It took D12 six years to learn some post moves...

Learning from the master himself. I would've loved to have seen Dream vs. D12 in a 1 on 1 match-up but I dont think Hakeem wanted to embarrass his student.

I posted some of his highlights from last night in the off-season thread. He was showing legit post moves.

His offensive game looked really good against Houston last night. This could be trouble for the rest of the East. His defensive dominance alone was enough to make him top 5 in the league. Now that he has some post moves on the other end...
sick.gif

Could you post this vid in the offseason thread Carlos? 

Awesome vid, serious, why Dream doesn't have a full time job yet is beyond me.  I would be sending all my bigs to him.  

You could see though (or at least, I took it this way) how technical Hakeem is the way he would bank all his shots, Howard didn't really do that, he would still shoot straight at the rim.  To me, that's a fundamental thing that Dwight will need to learn if he truly wants to grow where we all expect him to be.  Maybe I'm nitpicking, but that could be a big difference over the course of a year/career etc etc. 

Dwight still needs to work on the little things. when the dream tries to sell left and goes right it looks smooth, it looks legit. when dwight does some of those little moves it looks a bit forced and predictable, but if he can work those kinks out.. watch out. i hope he gets the post game, when he does he'll be absolutely lethal. 

CP1708 wrote:

Could you post this vid in the offseason thread Carlos? 

Awesome vid, serious, why Dream doesn't have a full time job yet is beyond me. I would be sending all my bigs to him.

You could see though (or at least, I took it this way) how technical Hakeem is the way he would bank all his shots, Howard didn't really do that, he would still shoot straight at the rim. To me, that's a fundamental thing that Dwight will need to learn if he truly wants to grow where we all expect him to be. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but that could be a big difference over the course of a year/career etc etc.
You can post it there if you want.

About Dream not having a full time job, maybe he's happy with his life the way it is? The guy is obviously filthy rich, I think he lives in Houston and is probably enjoying life. Here is another video of him talking about how he still plays basketball to stay in shape...I also like how he said he used moves he learned while playing soccer on the basketball court
pimp.gif

Notice how he says basketball is just one aspect of his life (I guess that means he doesnt want to be around it at all times).

"Hooooo.....Hoooooooo"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think this is the year D12 puts it all together...

I'm picking him as my preseason MVP but that might be a little wishful
ohwell.gif

Being Nigerian I use to practice this #@!% all the time despite my 6'2 height lol, my dad had like 5 VHS tapes of Hakeem in the finals. My favorite player ever. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

why the hell did it take him so long?  was he in the weight room working on his traps instead of learning post moves?
i always wondered why he wouldn't just learn something from duncan or someone like hakeem in the offseason to learn about footwork.

it's a bout damn time for howard to see hakeem, that he waited 6 years.. he's talking about bigger and taller players? how many are bigger than him? only shaq, i can think of. why did he only go for 3 days? working out 3 days isnt gonna make howard into a player with moves like hakeem.. besides he needs to first change his jumper/shot, cause it looks horrible.. you can tell when he shoots his freethrows.

anyways, i still don't think howard will be an mvp or nba champion. he doesnt have that killer instinct, all he does is make jokes and tries to be funny all the time. makes me question his commitment. with his height, vertical, he can easily lead the league in scoring like shaq did when he was with the magic.

There has to be a correlation between playing soccer and having great footwork in basketball.... crazy how fluid Hakeem still looks at damn near 50yrs old tho...

He showed flashes in the playoffs w/ more consistency, but I dont think D12 is serious enough about his craft to hit his ceiling. Push comes to shove, he'll probably revert back.

Howard IMO is going to win that MVP this season BUT only if he imrpoves on the offensive end as he has showed much promise in the vid & last nights game.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Howard IMO is going to win that MVP this season BUT only if he imrpoves on the offensive end as he has showed much promise in the vid & last nights game.

hahahaha, sorry.. dont mean to laugh at you.. but really??? you're not gonna improve on your offensive game in just 3 days. all he has is a jumphook and the dunk. that's it. nothing more.. that's why i dont respect his game. he'd get killed had he played in the '90s

laugh.gif
 It's amazing that all of these people who have never played anything more than rec league seem to know so much. Dudes talkin about "what took him so long", blah blah blah....as if there is some sort of standard learning curve to be able add facets to your game. There are so many different variables, factors, and other elements that go into improving your game. Some of you just simply believe that if Dwight locks himself in a gym for a summer doing post moves that he should have a potent post game when he comes out. Not that simple. You have guys that spend thousands on shooting coaches every summer and still can't shoot.
Another funny thing is I see people marveling at the spins he did last night...when that is literally something he's always been able to do well in the post. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 No one was guarding him. Anyone can learn to do those moves. Having the instincts and abilities to reach in a game is a different story. 
Last summer there was a video of him going end to end shooting jumpers, he made like every single shot. I don't remember him hitting too many jumpers this season.

We'll see...

Originally Posted by CP1708

You could see though (or at least, I took it this way) how technical Hakeem is the way he would bank all his shots, Howard didn't really do that, he would still shoot straight at the rim.  To me, that's a fundamental thing that Dwight will need to learn if he truly wants to grow where we all expect him to be.  Maybe I'm nitpicking, but that could be a big difference over the course of a year/career etc etc. 

I thought the same thing. It could be a big difference over the course of a game(fatigue). Only criticism I have.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

laugh.gif
 It's amazing that all of these people who have never played anything more than rec league seem to know so much. Dudes talkin about "what took him so long", blah blah blah....as if there is some sort of standard learning curve to be able add facets to your game. There are so many different variables, factors, and other elements that go into improving your game. Some of you just simply believe that if Dwight locks himself in a gym for a summer doing post moves that he should have a potent post game when he comes out. Not that simple. You have guys that spend thousands on shooting coaches every summer and still can't shoot.
Another funny thing is I see people marveling at the spins he did last night...when that is literally something he's always been able to do well in the post. 
Thank you.
Dwight has worked on his foul shot every summer the past few years, he spends extra time in practice shooting, it isn't as easy as "just work on it".  He does and has.  Dwight isn't gifted with natural touch around the basket and he didn't come into the league with consistent moves.  He was a point guard growing up, he had to learn to play center.  People saying things like "what took him so long", as if the summers of rec ball and some high school varsity play makes you an expert on NBA development
laugh.gif

I gave Dwight this coming season as the last chance to make a big jump.  He showed more flashes of being a legitimate offensive presence last year, so if he's ever going to do it, this year has to be it to me.  He has a good spin move, and can hit the baby hook shot, he just needs more versatility and the ability to make controlled and calm moves, he always rushes.  People also give him more criticism than he deserves.  The way some people talk on here, he is the equivalent of Kwame Brown on the offensive end.  Not saying he's Shaq or Kareem, but he's not trash as a lot say.

Originally Posted by Steve212

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Being Nigerian

I honestly thought you were a white dude.

laugh.gif
 me too!

CP1708 wrote:
Awesome vid, serious, why Dream doesn't have a full time job yet is beyond me.� I would be sending all my bigs to him.��
  i heard somewhere he does these clinics and camps for FREE. dude is a class act for sure

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

it's a bout damn time for howard to see hakeem, that he waited 6 years.. he's talking about bigger and taller players? how many are bigger than him? only shaq, i can think of. why did he only go for 3 days? working out 3 days isnt gonna make howard into a player with moves like hakeem.. besides he needs to first change his jumper/shot, cause it looks horrible.. you can tell when he shoots his freethrows.

anyways, i still don't think howard will be an mvp or nba champion. he doesnt have that killer instinct, all he does is make jokes and tries to be funny all the time. makes me question his commitment. with his height, vertical, he can easily lead the league in scoring like shaq did when he was with the magic.

roll.gif
@ saying Dwight lacks commitment, he's the best defensive player in the league for a reason. Just because he's not like KG and tries to get tough with Calderon and talk trash from the bench doesn't mean he isn't serious when it comes tot he game. Dwight is a naturally happy and jovial guy, he can't help if he smiles or jokes around.

Then you say "he should lead the league in scoring like Shaq did with the Magic", besides the fact that Shaq is one of the best centers of all time and was dominant offensively, the current Magic don't rely on Dwight to score 30 a night. They surround him with 4 shooters and he controls the paint alone, it would be next to impossible for him to lead the NBA in scoring with the current offense around him.

Back
Top Bottom