It's official, JB is dead.

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

See, it's the "new" generation collectors that killed it. I am shocked at people thinking the xii's are ugly, especially with the garbage out there. (supras, chucks, polka dot fawking 1's)....this is why it's dead...youngin's don't appreciate the classics.

times have change brah..and it only getting worse..gentry done forgot about "us"

Gentry isn't working on this side of the house anymore. Gentry is on the international side now.

Ya'll gotta find someone else to blame.

well it has to do with the way the economy is not everyone can drop 150 + tax n 310 +tax specially wen unreleased originals are coming bak to being retro forthe first time also the 11s maybe youngtas had to buy the dub zeros instead since they released the same day as the pack

Blame the man himself. MJ. He gives the thumbs up to the garbage they put out. The minions simply follow. Fusions to me are trash. To me, they're a mockeryof the signature Jordan shoe, and disrespect the lineage. However, they sell. Especially within the Hispanic community. Here in NYC, they seriously hold themin high regards. To each his/their own.

i mean besides the whole recession hype...i wouldn't exactly say JB is dead...its just evolving...i mean numbered jordans are probably siting on theshelves but for the most part, the fusions are flying off. I realized (and i'm sure everyone else has) that the older dudes on here talk about how the shoegame isn't like the way it used to be and i'm like...why WOULD it be the same...a good amount of us have lived through the jordan and post jordan erabut its 2009 now (reaching 2010). and dont forget that jordans are still part of fashion and as we all know [fashion] trends come and go but in this case, theychange.

Some of ya'll sound silly when you say blame MJ...

I think MJs career was Basketball Player... Not Shoe Designer or Product Line Manager.

Hence... if he can't pick Good Draft Picks.. why would you think he can ok all the shoes that come out.

By the way... just FYI.. MJ does not ok every shoe that comes out. He just see's them. He is apart of the Signature Model...

Do you all know how much he'd have to ok if he really did that. Dont always believe the company line.

agree with OP, i see raging bulls and nubucks XII's everywhere here in OC and LA. No one bothers to touch them.

[h3][/h3]
It's official, JB is dead.
grin.gif
Welcome to 2004.

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

When you say the word "fakes" do you mean JB's releases the last few years? (fusions, 6 rings, spizikes, dub zeros, every imaginable color of jordan 1s and jordan "phat", variant-quality Countdown pack retroes)...I feel like this whole year has just been testing how bad of a product can they put out where people will still continue to buy them...

There's a huge demand for Air Jordans and retroes, but they haven't been releasing anything worth buying and have been chasing people away with their terrible quality and colorways

Originally Posted by FlightClub23

JB will never die as long as they have classics in their arsenal that can be released at any time (Any XI, Any OG VI, Any OG III, Any OG XIII, Any OG XVI, City Series X's, White/Red XII, Indiglo XIV, and the list goes on.......)

Thats just the way it is people......

except they don't release them.....

they don't give the people what they want and just ###* on people. whatever, f them.

Originally Posted by eriqui

we get a new "JB is dead!" thread everyday. Stop whining and act like a grown man and just don't buy it and move on. No sense beating a dead horse
tired.gif

WORD!!!!

that's why I like OGs and retros, they stay true to the Jordan classics.

maybe..i only brought one pair of air jordans this year that released in 09..but towards the end of the year jb will rise again

Yeah I agree, they're trying to bring out all the classic's to try and bring theirselve's back. But in all reality they're in too much of ahole to try and recover now.

Originally Posted by geegee

Originally Posted by brendanmaguire

Originally Posted by OriginalJS

Jordan Brand killed itself.
-I can't say it any clearer than that.
WORD... but im gonna say they are on life support.

QFT.

Theyre hanging on By a Thread (By retroing TB 3s & Space Jam 11s)
but other then that everything is sittin on the shelfs just like the Nubucks & Raging bull and probably the 60+ Is pack as well...
tired.gif

I say JB gets back to making shoes better quality, drop the price of each shoe to $115, new models in the sig line can be $149 and put it at normalavailability and bet they will make as much as they did with the way they are currently running the business.

Originally Posted by Essential1

I say JB gets back to making shoes better quality, drop the price of each shoe to $115, new models in the sig line can be $149 and put it at normal availability and bet they will make as much as they did with the way they are currently running the business.

cosign...but u know itll nver happen again...

jordan brand aint dead... i just think that its lost its fire... they are makin money in tons of other places like team jordans and apparel...

as far as the auora of coppin retros on release date... they yeah, homey... straight shot to the dome...

jordan brand aint dead... i just think that its lost its fire... they are makin money in tons of other places like team jordans and apparel...

as far as the auora of coppin retros on release date... they yeah, homey... straight shot to the dome...

Back
Top Bottom