It's sad we've all forgotten what Jordan's are for.

So I'm a little older than most of yall here and I remember when it was a big deal to rock Jordan's on the court...
You didn't cop them to put them on ice you copped them because they were made for ballin... when you stepped on the court you thought u could really belike Mike.

But these days very few of us rock them on the court or even want to wear them for fear of them getting messed up...
I copped the 2/21 pack a few weeks ago. And like most of you just wanted the 2's but hey can't just toss the 21's... so i decided to hit the gymand play some ball in em... heck get some use out of them... to my surprise these are some of the most comfortable kicks i've balled in since hell i rockedmy 3's back in high school...

Damn shame we've turned the greatest basketball player in the world to the new wave Chuck Taylor.

I don't think it's that people just won't wear them on the court. Retros just don't hold up very well on the court quality/performace wise,with a few exceptions. They aren't made for playing anymore, just casual wearing.

Agreed. I've been feeling like this for a while now. Especially just last year when I played in college, sometimes you want to hoop in something sick butyou would rather wear them because you know they wont last on the court because of the quality.

OK??? Let people do what they want with THEIR kicks.
I hoop in some of my J's and some I wear for fashion.

Originally Posted by esb225

So I'm a little older than most of yall here and I remember when it was a big deal to rock Jordan's on the court...
You didn't cop them to put them on ice you copped them because they were made for ballin... when you stepped on the court you thought u could really be like Mike.

But these days very few of us rock them on the court or even want to wear them for fear of them getting messed up...
I copped the 2/21 pack a few weeks ago. And like most of you just wanted the 2's but hey can't just toss the 21's... so i decided to hit the gym and play some ball in em... heck get some use out of them... to my surprise these are some of the most comfortable kicks i've balled in since hell i rocked my 3's back in high school...

Damn shame we've turned the greatest basketball player in the world to the new wave Chuck Taylor.
What makes me even more upset, are those who just don't wear their jordans. I really really hate that. But I understand what your saying,and unfortunately, that's the future of jordan brand; to be mass marketed as the premiere lifestyle sneaker. Moreover, it's sucks coming to therealization that even a retro VIII won't even last more than a few months without cracking.

People forgot what these were for back in '88 when they stop costing the price of a basketball sneaker.

jordans have all ways been too expensive to ball in and the technology (hypermax) is alright. every now and then i'll put on j's to ball(red suedexxi's, bred xi retro). i really want to rock the cdp iv's but i think those would look like crap after the firts time of hoopin. the bred i's wouldbe sooo ill to rock on the court but i might as well kiss my knees and back goobye. those things have noo cushion SMH......

The XXI's are my favorite jordan when it comes to ball
pimp.gif

i ball in all of my recent retro jordans for fear that my older j's will crumble of course. but, these recent retros are bad quality and not verycomfortable to play in. for example i've been playing in my grapes lately since that was my fav shoe when i was little, but the shoe is so stiff its notvery comfortable. not to mention the prices of these jordans now i can see why people don't want to mess them up playing ball.

Some people just happen to like the style of Jordans and wear them casually .. is that a crime?
I think it's widely known that Jordans are basketball sneaker so I wouldn't spend too much time thinking
people forgot...
And you must respect that people can do whatever they want with their money .. I'm not locking away my jordans just because I don't feel like playingball today.
And has it ever crossed your mind that some people keep their shoes on ice because they are actual SHOE COLLECTORS.
You don't see these toy collectors ripping open the package after they get them and start playing with their new toy.. They keep them in a package on theshelf.
It shouldn't bother you what everyone else is doing.

I dont play very much anymore, but when I do I always rock Jordans. 23, 21, and 21 PE are great ball shoes IMO. I also like to use 19SE on occasion, those arejust so well cushioned.

For me, it's not that I forgot what they are for, but I only play once in a while, most of my time is spent off the court, so most of my shoes are for offthe court as well. But I dont feel bad about that, I enjoy my shoes. If I enjoy them playin ball, or I enjoy them goin out, or maybe even just keeping them DSso they always look perfect. How ever you enjoy your shoes I say go for it.

I like Jordans for fashion but I do ball in a couple of them. I like my Lebrons better to ball in though. I don't put my J's on ice because I wear mysneakers and I have never seen the point of just keeping them boxed. Some people just have their preference of what they want to ball in. Some people may likethe Kobe's, Lebron's, Pro Model, Huarache...the list goes on. To be honest, alot of Basketball sneakers are used for fashion now, its not just Jordan.

I honestly think ur life is sad if u worry too much about other people, just worry about those close to u and keeping that paper stacking

I ball in my cdp 21's cuz i dont care if they get messed up. Id never play in the 2's cuz they'd crease nd look horrible then i wouldnt wear em. Ucant play in most retroes cuz shortly after theyd be unrockable nd u buy jordans cause theyre fresh. It depends on ur purpose of buying the shoes. Just do whatu wanna. i balled in the cdp 12s nd i got hit when i jumped nd they scuffed nasty.

Originally Posted by hypeNT500

jordans have all ways been too expensive to ball in and the technology (hypermax) is alright. every now and then i'll put on j's to ball(red suede xxi's, bred xi retro). i really want to rock the cdp iv's but i think those would look like crap after the firts time of hoopin. the bred i's would be sooo ill to rock on the court but i might as well kiss my knees and back goobye. those things have noo cushion SMH......
DONT BALL IN THE CDP IVS!
i made that mistake.They chipped so bad
frown.gif

i know ill repaint oneday but i hate how sloppy it looks
and to the op i have jordans for ballin and some for casual wear
i wont ball in retros, i learned my lesson with the cdp ivs

well certain jordans i would never consider playing ball in anyways because they just aren't comfortable to be running around on. if i wanted to buybasketball shoes to PLAY basketball, alot of shoes are more comfortable and cheaper for hooping then jordans.

but i do got 2 pairs of XIVs as my indoor kicks.

love your point of view dude.

but it is what it is... I prefer the new tech tho. how can you compare the1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,20,21,22 to the New lebrons, the New Kobes, BB1 etc...

Most basketball sneakers nowadays are used for fashion. It's just the way it is. Also bball sneakers have great comfort not just to ball in but just tochill and walk in so that factors into it. Don't worry what other people doing. Do your own thing.

You didn't cop them to put them on ice you copped them because they were made for ballin... when you stepped on the court you thought u could really be like Mike.

I copped the 2/21 pack a few weeks ago. And like most of you just wanted the 2's but hey can't just toss the 21's... so i decided to hit the gym and play some ball in em... heck get some use out of them... to my surprise these are some of the most comfortable kicks i've balled in since hell i rocked my 3's back in high school...

Chucks were originally made for basketball as well.

And just because they are basketball shoes doesn't mean you need to ball in them. I don't play tennis in my Stan Smiths, I don't run in my AirMax's, I don't play baseball in my Griffey's... Fantastic that you played ball in some CDP 2s. Congratulations, is that what you want? You, sir,are the only true Jordan purist left on this planet. I applaud your initiative.

Jordans nowadays, well the retros, aren't meant for basketball. Strictly fashion

I wouldn't even want to play ball in em personally, plenty of better performing nike's out there.

Back
Top Bottom