It's 2009, and I STILL use checks....

just to pay bills...but, tell me I am not the only one on here that does this? Seems like most people I know pay their bills online, but I stick to theold-fashioned check/postal system for payment.

Man DoubleJ's, havent seen you in a quick minute.

And no, your not the only one. I use checks on the regular...

Na i use online or call them directly to make a payment..i feel like if i put a check in the mail to pay something it wont get there on time or will get lost.Thats just me though.

When I first opened my account in late 2002, I got stacks of checks from WaMu that said "It's about me in 2003!" on it...those joints lasteduntil mid 2008. I still use checks to pay bills at local stores.

My boy once wrote a check for $3 for parking fee in a parking structure when he had no cash. I was rollin'.

Originally Posted by wj4

When I first opened my account in late 2002, I got stacks of checks from WaMu that said "It's about me in 2003!" on it...those joints lasted until mid 2008. I still use checks to pay bills at local stores.

My boy once wrote a check for $3 for parking fee in a parking structure when he had no cash. I was rollin'.

some dude we used to know in HS wrote a check for a candy bar. cashier gave him the
smh.gif

I've only paid rent with a check. and tuition but because they don't take visa and charge +2% for cc's anyway.

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

Na i use online or call them directly to make a payment..i feel like if i put a check in the mail to pay something it wont get there on time or will get lost. Thats just me though.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by wj4

When I first opened my account in late 2002, I got stacks of checks from WaMu that said "It's about me in 2003!" on it...those joints lasted until mid 2008. I still use checks to pay bills at local stores.

some dude we used to know in HS wrote a check for a candy bar. cashier gave him the
smh.gif
I don't write rhyme, I write checks.

I had customers using checks to cop small stuff like batteries too. And SMH when you had to call in for authorization.

use checks for some bills

some bills i've never written a check for

if the user name and password for an online bill pay require all kinds of criteria it's a no go...all the user names and passwords i use usually don'tmeet that criteria so i'd never remember them

I use checks for rent and that's it. Never used it in a store though. I used to work as a cashier in high school and it would bug me whenever folks woulduse checks for anything under $10

i hate checks im paranoid, i like to know how much i have at all moments, and not have to think "did the check go in yet??" ugh. if possible its allcash, or maybe online,phone

i got like four boxes of checks that i will NEVER use. but its good to keep some around (and one in the wallet) just in case.

Back
Top Bottom