It just hit me...Kanye is a genius.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

All the hate now is pointless, this guy is our Michael Jackson, our Prince, and sadly it might not be realized for another 20 years...
See See See... Its comments like this ... That is some seriously blasphemous %@@ speech right there dude. I mean how does your mind even allow you to think some %@@ backwards $%$@ like this??? I can't even take your opinon on music serious anymore
tired.gif
smh.gif
you can say that, but who is then? Everything about Kanye is the Prince or MJ of this generation.
indifferent.gif
stop looking for another Prince or MJ... there will never be one.
keep the stoneface to yourself dude. it's a comparison. if i say Eddie Vedder is the Bruce Springsteen of this generation am i saying he'sbetter? no, i'm saying that is a comparable artist...

All the hate now is pointless, this guy is our Michael Jackson, our Prince, and sadly it might not be realized for another 20 years...
See See See... Its comments like this ... That is some seriously blasphemous %@@ speech right there dude. I mean how does your mind even allow you to think some %@@ backwards $%$@ like this??? I can't even take your opinon on music serious anymore
tired.gif
smh.gif
you can say that, but who is then? Everything about Kanye is the Prince or MJ of this generation.
indifferent.gif
keep the stoneface to yourself dude. it's a comparison. if i say Eddie Vedder is the Bruce Springsteen of this generation am i saying he's better? no, i'm saying that is a comparable artist...
its not even comparable though! why would you even attempt to make that comparison?

i could say Ron Hubbard is the Jesus of our generation and Tom Cruise is Apostle Paul... that doesn't mean that the comparison is at all valid or evenmakes sense.

tired.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
keep the stoneface to yourself dude. it's a comparison. if i say Eddie Vedder is the Bruce Springsteen of this generation am i saying he's better? no, i'm saying that is a comparable artist...
its not even comparable though! why would you even attempt to make that comparison?

i could say Ron Hubbard is the Jesus of our generation and Tom Cruise is Apostle Paul... that doesn't mean that the comparison is at all valid or even makes sense.
Really? Not Comparable? Hmmmmm last i checked both all three have plenty of Hits, looked at Icons of their time period and make music with popinfluences...i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's comparable

Ye is the Prince and Michael Jackson of our generation.....

smh.gif

Are you serious?

That is possibly the most absurd thing I've read in this Music forum (outside of M16's ramblings
laugh.gif
)

Do you really believe Ye has influenced as many musicians nowadays as Prince or MJ? Or has made near the amount of timeless and classic material?

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

smh.gif

Are you serious?

That is possibly the most absurd thing I've read in this Music forum (outside of M16's ramblings
laugh.gif
)

Do you really believe Ye has influenced as many musicians nowadays as Prince or MJ? Or has made near the amount of timeless and classic material?
I said it might not be realized for another 20 years...Kanye has only been out 6 years, there is no way he can compare to the 20+ years MJ andPrince have/had put in the game...but give it time and we will see...

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

In my experience, if you don't like Kanye West, you're a racist, homophobic, or insecure.
This one works.

i gotta disagree tho. i like Kanye's music for the most part and thats that. do i like him. idk cause i dont know him but some of the things he does makes me scratch my head.

Racist? no im black and white and well no im not racist.
Homophobic? maybe a lil but i support gays and their struggle. a struggle that i find eerily similar to that of the blacks and other minorities.
Insecure? i dont see the connection.
nerd.gif
Inferiority complex. Instead of being yourself, you gotta act tough 24/7 because you feel like you have something to prove. You feel likeyou're less of a man if you show emotion. ("Love is stupid. Dancing is stupid. Happiness is stupid.")

or

You get your feelings hurt when others are confident in themselves. ("He's arrogant!
cry.gif
")

or both.

Again, this is in my experience.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

In my experience, if you don't like Kanye West, you're a racist, homophobic, or insecure.
This one works.

i gotta disagree tho. i like Kanye's music for the most part and thats that. do i like him. idk cause i dont know him but some of the things he does makes me scratch my head.

Racist? no im black and white and well no im not racist.
Homophobic? maybe a lil but i support gays and their struggle. a struggle that i find eerily similar to that of the blacks and other minorities.
Insecure? i dont see the connection.
nerd.gif
Inferiority complex. Instead of being yourself, you gotta act tough 24/7 because you feel like you have something to prove. You feel like you're less of a man if you show emotion. ("Love is stupid. Dancing is stupid. Happiness is stupid.")

or

You get your feelings hurt when others are confident in themselves. ("He's arrogant!
cry.gif
")

or both.

Again, this is in my experience.

I so glad i read that last part cause you would be way off base with me.

I see what you're tryin to say...but where's the part or LABEL for those that dont want to hear a not so good singer using autotune?

Im talkin this kind of music (808 album type stuff) and not Kanye wit LR, CD and Grad...

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

smh.gif

Are you serious?

That is possibly the most absurd thing I've read in this Music forum (outside of INCLUDING M16's ramblings
indifferent.gif
)

Fixed

nah..

i said it was for soft dude i aint never said gay people or whatever thats why i said insert word..
cause i know dudes.. straight dudes that bump that 808's %@%@ like crazy.. but to me its just for the simp dudes that's all about they girls & weartight jeans, listen to mad r&b like usher's newest album (not 8701 & %@%@) ... & of course gay people like it too look at how the CD looked..

i admit when it dropped i might have copped cause ima CD buyer, but when i saw how it looked i said hell no & kept it moving..

the album's for todays "cool kids" ....

maino said it best " real n's outnumbered 99 to damn 1"

& M16 i don't need you cosigning me or "saying what im scared to say" atleast not you dog.. no disrespect, but you aint the type of dude thatneed to interpret what i got to say.. good lookin; though g'z..

I said it might not be realized for another 20 years...Kanye has only been out 6 years, there is no way he can compare to the 20+ years MJ and Prince have/had put in the game...but give it time and we will see...
I'm sorry, but in 20 years we will not look back on College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, and 808s like we look back at Thriller,Off The Wall, Bad or 1999, Purple Rain.

We're talking about guys who were recognized by their peers during the time they were making music as legendary musicans.

There is no comparison.

tired.gif
smh.gif

I don't see anythin wrong wit that comment...
Hes not saying Kanye makes as good music as them...he just saying right now Kanye basically is the voice for black pop music...as what MJ was...

Originally Posted by Dapper D

tired.gif
smh.gif

Hes not saying Kanye makes as good music as them...he just saying right now Kanye basically is the voice for black pop music...as what MJ was...
People must just not understand.
tired.gif

tired.gif
smh.gif

1) How do you not?
2) Kanye is not the voice for black pop music
3)Mike was the voice for all pop music.
4) [Cake] ARE ALL YOU _'S ON WATER?!!?! (o_O)[/Cake]

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

tired.gif
smh.gif

1) How do you not?

for our generation...who is...

tired.gif
smh.gif

1) How do you not?

Nobody...

tired.gif
smh.gif

1) How do you not?

Noone will be. Just because you extremely relevant doesn't mean you'll be what these two were to this genre let alone music period.

Its not about for our generation. Those type of talents, impact, influence come along so rare that you don't just pawn that off on an artist becausehe's popular right now. I mean Mike was doing it for over 3 decades G... thats over 20yrs being the face of a genre being the bench mark of not only agenre but music period. It has widely been said that Prince plays damn near 30 instruments and composed his own albums using live instruments. Do youseriously believe comparing or saying that's what Kanye is going to stand for??? Because thats what that statement is inciting.

The fact of the matter is, Kanye is a beast. I consider him to be a musical genius. There's no need to compare him to MJ or Prince, because theyrepresent two different musical genres. I'm dumbfounded by the fact that some of you consider the man to be a 'Black Pop Artist.' Huh? Ialso think it's a reach, to say he's the voice of black anything. He's a great musician, entertainer, producer, and rapper. Let's not getcarried away w/ the titles people.

If every other music forum on the net didn't suck I'd stop coming in here. Isht gets more outlandish by the day
smh.gif

A genius?
laugh.gif

Damon Albarn?
Dallas Green?
Gnarls Barkley?
John Lennon?
Paul McCartney?
Jimi Hendrix?
Neil Young?
Thomas Bangalter?
Guy-Manuel?
The Antlers?

....................Kanye?
laugh.gif

-The Juice

some more musical geniuses.........

yes, jimi hendrix
the isley brothers
mike jack & prince(who do not even deserve the disrespect of being mentioned in the same sentence as kanye)
rick james
bob marley
anthony kiedis
pimp-c
eminem(not one of my favs but theres no denying the man had a dynamic impact on music/hip hop history)

but hey this IS nt, kids nowadays think anything that gets nonstop hype on MTV has got to be "genius"

Originally Posted by highlife32

some more musical geniuses.........

yes, jimi hendrix
the isley brothers
mike jack & prince(who do not even deserve the disrespect of being mentioned in the same sentence as kanye)
rick james
bob marley
anthony kiedis
pimp-c
eminem(not one of my favs but theres no denying the man had a dynamic impact on music/hip hop history)

but hey this IS nt, kids nowadays think anything that gets nonstop hype on MTV has got to be "genius"

Some of yall are confusing very talented,gifted,popular,and well recieved for being a genuis.
Eminem lol come on he isnt a music genius(one of the best lyricist,yes but MUSICAL genius NO!!!!!!!!!
Pimp C(lol no comment)Although he is a very underrated producer.
Michael Jackson-He is very talented, god gifted, and was very well recieved but musical genius not quite.
Prince is a musical genius. Anyone who can with no training, without any practicing pick up 32 different instruments and master them on a single play is agenius in my book.Well moreso a prodigy. I mean the dude has over 20,000 songs he composed,arranged,produce, all with live instruments.
Are we really gonna compare that to Kanye.I mean no doubt he is a dope producer,but seriously compared to Prince. If Kanye can solo produce,arrange,compose 3decades,over 15 albums of music by himself with live instruments no samples. And then on top of that have over 20,000 unreleased tracks in the vault, I wouldthen consider him on a Prince status.

Back
Top Bottom