It just hit me...Kanye is a genius.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by shoepacalypse

He took what andre 3000 was trying to do with The Love Below, and went to a whole nother level with it. The creativity with the samples alone is genius.

I cant believe you just said 808's is better than the Love Below

Kanye is a very good producer who made "friends" in the industry, Kanye doesnt even write his own verses

he is barely average live, not hating on what he has been able to do but Kanye is no where near an all time great, but if you have a sneaker and fruity fashion, most of this board will love you

andre_3000_konsolekingz.jpg

DF you talking about?

808's is on point and definitely appreciated. Listened to at least once every day since it dropped. NT. The only place where you can't have an opinion.

Originally Posted by highlife32

some more musical geniuses.........

yes, jimi hendrix
the isley brothers
mike jack & prince(who do not even deserve the disrespect of being mentioned in the same sentence as kanye)
rick james
bob marley
anthony kiedis
pimp-c
eminem(not one of my favs but theres no denying the man had a dynamic impact on music/hip hop history)

but hey this IS nt, kids nowadays think anything that gets nonstop hype on MTV has got to be "genius"

Some of yall are confusing very talented,gifted,popular,and well recieved for being a genuis.
Eminem lol come on he isnt a music genius(one of the best lyricist,yes but MUSICAL genius NO!!!!!!!!!
Pimp C(lol no comment)Although he is a very underrated producer.
Michael Jackson-He is very talented, god gifted, and was very well recieved but musical genius not quite.
Prince is a musical genius. Anyone who can with no training, without any practicing pick up 32 different instruments and master them on a single play is a genius in my book.Well moreso a prodigy. I mean the dude has over 20,000 songs he composed,arranged,produce, all with live instruments.
Are we really gonna compare that to Kanye.I mean no doubt he is a dope producer,but seriously compared to Prince. If Kanye can solo produce,arrange,compose 3 decades,over 15 albums of music by himself with live instruments no samples. And then on top of that have over 20,000 unreleased tracks in the vault, I would then consider him on a Prince status.

you can say that, but who is then? Everything about Kanye is the Prince or MJ of this generation.

first of all, im not the one who started comparing kanye to prince.

2nd of all, em is a musical genius(whether yall like it or not), as he changed the rap game back in 00-01, not only in rapping, but helping make alot of thebeats he rapped over, (and like i said im not an em fan), not to mention opening the door for most of these g*y a** rappers nowadays(i.e. lil wayne, kanye),pimp-c is argueably the best rapper/producer to ever come out of the south, and mike jack not a musical genius??? maybe he didint make the actual music he sangover, but the use of his voice, his lyrics and the videos were absolute GENIUS(way ahead of his time)..........

but i wouldnt expect u to know anything about that though, u were probably about 2 years old when "thriller" or "remember the time" or"ridin dirty" was released..........u think kanye belong up there with those legends i named.............GT*OH and do some homework lil boy

Anyone that conciders Kanye a musical genius must not understand the amount of talent possessed by the artists of previous generations.

Kanye is a producer, a great producer, for he has studied music meticulously as a fan and as a critic. He knows what sounds good and what doesn't. Whichis why his arrogance has always confused me. How can you have studied music so much, and still view yourself as a gift from God to the music world? He'snuts if he really believes that.

He's no musician.

He's a creative and smart man who took and continues to take advantage of a mediocre era in rap and pop.

I give him his respect, but it make me sick to my stomach that we don't have a real musician in his place.

I'm not sure if kanye plays an intrument, I think he just samples. I'm not taking away from his sampling credit because he's great when it comes tothat, forsure.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

A genius?
laugh.gif

Gnarls Barkley? - Gnarls Barkley? Cee-Lo or Dangermouse? Because there are far superior bands to them. Gnarls Barkley is not one person.
John Lennon? - Has been dead for 30 years. THIS GENERATION.
Paul McCartney? - Once again, is a genius but made music before anyone knew who MJ or Prince were.
Jimi Hendrix? - ^
Neil Young? - ^
Thomas Bangalter? - Really? you have the nerve to try and clown on Kanye and list these two? They are techno. plain and simple. geniuses. but if they are geniuses so is Kanye no beating around the bush. If people try and hate on 'Ye's sampling check out some of DPs'. And let's not forget that not only does 'Ye sample but writes as well, a songwriter/producer, not just producer. (waits for people to bring up the ghostwriting)
Guy-Manuel? - ^

....................Kanye?
laugh.gif

-The Juice
c'mon dude. yes you listed geniuses. minus Cee-Lo and Dangermouse, but think more in depth.

anthony kiedis

but hey this IS nt, kids nowadays think anything that gets nonstop hype on MTV has got to be "genius"
Kiedis!!! and you hate on me? Kiedis is FARRRRRR from genius. If anyone knows music this is MUCH worse than anything i have said. If anyone inRHCPs are a genius it is EASILY Frusciante and possibly Flea. Even Chad Smith is far superior to Kiedis. The list of current frontman above Kiedis is a sizableone. yes i will back that up.

Eddie Vedder
Thom Yorke
Dave Grohl
Jack White
Jeff Tweedy
Jim James
Conor Oberst
Trent Reznor
Karen O
Dan Auerbach
Ed Droste/Daniel Rossen
Robin Pecknold

all are far superior to Kiedis and that's just off the head.

Edit - And dude...PIMP C???

Does he have a song for the one time at the fair when I was six and my sister was gonna make me ride the ferris wheel so I got super nervous and !%%% all on myself?

I'll wait for your answer.

"Family Business". He speaks of spending time with his family, one member who urinates on themselves in the same manner as you did.

highlife32 wrote:

highlife32 wrote:

yes, jimi hendrix
the isley brothers
mike jack & prince(who do not even deserve the disrespect of being mentioned in the same sentence as kanye)
rick james
bob marley
anthony kiedis
pimp-c
eminem(not one of my favs but theres no denying the man had a dynamic impact on music/hip hop history)

Some of yall are confusing very talented,gifted,popular,and well recieved for being a genuis.
Eminem lol come on he isnt a music genius(one of the best lyricist,yes but MUSICAL genius NO!!!!!!!!!
Pimp C(lol no comment)Although he is a very underrated producer.
Michael Jackson-He is very talented, god gifted, and was very well recieved but musical genius not quite.
Prince is a musical genius. Anyone who can with no training, without any practicing pick up 32 different instruments and master them on a single play is a genius in my book.Well moreso a prodigy. I mean the dude has over 20,000 songs he composed,arranged,produce, all with live instruments.
Are we really gonna compare that to Kanye.I mean no doubt he is a dope producer,but seriously compared to Prince. If Kanye can solo produce,arrange,compose 3 decades,over 15 albums of music by himself with live instruments no samples. And then on top of that have over 20,000 unreleased tracks in the vault, I would then consider him on a Prince status.

you can say that, but who is then? Everything about Kanye is the Prince or MJ of this generation.

first of all, im not the one who started comparing kanye to prince.

2nd of all, em is a musical genius(whether yall like it or not), as he changed the rap game back in 00-01, not only in rapping, but helping make alot of the beats he rapped over, (and like i said im not an em fan), not to mention opening the door for most of these g*y a** rappers nowadays(i.e. lil wayne, kanye), pimp-c is argueably the best rapper/producer to ever come out of the south, and mike jack not a musical genius??? maybe he didint make the actual music he sang over, but the use of his voice, his lyrics and the videos were absolute GENIUS(way ahead of his time)..........

but i wouldnt expect u to know anything about that though, u were probably about 2 years old when "thriller" or "remember the time" or "ridin dirty" was released..........u think kanye belong up there with those legends i named.............GT*OH and do some homework lil boy

2nd of all, em is a musical genius(whether yall like it or not), as he changed the rap game back in 00-01, not only in rapping, but helping make alot of thebeats he rapped over, (and like i said im not an em fan)

Em is far from a musical genius. It would take him iuno being a MUSICIAN in order to be a musical genius. He is a mediocre producer, and a top notch lyricist.Thats about it.
Um if u gonna do Pimp C why sound like a bandwagon listener, If you wanna go back take it back to the album banned,You saying ur a fan then list one of the 1stcommerciaal albums they came out with lol.And rapper, lol Bun B is light yrs ahead of Pimp C, Even tho at times i like Pimp C better.

not to mention opening the door for most of these g*y a** rappers nowadays(i.e. lil wayne, kanye),

Um lil wayne already was apart of a 50 million in sales movement(with a gold and platinum album) When eminem was in rap olympics battling canibus andsupernatural, and doing tracks eyedea. If anything he open the door for any suburb white to think rap is cool and start makin wack songs on myspace,facebook.Or open doors for garbage like Asher Roth.

mike jack not a musical genius??? maybe he didint make the actual music he sang over, but the use of his voice, his lyrics and the videos were absoluteGENIUS(way ahead of his time)..........

maybe he didint make the actual music he sang over... game over,that is exactly what a MUSICIAN is,so if u didnt make the music how can u be a musician letalone genius at it. his lyrics(they were not his lyrics, um imma need u to look at credits on albums sometime).the videos were absolute GENIUS(way ahead of histime).......... That is very true although alot of the concepts werent his.

Michael is the greatest pop star ever true. But it was a collective effort of being with good producers,excellent arrangers,remarkable song writers andcomposers.A voice unparalleled 2 none. And like ability and charisma. All played into what made Mike Mike.

Em a genius?
laugh.gif

Mike's input in his musical direction is very understated. Let them tell it, it was all Quincy, but most of the Off The Wall album was done before gettingup with Q. They had equal input in his songs.

$%% did this thread turn into an almost legitimate discussion of musicians? hmm interesting, Kanye certainly is not a genius by any means but he certainlyserved as a good catalyst to open up a somewhat intelligent conversation

Guys seem to fail to realize that the voice is a musical instrument ........ like other instruments you have to study and train in how to use it properly ../so great singers can be seen as great musicians

highlife32 wrote:

highlife32 wrote:

Um if u gonna do Pimp C why sound like a bandwagon listener, If you wanna go back take it back to the album banned,You saying ur a fan then list one of the 1st commerciaal albums they came out with lol.And rapper, lol Bun B is light yrs ahead of Pimp C, Even tho at times i like Pimp C better.

bandwagon listener?? son, i was listening to ugk when u were still s*****n in your huggies, and yes pimp-c is a genius, all ugk's albums are classics, andhe made most of the beats, he always spit tight, real a** ryhmes, and he even sung some tight a** hooks......

Um lil wayne already was apart of a 50 million in sales movement(with a gold and platinum album)

lmao cash money didnt sell 50 mill because of lil wayne, the only thing wayne was doing back in those days was sayin some annoying a** "drop it like itshot, drop drop it like its hot, cmb make u drop it like its hot, wobbly wobbly"...............GT*OH

maybe he didint make the actual music he sang over... game over,that is exactly what a MUSICIAN is,so if u didnt make the music how can u be a musician let alone genius at it. his lyrics(they were not his lyrics, um imma need u to look at credits on albums sometime).the videos were absolute GENIUS(way ahead of his time).......... That is very true although alot of the concepts werent his.

u are a f****** moron............u think mike didnt write his own lyrics or come up with the concepts for his videos??? u need to do your homework son, maybe qhad some input, but most of his hits and legendary videos(along with all the choreography) was all mike........

the bottom line is, kanye far from a genius..........he's gotten famous from sampling other REAL artist's beats and lyrics and those artists i namedwould never think of doing that.....

and yes i was reaching a lil bit with em, but he did change the game back in 00-01 (no matter whether it was a negative or postive change) theres no denyingthat.....

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by awwsome

I personally view 808's as somewhat of a masterpiece

"They never really miss you till you dead or you gone..."

KanYe will always be that dude. People only hate because they don't understand it or its too different. If you seriously put your life in perspective and looked at all the different moods and situations you've been in, he really does have that moment music.

Does he have a song for the one time at the fair when I was six and my sister was gonna make me ride the ferris wheel so I got super nervous and !%%% all on myself?

I'll wait for your answer.
What the hell's so different about Kanye West's music? I swear some of you must only listen to hip-hop. Dude went from rapper topop diva singing in auto-tune. He can produce good beats but that's where it stops. There's nothing lyrically unique or exceptional with what he says.There's nothing that's hard to understand with what he says. He talks about how great he is or how a girl hurts him or his struggle with love. It'sbeen like that since post-Late Registration. I'll give him props for his first 2 albums but the last two have been listenable only for the production forme. He's not the genius that Prince is, not close.

You gotta be @#%%$$! ******ed to even mention Kanye with the likes of Prince or Michael Jackson...not just on a level musically, but think about the OVERALLimpact globally....

Kanye??? #!!!!...
roll.gif

2nd of all, em is a musical genius(whether yall like it or not), as he changed the rap game back in 00-01, not only in rapping, but helping make alot of the beats he rapped over, (and like i said im not an em fan), not to mention opening the door for most of these g*y a** rappers nowadays(i.e. lil wayne, kanye)

but i wouldnt expect u to know anything about that though, u were probably about 2 years old when "thriller" or "remember the time" or "ridin dirty" was released..........u think kanye belong up there with those legends i named.............GT*OH and do some homework lil boy
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I swear man I can't @#*% wit yall anymore.

Back
Top Bottom