It's Official: Minnesota Vikings acquires Randy Moss from the Pats for 3rd Round Pick

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I checked the Jets home page and Revis is still labeled "out" on the injury report. When does this get updated?

After Moss leaves town
laugh.gif

Dudes is giving Moss too much credit for that catch. Yeah it was nice for the highlight reel and Revis may or may not have been hurt when it happened, but lets not forget he shut Moss down twice last year. Cromartie who isnt as good as Revis was able to do a pretty good job on him when Revis went out.

Yeah Im mad btw.

Originally Posted by h3at23

RichCimini

Darrelle Revis says Randy Moss quit in 2nd half of Wk 2 game vs. Jets: "You could tell he was putting his foot on the break.."

*Waits for people to say how he burned Revis*

Moss could have been the Goat if he wanted ...No matter how much you guys deny it you give safety help over the top and you can pretty effectively limit Moss.  He had never been a guy who is going to go and make tough catches over the middle of the field.  It's funny how people make Owens to be the ultimate diva, bad-guy reciever when Moss is worse.  Gimme the guy with some personal baggage that gives 110% every time on the field than the guy that the moody, unstable guy who seems to only play motivated when s=he has something to "prove."

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Moss could have been the Goat if he wanted ...No matter how much you guys deny it you give safety help over the top and you can pretty effectively limit Moss. 
He has been played w/ a CB and Safety help for 99% of his career so I don't get your point
ohwell.gif

Like, its very very very rare that he gets single covered for the majority of his snaps.

The hell are you talking about brav?

Moss could have been the Goat if he wanted ...No matter how much you guys deny it you give safety help over the top and you can pretty effectively limit Moss.  He had never been a guy who is going to go and make tough catches over the middle of the field. 

Ummmm....

images

capt43997a00030e40888488a985285af897patriots_dolphins_football_mds103.jpg

Like dre said, he's been double covered since his rookie season.

RichCimini

Darrelle Revis says Randy Moss quit in 2nd half of Wk 2 game vs. Jets: "You could tell he was putting his foot on the break.."

Moss could have been the Goat if he wanted ...No matter how much you guys deny it you give safety help over the top and you can pretty effectively limit Moss. 
????
laugh.gif

Sir, you are very wrong. I'm sorry, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

this !##+ hurts
30t6p3b.gif
......i hate robert kraft.....cheapest and tightest owner in the league....dude isn't loyal and he's full of himself ......word to him taking away mankins contract because he wouldn't apologize publicly

RichCimini

Moss could have been the Goat if he wanted ...No matter how much you guys deny it you give safety help over the top and you can pretty effectively limit Moss.  He had never been a guy who is going to go and make tough catches over the middle of the field.  It's funny how people make Owens to be the ultimate diva, bad-guy reciever when Moss is worse.  Gimme the guy with some personal baggage that gives 110% every time on the field than the guy that the moody, unstable guy who seems to only play motivated when s=he has something to "prove."

JPZx was right to %%$* on you.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Sir, you are very wrong. I'm sorry, but that couldn't be further from the truth.
He's been farther.

Originally Posted by dreClark

He has been played w/ a CB and Safety help for 99% of his career so I don't get your point
ohwell.gif

Like, its very very very rare that he gets single covered for the majority of his snaps.

Your right...but my point is Moss doesn't do anything else accept go long.  If he was willing to go over the middle more he would have been more effective.  My point is moss is like a lamborghini, he's really fast and fun to have, great at going long distances in short time but not the best for everyday use.  And yes , what he does allows people like Wes Welker to have careers but sometimes you need a reciever to just say  "Gimme the damn ball, I'm taking this game over." Maybe I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time
laugh.gif
, but I just have never seen that fire in Moss.

RichCimini

30t6p3b.gif
some people just never learn. This is the same dude who didn't know what the second half looked like that game

Originally Posted by dreClark

ohwell.gif

Your right...but my point is Moss doesn't do anything else accept go long.  If he was willing to go over the middle more he would have been more effective.  My point is moss is like a lamborghini, he's really fast and fun to have, great at going long distances in short time but not the best for everyday use.  And yes , what he does allows people like Wes Welker to have careers but sometimes you need a reciever to just say  "Gimme the damn ball, I'm taking this game over." Maybe I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time
laugh.gif
, but I just have never seen that fire in Moss.
"Numbers don't lie"

Obviously I get ganged up on
laugh.gif
.  I realized Moss has never gotten single coverage in his career, cause if he did he would be about 6,000 yards and 50 touchdowns ahead of where he is now.  What I was trying to articulate is I have never seen Moss be a leader in his life, a guy who said just gimme the ball no matter what.  Moss's playoff performances are fairly mediocre aside from his  amazing performance in the 2000 playoffs.  They're not bad by any margin, but for a guy who is the most talented reciever ever, I expect more.  He hasn't a guy who raises his performance in big games.  I don't think its a coincidence that two of the best regular season teams ever, lauded for their amazing offensew happened to lose in the playoffs. Coincidentally had one thing in common...Randy Moss.  That doesn't mean it was his fault for those losses, just that from someone who people drool over especially on this site, more should be expected.  The game has always came a little too easy for Randy imo, he is almost too talented.  He's like a lamborghini, what's the point of taking a lamborghini on a dirt road, when you want to take it on the highway and go 120.  With Moss you want to go long every time but sometimes that ends up hurting your offense.  And don't act like its a crazy statement to say he doesn't go over the middle, cause he really doesn't.

RichCimini

But he did though
eyes.gif

Obviously I get ganged up on
laugh.gif
.  I realized Moss has never gotten single coverage in his career, cause if he did he would be about 6,000 yards and 50 touchdowns ahead of where he is now.  What I was trying to articulate is I have never seen Moss be a leader in his life, a guy who said just gimme the ball no matter what.  Moss's playoff performances are fairly mediocre aside from his  amazing performance in the 2000 playoffs.  They're not bad by any margin, but for a guy who is the most talented reciever ever, I expect more.  He hasn't a guy who raises his performance in big games.  I don't think its a coincidence that two of the best regular season teams ever, lauded for their amazing offensew happened to lose in the playoffs. Coincidentally had one thing in common...Randy Moss.  That doesn't mean it was his fault for those losses, just that from someone who people drool over especially on this site, more should be expected.  The game has always came a little too easy for Randy imo, he is almost too talented.  He's like a lamborghini, what's the point of taking a lamborghini on a dirt road, when you want to take it on the highway and go 120.  With Moss you want to go long every time but sometimes that ends up hurting your offense.  And don't act like its a crazy statement to say he doesn't go over the middle, cause he really doesn't.

If that dude doesn't catch the ball on his helmet with Rodney Harrison pulling at his arms the whole time bent over backwards going to the ground, Randy Moss has the game winning touchdown in the super bowl to cap an undefeated season........

In other words, he was a flat out miracle away from having that moment on his resume. 

Back
Top Bottom