.::It's Official, The Jewelry Thread Vol. 10: Kiddin' like Jason::.

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

man vs. machine.
the font is actually very precise to what the artwork was. I think it was the spurs ring or maybe miami's.
I didn't do too much research.

but then again, we had no font to go off and then again, the ring isn't near the size of the normal championship rings.
championS was cut into champion. the ring size was bigger then usual from the actual width and overall size.

it may sound like hit and miss then.... we fit the NLV inside the center spot on, otherwise it'd be real lopsided.
cnc woulda took that piece over a 6 weeks to 2 months easy.
the championship rings take over a few months.

if you look at our LRG pieces or whatever else, even the NLV piece itself, those were hand cut as well.
lol

not trying to argue here... but with machine you'd have a font to work off of... cnc would not take 6 weeks to 2 months. well, if you got it donethrough one of those companies that does a whole team's rings at the same time in china, yes. then again, no class ring/team ring company would touch aproject like that with so much ice. big stuff can look flawless when hand made, but in my opinion, especially when working with such fine details, you need amachine.
Originally Posted by NLV esq

Good luck trying to read the font. There are no clear pics of my ring....yet my logo is off. The ring is all VVS F and G color. So even if you seen it in person you have to sweeze your eyes to see the detail anyway. It's all good. I a appreciate the feedback.

those are pretty clear pics imo. clear enough to see imperfections. i'm not sayin' it's not nice, i love the ring, and no, nobody will be ableto tell the imperfections when it's on your finger. not hatin', just agreeing with nter belle155.

Thanks for the comments. My NLV Piece & Franco are next for completion. For now that piece sleeps in a cherry wood box in my safe until it isawaken....LOL !!!!

Originally Posted by 1 IN A BILLION

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

man vs. machine.
the font is actually very precise to what the artwork was. I think it was the spurs ring or maybe miami's.
I didn't do too much research.

but then again, we had no font to go off and then again, the ring isn't near the size of the normal championship rings.
championS was cut into champion. the ring size was bigger then usual from the actual width and overall size.

it may sound like hit and miss then.... we fit the NLV inside the center spot on, otherwise it'd be real lopsided.
cnc woulda took that piece over a 6 weeks to 2 months easy.
the championship rings take over a few months.

if you look at our LRG pieces or whatever else, even the NLV piece itself, those were hand cut as well.
lol

not trying to argue here... but with machine you'd have a font to work off of... cnc would not take 6 weeks to 2 months. well, if you got it done through one of those companies that does a whole team's rings at the same time in china, yes. then again, no class ring/team ring company would touch a project like that with so much ice. big stuff can look flawless when hand made, but in my opinion, especially when working with such fine details, you need a machine.
Originally Posted by NLV esq

Good luck trying to read the font. There are no clear pics of my ring....yet my logo is off. The ring is all VVS F and G color. So even if you seen it in person you have to sweeze your eyes to see the detail anyway. It's all good. I a appreciate the feedback.

those are pretty clear pics imo. clear enough to see imperfections. i'm not sayin' it's not nice, i love the ring, and no, nobody will be able to tell the imperfections when it's on your finger. not hatin', just agreeing with nter belle155.

actually, naw, I was wrong and lemme correct you, because you're wrong as well.
wink.gif

the CNC wouldn't have have made it better because once you go into casting etc, those letters woulda been spread apart. look at the NLVINC and the otherside, there aren't really detailed pics, but you can see the microphone, 45 adapter and the spray paint can and they are super crazy detailed and as goodas it can get. and btw, the NBA/NFL etc champ rings are made with a steel type stamp along with CNC, so those are welded on after, I had to see. the way Natewanted the letters on top to be angled was a tough task.

but I got a new camera, not that it would matter, so I'mma take some pics. we've been making a lotta pieces.
we got some stuff for konvict music coming, G Malone.... I got Tyga's piece, paris hilton just got something made that should be done on monday....
but it's all pretty boring.
tyga's piece is creative tho. the Lil Wayne concert on Monday is gonna be crazy, so will the TI concert next friday. and BET awards are coming up, so Iknow I got jewels for these cats.

laugh.gif
at nitpicking over the font on the ring.

honestly it looks incredibly well-done, and all anybody's gonna see is a big shiny thing on the guy's finger. the only way they'll even be able toread what it says is if he takes it off and lets them examine it.

YO! Chris...
pimp.gif

I'll be getting that lion's head studded out when I hit the super big time. I'mma cop you a white gold toe ring... FLOODED, g. You know, for yourcontribution.

Ay, I been on the Ambien with this Vol. What's the new joints. Let me get a re-cap. DF!!!

I just saw that David Banner video a few days ago and was wondering why the HELL is Barry Bonds and the Maloof Brothers in there
laugh.gif
they were so out of placebut in a comical way.

Looks like La Cienega Blvd.... That piece is nice even though I can't tell what it is... on a side note damn I want that new Louis belt but I think I mightwait for the graphite damier joint...

June has been good so far, 5 BIG pieces and 12 watches and thats just custom wise.

the TYGA piece is real big and heavy too. about the size of the interstate 10 piece and weighs the same too.
he got a watch too, real icee.
the watch and the piece were both made in just under 4 days legit.
and everything on there are all genuine diamonds.... even the cognac colored ones.... when you see them bright oranges, they're usually cz's.

the piece is an animated Tiger and this is the exact artwork and size he gave us to work with and turned it around FAST. as usual.

TYGA_ARTWORK.jpg

we're bout to pushing into different territory now too, people say there's a recession, so I'm out there gettin it from all the artists....
Lil Wayne concert 2moro and I got 2 clients there to set up new pieces for.
Paris Hilton got a new really icee and VVS piece being delivered 2moro night....
then I head to Houston for a Paul Wall video cameo with a scene driving shotgun with Slim Thug (he coppin some ice too)
then I got MTV 52 weeks with TYGA on friday....
then shooting a cameo for Lil Wayne/David Banner video, then I got the T.I. concert and BET awards and official gifting suite.

we ain't playin, I was out there thinking it was sweet, but now F that, I'm out there grabbing EVERYONE.

got some new personal pieces being made too, but I gotta be patient.
btw, now with the official logo, all our bails will have that "IF" logo either iced out or not iced out.

that Tyga logo looks lame.

but the piece is dope! that $*#+ is shinin.

i like how the font looks

dope $*#+ Ben

Ill be honest, as usual execution is right on point with both the ring and the tyga piece, but i think the tyga piece looks ******ed. I just dont like theidea. I mean there is no doubt it came out like the artwork but to be it comes off looking like The fish from Mario Brothers. A+ on the craftsmanship but Tyganeeds better taste in a design.

78615c46c76f76671cac709b0f87c315fa392af.jpg

=
Cheepcheep1.jpg

^lol it reminded me of that fish too, i thought it was dope until i saw it was suppose to be a animated tiger

damn NLV ring is chunky. but you got that done and you didnt finishin icin out the pendant necklace?

Back
Top Bottom