IT IS OFFICIAL!!! THE WARRIORS ARE CURSED

Dude who outbid Larry Ellison probably did in fact over pay. But Cohan is out so not all is lost. Dude is a Bay Area guy and from one of the top VC/PE firms out there, so he probably knows how to install new management and success.

Dude who outbid Larry Ellison probably did in fact over pay. But Cohan is out so not all is lost. Dude is a Bay Area guy and from one of the top VC/PE firms out there, so he probably knows how to install new management and success.

That's too bad. I'm not a Warriors fan by any means, but living in the Bay Area and having to see their fanbase deal with an awful ownership made me sad. Hopefully this new group can bring you guys some success, but by the sound of it they're just another group looking to create income in a new area.

That's too bad. I'm not a Warriors fan by any means, but living in the Bay Area and having to see their fanbase deal with an awful ownership made me sad. Hopefully this new group can bring you guys some success, but by the sound of it they're just another group looking to create income in a new area.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

mad.gif
 Lock this up...ain't no "official."

No kidding, this is the most disgustingly overused word in Sports & Training... every thread has to be official? Like 15/20 threads on page 1 at any given time are supposedly official

Originally Posted by OneTrust

mad.gif
 Lock this up...ain't no "official."

No kidding, this is the most disgustingly overused word in Sports & Training... every thread has to be official? Like 15/20 threads on page 1 at any given time are supposedly official

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

This. We don't know how much this group wants to win, but we know that Cohan never had an interest in winning. That has at least changed.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

This. We don't know how much this group wants to win, but we know that Cohan never had an interest in winning. That has at least changed.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

could this be the group that wnats to move a team to vegas????
I thought so at first, but after reading a bit about the owners I don't see them doing it. The main guy, Lacob is from the Bay and has been a season ticket holder for a decade. I think the Bay Area is has too good a market to just up and leave to Vegas where they have to start from scratch. If a team does move there I would guess Sac because the owners are the Maloofs.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

could this be the group that wnats to move a team to vegas????
I thought so at first, but after reading a bit about the owners I don't see them doing it. The main guy, Lacob is from the Bay and has been a season ticket holder for a decade. I think the Bay Area is has too good a market to just up and leave to Vegas where they have to start from scratch. If a team does move there I would guess Sac because the owners are the Maloofs.

I'm hearing that Larry Ellison actually outbid the Mandalay owners by a few million before the deadline was up. Anybody with more info on that? If true then I really just think Cohan gave the proverbial F U to both the GSW fans and Ellison.

I'm hearing that Larry Ellison actually outbid the Mandalay owners by a few million before the deadline was up. Anybody with more info on that? If true then I really just think Cohan gave the proverbial F U to both the GSW fans and Ellison.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

yeah, theres some truth to that. Numerous reports were saying Ellison provided the highest bid, yet Cohan still went with someone else.

*kanye shrug*

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

yeah, theres some truth to that. Numerous reports were saying Ellison provided the highest bid, yet Cohan still went with someone else.

*kanye shrug*

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I've been saying that same thing. You'd be foolish to leave the Bay Area market.

Co-sign. You got to be the dumbest business man to leave an area of almost 7,000,000 people.

Bay heads, relax. Ain't nobody going to move the team. If anything, it's crossing the bridge - and that's where the buck stops.

Back
Top Bottom