IT'S OFFICIAL - Nike Foamposite Max/Duncans Retro All Blacks Release Black Friday $225

Status
Not open for further replies.
my connect also told me they're good to go for the fall at $225 tho....smh glad i rarely pay retail for anything anymore

don't kill the messenger i haven't been wrong about anything i've been told from my guys

go back to this thread HERE i mentioned this months ago among other things, and everything has come to fruition so far

$225?! Daaaamn, Nike is really trying to milk us for all we're worth on the Foams! Glad I got two pair of the black joints when they released last time. Love them or hate them, the Foam Max is an even more indestructible shoe than the Foam One/Pro.

I was wearing one of my black pairs when I was storm chasing a few years back, and I ended up helping out in a neighborhood that got hit by a mudslide (thankfully no one was hurt). When I left, my kicks were completely caked in the thickest, nastiest mud you can imagine. With about 10 minutes of cleaning when I got home, they looked minty fresh again. I still rock this very pair, and despite also wearing them to work on my car, do lawn work, and trudge through snow and slush, they're still an 8 out of 10 after a few minutes worth of cleaning. The Foam Max isn't just a shoe...it's a tank for your foot.

Originally Posted by MerkurPosite

$225?! Daaaamn, Nike is really trying to milk us for all we're worth on the Foams! Glad I got two pair of the black joints when they released last time. Love them or hate them, the Foam Max is an even more indestructible shoe than the Foam One/Pro.

I was wearing one of my black pairs when I was storm chasing a few years back, and I ended up helping out in a neighborhood that got hit by a mudslide (thankfully no one was hurt). When I left, my kicks were completely caked in the thickest, nastiest mud you can imagine. With about 10 minutes of cleaning when I got home, they looked minty fresh again. I still rock this very pair, and despite also wearing them to work on my car, do lawn work, and trudge through snow and slush, they're still an 8 out of 10 after a few minutes worth of cleaning. The Foam Max isn't just a shoe...it's a tank for your foot.
QFT. I still wear my all black with the silver emblem and my white pair. The air bubbles are only weak link on the shoe, and i still haven't popped mine after 8 years. Said it before and i'll say it again, foams have nothing on duncans in terms of longevity.

Originally Posted by bigj505

225 = easiest pass of my life.
sick.gif
  I Love These Shoes But After Tax That Price Is Rape... If Nike Retails These For $225 Then I Will Definitly Be Passing... $200 Is As Far As I Go... What Did They Retail For When They Last Retroed.??? 

^I agree. 225$ is rape, especially since there are 2 foam pros and 1 foam ones left for the year.. PASSSSSS!!!

^I agree. 225$ is rape, especially since there are 2 foam pros and 1 foam ones left for the year.. PASSSSSS!!!

The were 170 when they came out....They will be no more than 200. I doubt Nike would make them 225 when they retailed the same price as foam pros/foam 1s if not they were 10 bucks cheaper than the foams. The foams retros retail for 200 and foam pro retros 190 so I doubt a 225 pricetag would be on the duncans.......

Originally Posted by Rod301

sick.gif
  I Love These Shoes But After Tax That Price Is Rape... If Nike Retails These For $225 Then I Will Definitly Be Passing... $200 Is As Far As I Go... What Did They Retail For When They Last Retroed.??? 

$180 was the retail price on the last retro

Love these shoes -- but can not justify $225 for something that will hit sales racks for sure.

eek.gif
at that price they'll drop I hope
ohwell.gif

Ima see what a size smaller fits like too...They were huge when I got em back in 05

really tho? i didn't expect that kinda backlash over the price...we pay 217.75 here in NY for Foams (for those that pay retail), and i saw people pay 250 for Pewters yesterday as i watched their wallets get butt-mangled, and you guys are complaining over an extra 25 bucks, and you're getting more shoe?
indifferent.gif
i've seen it all now
roll.gif
...even if i don't get my discount on these i'll happily pay the 244.75 for these after tax
grin.gif
and the shoes drop in the WINTER you have PLENTY OF TIME to stack up your chips if you really want them

with that said...bring on the sample pics!!!

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

really tho? i didn't expect that kinda backlash over the price...we pay 217.75 here in NY for Foams (for those that pay retail), and i saw people pay 250 for Pewters yesterday as i watched their wallets get butt-mangled, and you guys are complaining over an extra 25 bucks, and you're getting more shoe?
indifferent.gif
i've seen it all now
roll.gif
...even if i don't get my discount on these i'll happily pay the 244.75 for these after tax
grin.gif
and the shoes drop in the WINTER you have PLENTY OF TIME to stack up your chips if you really want them

with that said...bring on the sample pics!!!

Point well made sir.  My biggest concern is if Nike is somehow successful at unloading these at $225 a pop, it's almost guaranteed they are going to raise prices across the board on Foams.  Since the Foam Maxes were always less expensive than the Ones and about the same as the Pros, it's not hard to imagine $225 for future Pro releases and $250 for Ones.  It's the slippery slope of supply and demand.  If the market will bear a price hike, and there's sufficient demand for the supply Nike produces, Foams are going to become an even costlier hobby.  With Foamposite releases like the Royals, Eggplants, and quite possibly the Pewters flying off the shelves at $200 a pair, it's only natural for the good folks at Nike to wonder if they could hike prices and still keep the sales momentum going.  The Foam Maxes are, quite frankly, an ideal shoe to test the waters.

So if these do in fact drop for $225 a pair, let's all hope people wait on these to get marked down before copping, because if they don't, mark my words...Foam prices will go up across the board.

On a side note...I wonder if these rumored Foam Max retros might be the OG silver colorway.  That might just be the shoe that could support a $225 price tag.

^ well they did lower the price on the Pro's by 10 bucks so i can't totally see that happening, but then again.....LOL

plus the shoehead in us has been clamoring for these for a few years now i don't think too many people will sit on the sidelines watchin other people happily spending the money on these and their size disappear

Originally Posted by Rod301

sick.gif

these will DEFINITELY hit the racks/outlets at that price. especially if they mass produce it like they did with all these foams. whatever happened to LE? smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom