It took D12 six years to learn some post moves...

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Ewing's game was his game. Solid, but awkward and not something to be taught, IMHO.
Very well said.

Ewing is also remedial at best, mildly ******ed at worst. Several years ago, the "Ewing Letter" (see below) appeared on Ebay. I wish a had saved a picture of the letter. The blurb below doesn't do it justice.. it was priceless.

[h2]http://[/h2]

laugh.gif
@ the fact that Horry was once considered an inside player.......I remember those days.....

Hakeem still %@#+! on Dwight, even in his age. Dwight's moves looked too robotic, he needs to loosen up a little, he would be more effective...

Hakeem vs Dwight.  to 7, maybe Dwight gets 1 or 2 points.  Love Dwight but the only thing looking good is his shot in that video besides Hakeem of course shooting straight knowledge like splinter.  when has dwight had that jumper?!?!   "you know jump hook?"  
eek.gif

indifferent.gif
 thats a sad look for the future of the nba.  got to give it to him though he does have somewhat of a pretty clean jumphook.  of course not compared to hakeem.   ANYHOW phenomenal idea getting some help from sfumato.

What is he? 24-25?
it.
Dude is just now 2-2 years out of college age......he is going to be a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!

Just gonna be odd.....I want Miami to win because i like lebron....but orlando has always been the team i rooted for.

I wish stl had a bball team......this just isnt the market for

The fact that Hakeen still looks fluid and his jumper is still money says a lot about him. I guess the greats never lose that "touch" of the game. I agree with the people that said, "you can teach technique, but you can't teach a feel for the game." Dwight looked a little forced while doing those moves, but he did them right after learning them. If Hakeem was his coach from day 1, I'm sure we wouldn't be questioning Dwight's post moves.

Carlos Tevez wrote:

Learning from the master himself. I would've loved to have seen Dream vs. D12 in a 1 on 1 match-up but I dont think Hakeem wanted to embarrass his student.

It's about time he took time out to seriously�attempt to hone his skills. Honestly still feel dude is out too far away from basket though...Dream had a smooth outside touch n Dwight does not so he might want to come in closer and concentrate on more counter moves because that one move stuff is too telegraphed, imo
��

Originally Posted by crobers 78

Carlos Tevez wrote:

Learning from the master himself. I would've loved to have seen Dream vs. D12 in a 1 on 1 match-up but I dont think Hakeem wanted to embarrass his student.

It's about time he took time out to seriously�attempt to hone his skills. Honestly still feel dude is out too far away from basket though...Dream had a smooth outside touch n Dwight does not so he might want to come in closer and concentrate on more counter moves because that one move stuff is too telegraphed, imo
��

i dont know if you can consider 3 days taking it seriously to hone his skills. he could've spent all summer with him. no one can learn stuff in 3 days, and the fact that howard's game is pure power and no finesse makes it even more impossible

How exactly do you know he could have spent all summer with him?

Maybe Hakeem wasn't available all summer and this is all he could fit Dwight in?

Oh that's right, Dwight makes jokes and smiles so therefore he is lazy and doesn't care.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

How exactly do you know he could have spent all summer with him?

Maybe Hakeem wasn't available all summer and this is all he could fit Dwight in?

Oh that's right, Dwight makes jokes and smiles so therefore he is lazy and doesn't care.
it took him 6 years, and then when he finally does it's only 3 days? come on, how serious is that? dwight howard is not a good player at all. the only reason he is dominant, is because there is no one out there stronger or bigger than him. no skills whatsoever. everyone can dunk like that at 6'11. yeah he can jump but that is it. after 6 years in the league you dont even have the fundamentals to have post up game? means you are not a serious player. his left hook looks pathetic.

the reason why he's robotic and stiff is b/c of the damn near 12 inch growth spurt in two years...he grew up a guard.

Originally Posted by Executive76

the reason why he's robotic and stiff is b/c of the damn near 12 inch growth spurt in two years...he grew up a guard.

Since when are guards robotic and stiff?

Originally Posted by BlastaMasta8

Maybe just him not being used to the body he has ... just a thought.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by BlastaMasta8

Maybe just him not being used to the body he has ... just a thought.
basically that's what I was getting at in addition to the added muscle...

He only looks that way when he's in the post doing something other than a one step drop and dunk...in transition or on defense not so much

maybe I'm reaching but it makes sense to me

At the end of the day, sometimes it's best for these cats to do at least a year in college.

Fatal Lightning wrote:
crobers 78 wrote:
Carlos Tevez wrote:

��

i dont know if you can consider 3 days taking it seriously to hone his skills. he could've spent all summer with him. no one can learn stuff in 3 days, and the fact that howard's game is pure power and no finesse makes it even more impossible

Yeah, 3 days is not enough but it looks as though he treated it as a mini campwhich he recorded so in actuality it can be used whenever he wants and work on some skills...we shall see.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

At the end of the day, sometimes it's best for these cats to do at least a year in college.

Exactly. Look at Greg Oden. Dude is post move king.

Back
Top Bottom