It's Official: Minnesota Vikings acquires Randy Moss from the Pats for 3rd Round Pick

man yall jets fans are in denial or something tryna save revis for just one play he got burnt on...watch the vid clearly and he gets beat off the first move off the LOS and then the rest is history...i do believe he got injured on the play though when he reached out to moss after he caught the ball and extended maybe a bit too far for his hammy but that was after he was beat

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by h3at23

RichCimini

Darrelle Revis says Randy Moss quit in 2nd half of Wk 2 game vs. Jets: "You could tell he was putting his foot on the break.."

*Waits for people to say how he burned Revis*

Moss could have been the Goat if he wanted ...No matter how much you guys deny it you give safety help over the top and you can pretty effectively limit Moss.  He had never been a guy who is going to go and make tough catches over the middle of the field.  It's funny how people make Owens to be the ultimate diva, bad-guy reciever when Moss is worse.  Gimme the guy with some personal baggage that gives 110% every time on the field than the guy that the moody, unstable guy who seems to only play motivated when s=he has something to "prove."
Yeah you mad doggie.

Jets fan I presume?

roll.gif

Vikes by two scores.

Originally Posted by superbowlhomeboy217

Wow 17 pages and nobody has mentioned the fact that ADAP and the Superfreak will be playing on the same team with a Hall of Fame QB who is still capable of making big plays. Moss and Favre are a matched made in heaven. Moss has never been paired with a RB as talented as Peterson and Peterson has never been paired with a deep threat like Moss. Don't tell me he had Rice, Moss is in his own league when it comes to being a deep threat. This will open up play after play for either Peterson or Percy.

I am 23 years old, have a college degree, am an accomplished athlete, and currently work at what is pretty much my dream job. With that said, this might be the best day of my life.
Thanks for your background.  If you are who you say you are and have accomplished what you say you have and you really think this is the best day of your life..... you haven't been living a very fulfilling life.

This is the best news I've heard all week.

No offense, but I was getting kinda tired of having to watch the Patriots play just so I could watch Moss, one of my favorite players of all time.

Him and AP will be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Grimey

old greedy %%% bob kraft doesn't like to pay his veteren players unless your name is tom brady
Let's be real though... A successful qb will just about always get his money. Peyton, Eli, Brady, Brees, etc... Almost every owner will extend these guys while cutting/releasing some popular vets. That's just the way it is in football. Why single out Kraft when EVERY owner would do the same thing?

quarterback is the most important position in football though ... if you don't have a top tier qb you aren't winning a thing unless your defense has 9 all-pros on it ...

Minny coulda had the best day of its life by getting Moss & beating the Yanks in Game 1. They still won though
pimp.gif

Good move for the Pats, once Moss becomes disgruntled he becomes a cancer to his team and stops trying on the field. Patriots are becoming more of a running team now so Moss would be better off with a guy like Farve at this point in his career.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Good move for the Pats, once Moss becomes disgruntled he becomes a cancer to his team and stops trying on the field.
agreed to a degree. now there's the story of the halftime arguement from the MNF game. things like, his post game after week 1, none of that is good. but again, losing one of the best WRs can not make you better.

only positives:
- brady free to spread the ball
- no drama

me personally, i can live with no moss, but damn will i miss that dude.

CP...get ready homie, we're gonna be taking TONS of heat if welker disappears from box scores now
laugh.gif

DeadsetAce wrote:

CP...get ready homie, we're gonna be taking TONS of heat if welker disappears from box scores now
laugh.gif

I'm not worried one bit.  We both seen what that kid can do with garbage around him, we know why Bill gave up a 2nd and a 7th to get him (which means more then Moss was traded for, TWICE now)  They'll see.  Welk does plenty of things that don't show in a box score anyways, he'll find ways to help you guys win games. 

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

steve young is crazy, he's actin like brady hasn't played with crap receivers before, he won his superbowls with basically no-name WR's
No name WR's, a good run game, and a top-5 defense.

Originally Posted by dreClark

steve young is crazy, he's actin like brady hasn't played with crap receivers before, he won his superbowls with basically no-name WR's

1 1/2 outta 3 ain't bad.

I know damn well you watched that game and saw that the whole Jets defense wasn't even set when they ran that play...
  By far one of the worst excuses ever.

laugh.gif

......and rightfully so.

I love how people continue to mention that Moss catch over Revis like Revis didn't make him disappear for the pretty much the whole game before that catch and the two games before that in the previous season. I guess one catch > a span of a few games huh?

Originally Posted by MrONegative

1 1/2 outta 3 ain't bad.

What's the 1/2? run game?
laugh.gif
trust there will be more men closer to the LOS without a safety having to worry about Moss up top.

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

I love how people continue to mention that Moss catch over Revis like Revis didn't make him disappear for the pretty much the whole game before that catch and the two games before that in the previous season. I guess one catch > a span of a few games huh?

on mosstalk.com yes, unfortunately. around 11:30 pm Monday will be a sad time in Minnesota the Jets will be wrapping up a victory against the vikes at the meadowlands and Twins fans will still be butthurt about the Yanks sending them home, again.

Minnesota stay takin L's against NY
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by MrONegative

1 1/2 outta 3 ain't bad.

What's the 1/2? run game?
laugh.gif
trust there will be more men closer to the LOS without a safety having to worry about Moss up top.

With that geriatric Fred Taylor? 
laugh.gif
 Nah, I'm talking Patrick Chung.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

on mosstalk.com yes, unfortunately. around 11:30 pm Monday will be a sad time in Minnesota the Jets will be wrapping up a victory against the vikes at the meadowlands and Twins fans will still be butthurt about the Yanks sending them home, again.

Twins stay takin L's against NY
Fixed.

And you know deep down behind your avy you shaking in your boots about moss coming through.

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Vikings and Randy Moss restructured his contract. No new money, but promise that Minnesota will not franchise/transition him.

Back
Top Bottom