It's Official: Minnesota Vikings acquires Randy Moss from the Pats for 3rd Round Pick

This is good for the NFC blank period.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Farve wanted him in Green Bay 3 years ago, let see what they can do now.

I really hope all you Vikings/Moss fans realize they aren't getting the Moss posted in all of these pics ^.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Obviously I get ganged up on
laugh.gif
.  I realized Moss has never gotten single coverage in his career, cause if he did he would be about 6,000 yards and 50 touchdowns ahead of where he is now.  What I was trying to articulate is I have never seen Moss be a leader in his life, a guy who said just gimme the ball no matter what.  Moss's playoff performances are fairly mediocre aside from his  amazing performance in the 2000 playoffs.  They're not bad by any margin, but for a guy who is the most talented reciever ever, I expect more.  He hasn't a guy who raises his performance in big games.  I don't think its a coincidence that two of the best regular season teams ever, lauded for their amazing offensew happened to lose in the playoffs. Coincidentally had one thing in common...Randy Moss.  That doesn't mean it was his fault for those losses, just that from someone who people drool over especially on this site, more should be expected.  The game has always came a little too easy for Randy imo, he is almost too talented.  He's like a lamborghini, what's the point of taking a lamborghini on a dirt road, when you want to take it on the highway and go 120.  With Moss you want to go long every time but sometimes that ends up hurting your offense.  And don't act like its a crazy statement to say he doesn't go over the middle, cause he really doesn't.

If that dude doesn't catch the ball on his helmet with Rodney Harrison pulling at his arms the whole time bent over backwards going to the ground, Randy Moss has the game winning touchdown in the super bowl to cap an undefeated season........

In other words, he was a flat out miracle away from having that moment on his resume. 
You are the king of pissing on what if's so I don't even know how you are saying that
roll.gif
.I'll take it to your extreme, Moss is kryptonite for playoff success (I don't really believe that for the record).  Even the last play of the game where Brady bombed it to him, it was a little under thrown but he certainly had a play on the ball. At the end of the day, Moss's individuals achievements and talents haven't manifested into Super Bowl success which is my main point.  I'm not devaluing Moss or saying he isn't the most talented ever, I'm just saying he hasn't yet been in a part of a recipe for the actual point of the game.  I think there is some merit to that, but if you all insist I know nothing than be it.  I'll just sit back on Sunday and watch my Jets come away with another victory, with a proven formula for playoff success, long-sustained drives and intimidating defense.

Originally Posted by bkmac

I really hope all you Vikings/Moss fans realize they aren't getting the Moss posted in all of these pics ^
Sounds good. I'm content getting the Moss that burned the one they call "Revis Christ" for a one-handed touchdown...

Oh and fraij...
Childress says the move wasn't made because of wide receiver Sidney Rice's recovery from hip surgery, which Childress says is on schedule.  The Vikings coach also isn't worried about the off-field issues Moss experienced in the past.
Link

Originally Posted by JPZx

I really hope all you Vikings/Moss fans realize they aren't getting the Moss posted in all of these pics ^
Sounds good. I'm content getting the Moss that burned the one they call "Revis Christ" for a one-handed touchdown...
Who then was proceeded to be held in check by Cromartie the rest of that game.

Listen, you can have the ALDS thread, but you can't have Moss playing well against the Jets on Monday night. Choose one
laugh.gif

^
Hey, I agree that facts are facts.  And he doesn't have a ring.  I'm fully aware.  But football and basketball are two different sports entirely. 

The Giants and Pats didn't play a 7 game series.  It was one shot, they didn't get it done.  I get that. 
The other player you refer too had plenty of time/chances to make it happen, in a 7 game series, it just didn't. 

I was merely speaking on you saying he was on a team that was hyped for their offense and then failed in the postseason.  One dropped ball, and Randy has that moment like what Plax and Santonio have. 

Game of inches........

Originally Posted by JPZx

Who then was proceeded to be held in check by Cromartie the rest of that game.

Listen, you can have the ALDS thread, but you can't have Moss playing well against the Jets on Monday night. Choose one
laugh.gif
These Moss stans kill me.

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
Hey, I agree that facts are facts.  And he doesn't have a ring.  I'm fully aware.  But football and basketball are two different sports entirely. 

The Giants and Pats didn't play a 7 game series.  It was one shot, they didn't get it done.  I get that. 
The other player you refer too had plenty of time/chances to make it happen, in a 7 game series, it just didn't. 

I was merely speaking on you saying he was on a team that was hyped for their offense and then failed in the postseason.  One dropped ball, and Randy has that moment like what Plax and Santonio have. 

Game of inches........
All I'm saying is he had two teams, 15-1 and 16-0, both who came short in the playoffs.  Not his fault, but I think it still is an  fact of his career that you can't ignore.

steve young is crazy, he's actin like brady hasn't played with crap receivers before, he won his superbowls with basically no-name WR's

if you have Aaron Hernandez in your fantasy league, i'd be happy to have him, Brady has fallen in love with him already

Originally Posted by h3at23

RichCimini

Darrelle Revis says Randy Moss quit in 2nd half of Wk 2 game vs. Jets: "You could tell he was putting his foot on the break.."

*Waits for people to say how he burned Revis*

Moss could have been the Goat if he wanted ...No matter how much you guys deny it you give safety help over the top and you can pretty effectively limit Moss.  He had never been a guy who is going to go and make tough catches over the middle of the field.  It's funny how people make Owens to be the ultimate diva, bad-guy reciever when Moss is worse.  Gimme the guy with some personal baggage that gives 110% every time on the field than the guy that the moody, unstable guy who seems to only play motivated when s=he has something to "prove."

But he did though
eyes.gif
I know damn well you watched that game and saw that the whole Jets defense wasn't even set when they ran that play...

Wow 17 pages and nobody has mentioned the fact that ADAP and the Superfreak will be playing on the same team with a Hall of Fame QB who is still capable of making big plays. Moss and Favre are a matched made in heaven. Moss has never been paired with a RB as talented as Peterson and Peterson has never been paired with a deep threat like Moss. Don't tell me he had Rice, Moss is in his own league when it comes to being a deep threat. This will open up play after play for either Peterson or Percy.

I am 23 years old, have a college degree, am an accomplished athlete, and currently work at what is pretty much my dream job. With that said, this might be the best day of my life.

Favre to Moss, the unstoppable t.... INTERCEPTED!

Randy Moss was a good acquisition by the Pats for the '07 season because they were going after the Superbowl. But Moss is not a fit for long term plans. He is nothing more than a hired gun and that window of his usefullness has passed for the Patriots with all the rest of their old veterans moving on or retiring. This move had to be made.

As for a 3rd round pick, nobody else in their right mind (except maybe the cowboys or raiders) would give us anything more for a 34 year old receiver signed on for only 3-4 months.

Originally Posted by superbowlhomeboy217

Wow 17 pages and nobody has mentioned the fact that ADAP and the Superfreak will be playing on the same team with a Hall of Fame QB who is still capable of making big plays. Moss and Favre are a matched made in heaven. Moss has never been paired with a RB as talented as Peterson and Peterson has never been paired with a deep threat like Moss. Don't tell me he had Rice, Moss is in his own league when it comes to being a deep threat. This will open up play after play for either Peterson or Percy.

I am 23 years old, have a college degree, am an accomplished athlete, and currently work at what is pretty much my dream job. With that said, this might be the best day of my life.
yea...i think everyone overlooked the fact that Favre is his qb and AD is the RB.....good call on that.

Originally Posted by superbowlhomeboy217

Hm....I am sorry, didn't see anyone talking about how AD and Moss being on the field together will affect defenses. I should be ashamed of myself for not reading everything on NT and having over 20,000 posts.
I was being serious.  I really don't think anyone considered who he was playing with.  It was a great observation on your part, and it should be applauded. 

Then I apologize. Sarcasm is easily confused with sincerity. I will accept your applause and follow it with a bow of respect to you, good sir.

I'm so mad that the Patriots sent him for just a 3rd round pick.

He was such a deep threat and will cheer for him when he comes back to Foxboro on Halloween.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

RichCimini
��
Darrelle Revis says Randy Moss quit in 2nd half of Wk 2 game vs. Jets: "You could tell he was putting his foot on the break.."

*Waits for people to say how he burned Revis*

Moss could have been the Goat if he wanted ...No matter how much you guys deny it you give safety help over the top and you can pretty effectively limit Moss.� He had never been a guy who is going to go and make tough catches over the middle of the field.� It's funny how people make Owens to be the ultimate diva, bad-guy reciever when Moss is worse.� Gimme the guy with some personal baggage that gives 110% every time on the field than the guy that the moody, unstable guy who seems to only play motivated when s=he has something to "prove."

But he did though
eyes.gif
I know damn well you watched that game and saw that the whole Jets defense wasn't even set when they ran that play...

I knew that was coming. The video dont lie (especially the last angle)

in a weird way, it's good AND bad for NE.

of course, losing one of the greatest WRs doesn't improve anything. but i don't think it's necessarily the end of the world for the NE offense. now welker will get doubled, so brady will be looking for the TEs, RBs, and other WRs. i don't think we'll have problems finding open guys and moving the chains. but the explosive long game is gone. tate will probably be the one expected to stretch the field, but without drawing two defenders his way, it's not going to open up the field that much. still, there are enough weapons for brady to use. and these guys are better than what brady had pre-moss...and he did alright.

what should disappear are the INTs. i would say more than half of brady's INTs in the brady-moss era were when moss was targeted. both of his INTs this year were on moss targets.

Back
Top Bottom