and now are asking for them to do the right thing . LMAO . Ain't happening bro .

So you ordered from the Jordan retailer that is the most sketchy to begin with and now are asking for them to do the right thing . LMAO . Ain't happening bro .

they are sketchy?

first time purchasing from them but i see everyone on here posting links and buying from them...

[/quote]

they are sketchy?

first time purchasing from them but i see everyone on here posting links and buying from them...

Shoe Palace is a legit retailer (technically) when it comes to JB merchandise and they have brick & mortar spots too. Shoe Palace sucks because:

1) They tend to markup releases reseller style despite having a regular JB account. Jordan releases are the usual targets but they will markup anticipated releases from Nike and other brands too.

2) The return policy. You're learning about the website but the physical stores are garbage too. They don't do returns but will only do exchanges for store credit and they will cheat you on that too. About a year ago, I bought a pair of Superfly 2s that were on sale there ($85), didn't wear them, and exchanged them for Melo 10s that were marked down only $10 more than Superflys. They tried to make me pay another $35 for the exchange, which would've been a comeup for them. When I called them on it, the store manager gave me crackhead excuses. I wound up recouping by keeping the shoes and beat them into the ground so I could get a Nike voucher since Superfly 2s, Melo 10s, and Jordan XX8s are notorious for popping.

Shoe Palace is on the level of flea market/strip mall type urban stores as far as customer service and return/exchange policy goes. The physical store can have some finds at good prices but it's a gamble. Unless you're sure that you're getting what you want or you absolutely have no other options for releases, Shoe Palace shouldn't even be considered an option that's better than eBay.

Last edited:
Well regardless its the last time im dealing with them. Wish they would just refund my money so i can move on already. Now they have their item back and still holding my money :lol:

SMH

they are sketchy?

Yea they're sketchy. But back when I was into sneakers they used to let me take releases home a couple days before they released :pimp:

I also heard rumors back in the day that they padded their stock down with fakes or B grades.

They've also always been turrible with returns and exchanges.

Also one time I got wasted at a party in high school with a shoe palace employee and witnessed him get stomped out for a reason I don't remember.

they never told me a restocking fee.... for their mistake

i paid with paypal. i just opened a dispute but i want my money back like now. i dont feel like possibly waiting 30+ days because of paypal but this is ridiculous
Did you pay with a credit card? I would have filed a chargeback with your credit card company first so you get the provisional credit that same day. I did that on my Discover card and had my money back instantly.

As to your issue, you should never had agreed to pay return shipping costs. The seller screwed up the order so they should be held responsible for the shipping costs.

Last edited:
No I paid with PayPal balance

I wouldn't chargeback regardless through PayPal. I heard they close your PayPal after you do that so I'm straight

Shoe Palace has really **** after care service. If you have any issues with them it's a real hassle to figure out. All i can advise.... call their customer service number and get some help from someone. Remember their name so you don't get bounced around. You may even encounter the phone non stop ringing with no one picking up, but that's just how it is. You may have to call 10+ times before someone picks up.

No I paid with PayPal balance

I wouldn't chargeback regardless through PayPal. I heard they close your PayPal after you do that so I'm straight
I see. Nah I filed a chargeback through my credit card company a couple months ago on another product I ordered, and all PayPal required was to confirm a few things. I could see them closing if you are a seller and its instance where you lose the case.

But anyway, I hope it works out for you. I'm really surprised by the lack of customer service from SP considering they have some brick&mortar locations.

File a claim with the better business bureau.. That will make them want to take care of your issue

@zapatohead408  It's funny you should say that.  I bought the Double Nickel 10s on their recent restock back in Aug.  When they came, there were a couple of things off to me.  The right shoe was already creased and the stitching on the 45s is shaky to say the least.  Before I purchased the shoes I did some homework and found nothing about the site selling fakes.  I would have stayed far away from them If this thread existed a few weeks ago.  I have not worn them yet and I think I'm gonna file a claim with Paypal.

Would you chalk it up as a L, if it was your money ?

You're not wrong.

@zapatohead408
 It's funny you should say that.  I bought the Double Nickel 10s on their recent restock back in Aug.  When they came, there were a couple of things off to me.  The right shoe was already creased and the stitching on the 45s is shaky to say the least.  Before I purchased the shoes I did some homework and found nothing about the site selling fakes.  I would have stayed far away from them If this thread existed a few weeks ago.  I have not worn them yet and I think I'm gonna file a claim with Paypal.

I'd file that claim. Shoe Palace doesn't sell fakes but like I said before, they've got a shady exchange policy. Unless that was a defective pair from the jump, those could've been from a physical store that somebody exchanged.

@zapatohead408
 It's funny you should say that.  I bought the Double Nickel 10s on their recent restock back in Aug.  When they came, there were a couple of things off to me.  The right shoe was already creased and the stitching on the 45s is shaky to say the least.  Before I purchased the shoes I did some homework and found nothing about the site selling fakes.  I would have stayed far away from them If this thread existed a few weeks ago.  I have not worn them yet and I think I'm gonna file a claim with Paypal.
You're expecting LV quality from a Jordan GR bro..You are expecting too much for your $200..Eveyone wants the perfect pair of course. However you guys have to remember these things are hand assembled. Perfect pairs are like 10/1000. There WILL always be hiccups along the way..If we sat down and put together 1,000,000 pairs of something there would be a few errors as well..It is what it is. They are just shoes guys..Shoes that cost roughly $15 to produce..What do you want for $15 worth of material and craftsmanship?

If JB had to produce 3 million pairs to get 1 million perfect pairs to sell on RD as you guys expect - you would be paying $400 retail to offset the cost of the 2 million "bad" pairs. An then you're *****ing about the prices..

A crease or misstitch or small glue stain here and there is NORMAL EVERYDAY stuff guys...ALWAYS has been.

Last edited:
You're expecting LV quality from a Jordan GR bro..You are expecting too much for your $200..Eveyone wants the perfect pair of course. However you guys have to remember these things are hand assembled. Perfect pairs are like 10/1000. There WILL always be hiccups along the way..If we sat down and put together 1,000,000 pairs of something there would be a few errors as well..It is what it is. They are just shoes guys..Shoes that cost roughly $15 to produce..What do you want for $15 worth of material and craftsmanship?

If JB had to produce 3 million pairs to get 1 million perfect pairs to sell on RD as you guys expect - you would be paying $400 retail to offset the cost of the 2 million "bad" pairs. An then you're *****ing about the prices..

A crease or misstitch or small glue stain here and there is NORMAL EVERYDAY stuff guys...ALWAYS has been.
I get that...  But this is really sloppy.  

View media item 1717726

View media item 1717725

I get that...  But this is really sloppy.  
aih22kvdvuqzl8jpxe6r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom