It Was 400 Years Ago, They Said

Why is it that you're so ashamed of government assistance? There's nothing to be ashamed of. You may be grandfathered into the old system but that system is government assistance whether you want to admit that or not. You'd think somebody called you black the way you're responding to posts pointing out your government assistant housing. Again, there's nothing wrong with government assistance so why defend so harshly against calling it what it is?

Rent control is no different than section 8, food stamps, Medicaid or any other form of government assistance there is,

:lol: surrrre guy.

why don't go find that office thats extending it... matter fact? write to da former Congressman and ask him how he got a few of em.

even better, since u fashion yourself as a some sort of SoHo couturist, go ask how those yuppies got those gigantic lofts 40 years ago :nerd:

clearly u talking out ur *** here :lol: ish has no bearing on age.. now go brush up NYC rent laws before u keep lookin like a lost valley girl trying to understand da Superbowl

Last edited:

why don't go find that office thats extending it... matter fact? write to da former Congressman and ask him how he got a few of em.

even better, since u fashion yourself as a some sort of SoHo couturist, go ask how those yuppies got those gigantic lofts 40 years ago :nerd:

clearly u talking out ur *** here :lol: ish has no bearing on age.. now go brush up NYC rent laws before u keep lookin like a lost valley girl trying to understand da Superbowl

Fam you really think you special, my sisternlaws fiancé lived in a rent control 2 Br apartment right in Downtown Brooklyn, paying about 600$ a month between him and his brother since their grandmother passed away, people are grandfathered in, but at the end of the day this was put in place to help people who would not have been able to afford the hike in rents, ASSISTANCE b...what don't you understand!? How dare you look down on people that receive other forms of assistance? You hipocrite :lol:

Fam you really think you special, my sisternlaws fiancé lived in a rent control 2 Br apartment right in Downtown Brooklyn, paying about 600$ a month between him and his brother since their grandmother passed away, people are grandfathered in, but at the end of the day this was put in place to help people who would not have been able to afford the hike in rents,

"wrong"

cuz they're no income/means trigger.

you're completely clueless on this topic.

If there is a payout, ya think NH would want a piece of the pie?

He doesn't need reparations he's doing great. His mother is going to pass down her generational wealth in the form of rent controlled apartment to him once she passes away. He's been afforded a jump start on those who he tells to "pick themselves up by da bootstraps" in the form of free food and rent provided by living with his mother and her government aide for his entire existence. He's doing so well, in fact, that he has been able to buy Porsche money worth of depreciating assets. A luxury many of us are not afforded. On top of that he's got a great job as a truck driver. The wages he pulls in 10 years...phew...you could put a jesus piece on layaway 10 years for the amount! AND...ANDDD!!! When his mom's gone, that spacious apartment will finally be all his.

So no, I don't think he'll want a piece of the pie. Dude is doing it already and doesn't need any reparations. He's the hood dream. A perfect example of glass-ceiling minority content with being opressed.
:lol: that man been lost, he doesnt make any sense ....guarantee if they tried to cut him a check he aint saying "no, im not black tho" :lol:

wanna bet? My mom emigrated from DR over here....I don't need any part of "reparations".

and only a fool would take it...ya basically letting "da oppressors" buy their way out of guilt...a one time fee, then what? when da vast majority of people would spend it like a income tax refund holiday..

once it's gone, folks gonna wash their hands of w/e contemporary situations are going on and say "welp...we compensated for da past, ya own ya own now.

another point no one brings up is advocating government "robbing_______ to pay Paul"...no one here is pointing at "Peter" to get da cash from...you think u gonna get a certain pale constituency to pay out they own money, when they feel completely absolved from anything that happened before they was born? yeah....good luck on that.

This dude said "My mom emigrated from DR" like his family ain't from Africa and slavery wasn't in South America.

If there is a payout, ya think NH would want a piece of the pie?

He doesn't need reparations he's doing great. His mother is going to pass down her generational wealth in the form of rent controlled apartment to him once she passes away. He's been afforded a jump start on those who he tells to "pick themselves up by da bootstraps" in the form of free food and rent provided by living with his mother and her government aide for his entire existence. He's doing so well, in fact, that he has been able to buy Porsche money worth of depreciating assets. A luxury many of us are not afforded. On top of that he's got a great job as a truck driver. The wages he pulls in 10 years...phew...you could put a jesus piece on layaway 10 years for the amount! AND...ANDDD!!! When his mom's gone, that spacious apartment will finally be all his.

So no, I don't think he'll want a piece of the pie. Dude is doing it already and doesn't need any reparations. He's the hood dream. A perfect example of glass-ceiling minority content with being opressed.
:lol: that man been lost, he doesnt make any sense ....guarantee if they tried to cut him a check he aint saying "no, im not black tho" :lol:

wanna bet? My mom emigrated from DR over here....I don't need any part of "reparations".

and only a fool would take it...ya basically letting "da oppressors" buy their way out of guilt...a one time fee, then what? when da vast majority of people would spend it like a income tax refund holiday..

once it's gone, folks gonna wash their hands of w/e contemporary situations are going on and say "welp...we compensated for da past, ya own ya own now.

another point no one brings up is advocating government "robbing_______ to pay Paul"...no one here is pointing at "Peter" to get da cash from...you think u gonna get a certain pale constituency to pay out they own money, when they feel completely absolved from anything that happened before they was born? yeah....good luck on that.

This dude said "My mom emigrated from DR" like his family ain't from Africa and slavery wasn't in South America.

so now we're talking global reparations? :lol:

"wrong"

Nah bro, seems like you are in denial, your rent is controlled by a government program, your mother receives government assistance, which you conveniently take advantage of....no shame in that like many have said, is the way you carry yourself on here that even makes this a topic of discussion...you show no empathy for the poor, for those receiving assistance, you support politicians that represent the 1% of America BLATANTLY....you are able to live your life AND BRAG about it because of a program which was put in place by a democrat, your life is irony personified.

roll.gif

Ignore people who go right to the policy of how to implement reparations .These are the same people who 60 years ago were saying, we would love to integrate, but how?

Wealth is nothing more than family planning, my college was paid for by my family, my child (who is yet to be born) will have even more privilege than I. Leave your child more well off than you and the wealth gap will decrease.

"wrong"

Nah bro, seems like you are in denial, your rent is controlled by a government program, your mother receives government assistance,

you're clueless :lol:

if my mom moves, da "rate" don't follow her.

government gives her nothing other than eventually SSI

go brush up on NYC rent laws...like u sound u just straight freestyling :lol:

I never said if she moves rent control follows her :lol:

Obviously you guys are grounded to that apt if ya want to continue reaping the benefits of the program...IT IS STILL A FORM OF ASSISNTANCE....what the hell don't you get?

umm da landlord keeping more of their money which allows their overhead to stay a certain level which keeps my rate da same isn't da government cutting someone section 8 voucher check.

it's literally apples to watermelons let alone oranges. :lol:

there's no "means testing" I could make 6 figures after taxes and still keep my spot.

try that on section 8 housing.
Nothing you said changes anything to the fact that your housing situation is a form of government assistance. Are you aware that not all forms of government assistance are the same and that there are varying degrees? Both section 8 housing, disability benefits and your grandfathered rent control system are all forms of government assistance for example.
Again, what is there to be so ashamed about?

Last edited:

I never said if she moves rent control follows her :lol:

Obviously you guys are grounded to that apt if ya want to continue reaping the benefits of the program...IT IS STILL A FORM OF ASSISNTANCE....what the hell don't you get?

*sigh*

In New York City, Rent Control tenants are generally in buildings built before February 1, 1947, where the tenant is in continuous occupancy prior to July 1, 1971. Tenants who took occupancy after June 30, 1971, in buildings of six or more units built before January 1, 1974, are generally Rent Stabilized. See Fact Sheet #1.

Rent control happens when the tenant has been living continuously in an apartment since July 1, 1971. There are no new rent controlled leases being written now (nor have there been for quite a bit), so the only way to finagle one of these apartments is to know a direct family member who can pass it down to you.

http://ny.curbed.com/2012/3/29/10385730/the-lucky-ones-rent-control-vs-rent-stabilization

that's it.

might as well call anyone on a grandfathered Verizon plan on "assistance" :smh: :lol:

Nothing you said changes anything to the fact that your housing situation is a form of government assistance. Are you aware that not all forms of government assistance are the same and that there are varying degrees? Both section 8 housing, disability benefits and your grandfathered rent control system are all forms of government assistance for example.
Again, what is there to be so ashamed about?

Admitting to that exposes a lifetime of hipocricy, he can't bring himself to it....manny people have this living arrangement, I would think a normal person that does wouldn't have such conflicting views.

once again for da slowwwwer folks.

http://ny.curbed.com/2012/3/29/10385730/the-lucky-ones-rent-control-vs-rent-stabilization

Rent control happens when the tenant has been living continuously in an apartment since July 1, 1971. There are no new rent controlled leases being written now (nor have there been for quite a bit), so the only way to finagle one of these apartments is to know a direct family member who can pass it down to you.

last time I checked? unless you got a Delorean, ish been a wrap before I was even born.

so Sprint SERO customers are on assistance too :lol:

*sigh*

that's it.

might as well call anyone on a grandfathered Verizon plan on "assistance" :smh: :lol:

Was the government involved in the deal between Verizon and their OG customers data plan? I'm confused as to how you feel those two are the same..

it's a grandfathered plan... that's it.

Government is literally involved to just enforce da contract...like a grandfathered phone bill.

da more u speak on it da more Swiss cheese u looking like.

You do understand the difference between a company extending a curtesy to their pre existing customers in order to keep them and what rent control is and how it came about

You do understand the difference between a company extending a curtesy

stop right there... Verizon is obligated to honor those contracts before they took em away for new customers, hence being grandfathered in. Rent that are on controlled leases on no different.

only thing da Government does is enforce da contract.

Last edited:
once again for da slowwwwer folks.

last time I checked? unless you got a Delorean, ish been a wrap before I was even born.

so Sprint SERO customers are on assistance too :lol:
And who do you think is responsible for that rent control system? The landlords? :lol:
The correct answer is the state and local governments by the way.
You are grandfathered into a discontinued form of government assistance but it is still active through families passing it onto their family. You still benefit from that government assistance and are thus a government assistance recipient for as long as you continue living there.
Again, that's not something to be ashamed of so why go through all these mental gymnastics?

Last edited:
*sigh*

that's it.

Was the government involved in the deal between Verizon and their OG customers data plan? I'm confused as to how you feel those two are the same..

it's a grandfathered plan... that's it.

Government is literally involved to just enforce da contract...like a grandfathered phone bill.

da more u speak on it da more Swiss cheese u looking like.

Sprint Sero was mandated by a private entity desperate for new business

Rent control was mandate by the local/state government.

They are different. Landlords across the city didn't just independently come together and decide to freeze rents at a certain level.

There is really nothing to be ashamed of, people just want to show a lil empathy for the next man.

Last edited:
stop right there... Verizon is obligated to honor those contracts before they took em away for new customers, hence being grandfathered in. Rent that are on controlled leases on no different.

only thing da Government does is enforce da contract.

These are lifetime contracts? Since when is a phone company obligated to upkeep a contract till either the company goes belly up or the customer dies or leaves?

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME B :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom