IT'S OFFICIAL - Nike Foamposite Max/Duncans Retro All Blacks Release Black Friday $225

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this has finally showed me it is time to get out of the shoe game.  I really wanted these shoes since I first heard about them several months ago (parents WERE NOT hearing that price tag when I was growing up).  When I saw the price was $225, I could not believe it, but i said these are a grail of mine and I will save up a little at a time to get them.  Well, tonite is the big nite and as I am entering my credit card info, a message pops up and says my size is gone.  Bigger than that what got me is that it showed a timer on footlocker for  $225 shoe, you have got to be kidding me and the phone had me on hold as well.  I am typing this in total shock right now.  There are a few more things I want to get and I am out.  When a $225 shoe can sell out in MINUTES, this only tells Nike, that  they can step on the gas when it comes to pricing. Believe me I went back and forth multiple times about even spending $200, much less $225 and this tells me that the other people who got this shoe made the decision for me.  For the people waiting to get these in outlets, I think this shows it ain't gonna happen and if it does it may be like 4 or 5 and thats it. 
-And forget places like deadstock or pickurshoes or anyother of these type of mom and pops webistes selling them for $245 and up.  This is ridiculous, but as long as there are people lining up in the rain and selling out in minutes online, prices will continue to soar.  /End Rant

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ people saying they were waiting to cop until they hit outlets

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

we got it the first time u said it, relax...it was JUST a Ps.
laugh.gif
^ I said it once. I don't think I said it more than once.
(see below)
Originally Posted by beh235

That gold looks terrible. Stick to OG colors. Smh

just passed by 34th as well....definitely a line forming out there, can't believe it considering they couldn't give these away the last two releases
laugh.gif
^ Oh, thanks Niketalk police. You're doing one hell of a job patrolling these halls
wink.gif

Outlets would not be farfetched if these were a GR, but they're limited so the most you're gonna see is a 180 markdown if these sit in your area

Although I am disappointed in dudes gobbling these up. If a new (last release in 04) silhouette like the Duncans can sell out, Nike is gonna go ham on pricing for hyped drops like the Space Jam or Red Foams.

I wonder how many people bought 2 pairs on eastbay/footlocker. 1 minute wait as soon as the link goes live and u tell me they're sold out 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
that's 0-5 on midnight releases fml

Originally Posted by jeff3424

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
that's why it helps to not depend on NT for all your information. You need to do your own research for your area. NT speaks mostly for New York and DMV.

I told dudes that they needed to stop the talk of outlets, foams aren't how they used to be.

Hopefully this means they'll finally do the flightposite 3's in 2012.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
that's why it helps to not depend on NT for all your information. You need to do your own research for your area. NT speaks mostly for New York and DMV.

I told dudes that they needed to stop the talk of outlets, foams aren't how they used to be.

Hopefully this means they'll finally do the flightposite 3's in 2012.
True...I didn't expect them to sell out so fast at first, but once I started hearing how few pairs HOHs and FootLockers were getting and saw a few @NikeStore tweets saying they're limited and telling people to be ready at midnight I figured I better try for the midnight release 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

THIS!! I've said it twice in this thread that these weren't going to hit outlets
roll.gif

I'm glad I got me a pair. I'm gonna pass on the all black pair of these tho

Originally Posted by StayFresh365

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

THIS!! I've said it twice in this thread that these weren't going to hit outlets
roll.gif

I'm glad I got me a pair. I'm gonna pass on the all black pair of these tho
^ I agree, but common sense should kick in due to the buzz. I remember the thread that came out of nowhere calling for these to be retroed. What did people think the outcome would be. They weren't discounted on swoosh for me, so no go. F that, I have principles. I refused to be treated like, for lack of a better term, a "hungry ho" just for a pair of sneakers. I personally have a better perspective on shoes.

Originally Posted by jimalojj

I wonder how many people bought 2 pairs on eastbay/footlocker. 1 minute wait as soon as the link goes live and u tell me they're sold out 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Really? I ordered 1 pair as soon as the link went live and it went thru withOUT a check out line wait. placed the order.
 I went back, place another in cart just to see how bad the line was, it was 10 minutes. 10 minutes went by and it allowed me to check out if i want to, did not say sell out. Only ordered 1. Strange that you had this issue. But it sold out in less than 15 minutes.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by jimalojj

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Really? I ordered 1 pair as soon as the link went live and it went thru withOUT a check out line wait. placed the order.
 I went back, place another in cart just to see how bad the line was, it was 10 minutes. 10 minutes went by and it allowed me to check out if i want to, did not say sell out. Only ordered 1. Strange that you had this issue. But it sold out in less than 15 minutes.

Yup and on another forum i saw a dude post that he got 2 size 11s. What made it worse is that it added the shoes to my bag i immediately put my Credit Card info in, hit submit then it tell me Nada. Dnt know if it has anything to do with me ordering from Austrlia but now if i want these i'll be looking at +300 plus
mad.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

roll.gif
They really sold out? I'm deadass shocked.

LMAOOO IM CRYIN!! 

... ON MY WAY HOME FROM AN EARLY NIGHT I DECIDED I WOULD GO BY 34TH FOOTACTION AND SEE WHAT IT'S LIKE. I ARRIVED A COUPLE OF MIN. BEFORE 11PM AND TO MY SHOCK THE LINE WASN'T LONG AT ALL, SO I FIGURED ILL WAIT THE HOUR AND BE DONE WITH IT... SOON AFTER, MAD PPL SHOWED UP.

I COMPARED THEM TO MY 05'S AND I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE HOW MUCH FOAMPOSITE MATERIAL THEY USED ON THESE.. ITS LOOKIN LIKE 11>05

Originally Posted by j o 19

I COMPARED THEM TO MY 05'S AND I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE HOW MUCH FOAMPOSITE MATERIAL THEY USED ON THESE.. ITS LOOKIN LIKE 11>05
That's what I am hoping for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom